Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hi FF XIV RP! First time RP'er here... - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hi FF XIV RP! First time RP'er here... (/showthread.php?tid=16702)

Hi FF XIV RP! First time RP'er here... - Aera Espoir - 07-11-2016

Hello everyone,

I'm new to Roleplaying in general, let alone inside a MMORPG like Final Fantasy XIV. I created this account with my character's name to RP in the game, but am currently singing the woes of getting into Balmung. The server is always closed for new characters, and I cannot quite afford a server transfer at the moment...

But that being said, I've been reading the stickies on the RP forums here, and I think I'm ready to take the dive and introduce myself!

I don't know if this has been done before--but I'm sort of using RP as a means to grow as a writer, as I seem to struggle with character dialogue and truly understanding what it means to write a believable, flawed, interesting character. The character Aera is the protagonist of a story I've been writing. Her presence in Eorzea, if anything, is sort of a "What-if" scenario.

So basically, the multiverse theory. And all that timey-wimey...stuff. I've been conjuring a backstory based off the game's lore that probably won't be ever told in an actual RP session, but it's good to establish just in case you get asked IC, "Where are you from?"

But this little introduction isn't so little anymore. I'm glad to be here, and as a first-timer I need all the advice and tips I can get! Also, it may be awhile until I can transfer to Balmung/Gilgamesh, so if there are any good RP communities here that are located on other servers, I wouldn't mind situating myself there before making the jump.

Thanks, everyone! Here's to fun times ahead! Smile

EDIT: I should mention that my main character for general playing/OOC gaming is in Balmung--but sadly my RP character will more than likely have to transfer.

RE: Hi FF XIV RP! First time RP'er here... - Kodie - 07-11-2016

Welcome!!

and also, hell yeah Gran Turismo!!!

RE: Hi FF XIV RP! First time RP'er here... - Aera Espoir - 07-11-2016

(07-11-2016, 04:17 PM)Kodie Wrote: Welcome!!

and also, hell yeah Gran Turismo!!!
Thanks! Love me some GT every now and then...!Cool

I've started work on my character's wiki page. It's extremely early and still pretty barebones, but it's a decent start. I'm really trying to research my lore and make sure nothing contradicts itself, while also staying futureproof for content ahead. Tongue

Here's what I have so far, if you'd like to take a look. 

RE: Hi FF XIV RP! First time RP'er here... - Arzilia - 07-12-2016

Hey there! Welcome, welcome! o7

I've heard that waiting for Balmung to open is really rare, that it could take even months for it happen. So I'm guessing the best way is to transfer over here. And therefore, you should try and make as many RPing characters as you think you'd like to use before transferring so you get them all in one trip =D

I like what you have on her wiki, and that Soul Calibur song is a really nice touch, kudos to you!
Anything else that you need, feel free to send me a PM!

RE: Hi FF XIV RP! First time RP'er here... - Aera Espoir - 07-15-2016

I'm happy to announce that I've successfully transferred to Balmung, and have been slowly building more of my character's wiki! I can't wait to start RP'ing with everyone!! ^_^

RE: Hi FF XIV RP! First time RP'er here... - SicketySix - 07-16-2016

(07-15-2016, 05:54 PM)Aera Espoir Wrote: I'm happy to announce that I've successfully transferred to Balmung, and have been slowly building more of my character's wiki! I can't wait to start RP'ing with everyone!! ^_^

Awesome man, welcome to the server!
If you ever see Vett Tia around be sure to stop and say hello!