Hydaelyn Role-Players
Ship's Junk - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Artisan House (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Ship's Junk (/showthread.php?tid=1658)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Ship's Junk - Sigyn Shieldbreaker - 02-23-2013

(02-23-2013, 06:23 PM)Shippuu Wrote:
(02-23-2013, 06:11 PM)Siobhain Wrote: Wry are he so handsome?! And so itty bitty. Life is just not fair for them big ladies.

On a more serious note, I am forever astounded by your ability to make such great lines digitally. I keep trying and trying and mine always end up looking thick and clunky. And my poses seem really stiff while yours are always dynamic and fluid.
Itty bitty is best though! Means he's travel sized! And Ship doesn't discriminate! He loves the big ladies! hahaha xD

And my lines most likely stem from my custom brushes. One of the benefits of digital software. It's really about shape dynamics, try flipping it on on the brush you're using if you aren't. If your tablet has pressure sensitivity then the lighter you press the thinner the line is, harder = thicker. Lets you get nice wispy lines with quick strokes. (Assuming you're using Photoshop that is, though other good art programs should have something similar I'd assume.)

Shippu can ride on Siobhain's shoulders and berate her. She's probably into that given her soldier-esque mentality. Like Yoda. A tiny, attractive, angry Yoda.

I have a Create Bamboo tablet and I've discovered that there is...like little to no pressure sensitivity. I've fiddled with it a lot and I haven't gotten much out of it. When I was working with GIMP I found this tutorial that said I could put a fade on a line that mimics the effect of thickness/pressure sensitive by length but it didn't work so well on varying-lengths of lines. I'm using CS2 now but I've yet to try again at a freehand piece just with the tablet. I suppose I'll have to give that a shot and maybe see about what I can do with the brushes.

Thank you! Your expertise on the matter is appreciated.

RE: Ship's Junk - Folken - 02-23-2013

(02-23-2013, 06:57 PM)Siobhain Wrote: Shippu can ride on Siobhain's shoulders and berate her. She's probably into that given her soldier-esque mentality. Like Yoda. A tiny, attractive, angry Yoda.
Ship is certainly one to berate people, even if they are well over twice his size! 

Of course, I'm sure they'd certainly get into a scrap or two in the mean time...
[Image: fight_zpscca03864.png]

RE: Ship's Junk - Sigyn Shieldbreaker - 02-23-2013

(02-23-2013, 10:33 PM)Shippuu Wrote:
(02-23-2013, 06:57 PM)Siobhain Wrote: Shippu can ride on Siobhain's shoulders and berate her. She's probably into that given her soldier-esque mentality. Like Yoda. A tiny, attractive, angry Yoda.
Ship is certainly one to berate people, even if they are well over twice his size! 

Of course, I'm sure they'd certainly get into a scrap or two in the mean time...
[Image: fight_zpscca03864.png]

Stupendous! You accomplished everything I was concerned with doing myself, reflecting the movement and impact, not only with the poses but with the effects of the splatter. It's like a Chinese ink-painting in movement. I really love this.

RE: Ship's Junk - Aysun - 02-24-2013

That picture is amaziiiing Big Grin

RE: Ship's Junk - Folken - 02-24-2013

Thanks, I think it came out pretty well too. Even though I rushed it at the end :/

RE: Ship's Junk - Manari - 02-24-2013

Holy crap! Shipp, that picture is amazing! I love the stylized look, it's stunning.

RE: Ship's Junk - Folken - 02-27-2013

:/

Manari~
[Image: Manari2_zps5cb1810e.png]

RE: Ship's Junk - Eva - 02-27-2013

That's pretty frekkin' sweet!!  Thumbsup

Thanks Eva!

Also, Male Miqo'te character concept I'm mulling over <.<;
Show Content

RE: Ship's Junk - Manari - 02-27-2013

I love it, Shippuu! It's perfect for My ARR plans for her and I want to post that picture on my Wiki. Thank you so much for taking the time to draw Manari, I really really appreciate it!

RE: Ship's Junk - Sigyn Shieldbreaker - 02-27-2013

I loved the picture you did of Manari! And that's a very manly Man'qote. So many manly Man'qotes.

Except E'iri. E'iri is a pretty one.

RE: Ship's Junk - Ellie - 02-27-2013

Oh dear, that's one mean looking Miqo x3

Love the Manari pic, btw! Can't wait to see more of your stuff!

Edit: By the by, I might possibly be looking for a maybe sort of art trade, if you're up for it.

(02-27-2013, 04:13 PM)Siobhain Wrote: I loved the picture you did of Manari! And that's a very manly Man'qote. So many manly Man'qotes.

Except E'iri. E'iri is a pretty one.

Manly Miqo'te is best Miqo'te....in my opinion <.<

(02-27-2013, 03:21 PM)Manari Wrote: I love it, Shippuu!  It's perfect for My ARR plans for her and I want to post that picture on my Wiki.  Thank you so much for taking the time to draw Manari, I really really appreciate it!

No problem, feel free to use it on your wiki~ Glad you like it.

(02-27-2013, 04:17 PM)Ellie Wrote: Oh dear, that's one mean looking Miqo x3

Love the Manari pic, btw! Can't wait to see more of your stuff!

Edit: By the by, I might possibly be looking for a maybe sort of art trade, if you're up for it.

He's got his serious-ish face on. But he ain't all that mean! lol.

If you want to do a trade I'm down, just PM me or so whenever you're ready with info/ideas/whichever.

RE: Ship's Junk - Folken - 03-01-2013

More moon manqo'te....

Shouldn't be this fun to draw these :/

Show Content

RE: Ship's Junk - Folken - 03-02-2013

Rooooogadddyyyyynnnnn
[sub]This is his good side. His other side? not so good...[/sub]

(Edit: Forgot the beard)
Show Content