Hydaelyn Role-Players
Legacy Mark/Item Speculation - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Legacy Mark/Item Speculation (/showthread.php?tid=1645)

Legacy Mark/Item Speculation - Moltove - 02-07-2013

So, while we still have no clue what mark/item on our character will get for being Legacy (other than the Chocobo), I was wondering how people were going to RP it. Especially since the game lore by default dictates that all player characters went and teleported.

Would this mean that the mark/item is only to those who teleported in RP terms? The only flaw in this is that would logically mean, as new players teleported too, they get the legacy item which, is false. x =/= x.

How would SE put the Legacy mark/item in lore? Would they at all? Probably not. There might be flavor text on the mark (a buff, at least) or item.

So how would you RP it, assuming it fits enough with your character? You got it from teleporting? You got it for being a survivor? Or did you find it while spelunking in a near-by dungeon? For the last, you would have to be careful, since other RPers (and regular players) will have it, but that doesn't mean you can't be creative and RP it to be a different mark or item.

More importantly, what do you think this thing will be??

RE: Legacy Mark/Item Speculation - Eva - 02-07-2013

I had sort of assumed it would be like a tattoo similar to the ones those people in the "Circle of Knowing" have, however this is purely speculation. I had also heard somewhere (sorry I can't cite source I truly don't remember where I read it) that you would be able to toggle it on/off - though I'm not sure if this means after launch or at character creation only. So those "staying behind" wouldn't have to use it in order to keep with their lore.

But it might not be a tattoo at all. Could be something entirely different. I admit I'm very curious about this too though!

RE: Legacy Mark/Item Speculation - Merri - 02-07-2013

I'm inclined to go with the circle of knowing tattoo speculation as well. It's simple, able to be placed on anyone (Since a piece of "armor" or "equipment" would either have to be wearable and not interfere with all armor, nor take up an equipment slot since it will be toggleable)

I could see the reasoning behind it as well. It's been mentioned that a relative of Lousioux will exist in A Realm Reborn. I could see him going "Hey, I can't thank you enough for assisting Louisioux by protecting him while he attempted the summoning." Blah blah, makes you an honorary member of the Circle of Knowing or something. It'd also be nice since people who aren't big on the tattoos and were still teleported would be able to just kind of say "no thanks" and it wouldn't be "forced" on their character so to speak.

I feel a scenario along those lines would be more credible than some tattoos just magically appearing on your character when they exit the rift, at least.
Edit: Come to think about it, the party of adventurer's in the cinematic didn't have anything special on them as far as I can see. So it most likely is something that is given afterwards, and not received from the rift itself.

But who knows? Only time will tell, I suppose.

RE: Legacy Mark/Item Speculation - Nel Celestine - 02-07-2013

Kind of hoping it's something we can get afterwards especially if I really like the look. I'd rather not have it exclusive to time skippers only kinda deal.