Hydaelyn Role-Players
EBONGUARD - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Linkshell Hall (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: EBONGUARD (/showthread.php?tid=17164)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: EBONGUARD - zaviire - 11-05-2017

[Image: tumblr_oypy17C31j1veqaxko4_r1_540.png]
[Image: tumblr_oypy17C31j1veqaxko1_540.png]
[Image: tumblr_oypy17C31j1veqaxko2_540.png]
[Image: tumblr_oypy17C31j1veqaxko3_540.png]

THE CLOAK & DAGGER: NOW HIRING STAFF & SECURITY

Formerly a quiet establishment situated on the outskirts of the Goblet, the Cloak & Dagger has recently come under new management. A man known only as Crow seems to take frequent fancies to lost causes; having swindled the property out of the hands of the previous owner in a game of cards (or so he’d say), he hardly accounted for the lack of staff and the poor location of the restaurant itself.

Or perhaps, the perfect location for shady people and shadier dealings. Far enough out of the way that few prying eyes are present and fewer would bother to wonder about foot traffic, the Cloak & Dagger is ripe to be molded into a sanctuary for the sort of people who would like to keep things off-the-record…

⸻

The Cloak & Dagger is a RP venue located at The Goblet Ward 11 Plot 55 that has come into the possession of Crow, an information broker who claims to be the leader of the criminal network known as Ebonguard. Although intended to be used as a sanctuary for people to conduct their dealings in-person (as is usually necessary with the transfer of goods or the providing of payment for services), such operations necessarily require a front… And, well, there’s no problem in making some coin off of a front.

WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?

From an IC standpoint, the Cloak & Dagger is hiring staff (waitstaff and bartenders) and security (hired muscle). From an OOC standpoint, we’re looking for people who would be interested and willing in helping to run a MONTHLY (ish) public event geared toward criminal-types and shady sorts. This doesn’t exclude characters of more neutral/lawful persuasions from offering work, though, since flyers regarding this ‘job listing’ would likely be posted all around Ul’dah.

QUESTIONS, ANSWERED:

“Do I have to join Ebonguard?” Nope! The allure of Ebonguard is and always has been the idea that you don’t have to leave any groups that you’re currently a member of in order to join (since Ebonguard is strictly a linkshell). Running with that theme, you don’t have to be a member of the Ebonguard linkshell in order to work with the Cloak & Dagger or even go through that whole application process. In order to make contacting everyone easy, though, joining the Discord is required.

“Are there any requirements as to the kind of character you want for the Cloak & Dagger?” The short answer is not really but the long answer is kind of. There are no real requirements as far as race or character concept – your character could be a Lawful Good Dunesfolk bookkeeper who’s just looking for a side-job and stumbled upon the listing. All that we ask is that your character is lore-compliant, and preferably isn’t too involved with the Void. (It’s not a deal-breaker but we’d probably need to talk about it because of how sticky those sorts of things tend to get.)

“What’s in it for me?” OOC: Potential connections, RP plot hooks, something a little different to do for one night out of the month, and my (Crow’s) eternal love and adoration. IC: Potential friends, potential clients, juicy information to spread, some spare coin and good drinks on the house.

WHO TO CONTACT:

If you’re interested in getting involved with the Cloak & Dagger, then please contact @ebonguardls directly via our inbox, Perc#5086 on Discord, or Leonnaux Altoix in-game! You can also PM me here.

(Read this post on our Tumblr!)

RE: EBONGUARD - zaviire - 11-30-2017

Ebonguard is temporarily closed for recruitment in order to give officers time to get through the applications we have as well as to focus on academics, work, and other things generally associated with the end of the semester and the holiday season! It should re-open by January 2 at the absolute latest (but I will update if it re-opens earlier)!

[Image: tumblr_inline_ozkf3za2s91sljw32_540.png]
[Image: tumblr_inline_ozyg83CSGv1sljw32_540.png]

Also, the Cloak & Dagger has a webpage on our Tumblr now, located here: http://ebonguardls.tumblr.com/cloakanddagger

It has a bit of IC information about the establishment itself, its 'house rules,' a menu, and -- when our volunteer staff get some time on their hands -- will include a short list of characters working there and some RP hooks for interested parties as well!

If you are interested in working for the Cloak & Dagger, please contact me directly at Perc#5086 on Discord, @ebonguardls on Tumblr, or Zaviire on the RPC. Regardless of our current recruitment status, we’re happy to accept any volunteers who want to help get this little event up and running! This is because, as detailed in my previous post, characters do not have to be members of Ebonguard in order to work at the Cloak & Dagger. Send me a message via any of the aforementioned channels and we can work something out!

Nothing is set in stone yet because people are obviously busy due to the holiday season, but I'm hoping to have both a soft-opening for members of Ebonguard (and outsiders they invite along) and the grand opening to the public sometime in January.

RE: EBONGUARD - zaviire - 01-23-2018

Ebonguard reopened its recruitment doors at the beginning of this year, but that's not all!

[Image: tumblr_p290uhTE2f1veqaxko2_1280.png]

On January 7, we had a soft open of the Cloak & Dagger last night for members of Ebonguard (and friends of members of Ebonguard)! It was great fun: the Cloak & Dagger got a few new employees and the waters have officially been tested with regards to getting a feel for how to run this sort of event. (Which I’ve never done before!) (View post on tumblr.)

And that's not all... We've planned the grand opening for Februaru 25! Here's the flyer and the Tumblr post. I'll post a thread about it in the Events forum as the time draws closer.

[Image: tumblr_p30y4vYS201veqaxko1_540.png]

The Cloak & Dagger welcomes performers to its stage. Please contact me for more information.

The Cloak & Dagger is an RP venue affiliated with the Ebonguard criminal network LS, owned IC and OOC by “Crow” (Leonnaux Altoix). If you’re interested in helping run a monthly public RP event (be it as waitstaff, security, etc) at The Cloak & Dagger then please contact me vie PM.

You do not have to join Ebonguard or even play a criminal/shady character to help run or to attend this event. No lasting commitment is required and said monthly RP event will be scheduled on a case-by-case basis according to the volunteer staff’s schedules.