Hydaelyn Role-Players
Letter from the Producer V Q&A - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Letter from the Producer V Q&A (/showthread.php?tid=1718)

Letter from the Producer V Q&A - Vareal - 02-23-2013

For those who don't peruse the forums or were unable to watch the stream, or even speak Japanese, the questions and answers were posted to the @FF_XIV_EN twitter and to the official forums. For those who wish to visit the forums, here is the link.

For everyone else, here are all the questions and answers: 

Show Content

-wipes the sweat off his brow-

Whew, that was a massive copy and paste undertaking. Anyway, now that that's done, I'm excited to hear about Gilgamesh. Also, can't wait to have a baby Chocobo!

ARR is shaping up to be a HUGE game. What with all they're implementing and plan on implementing, things could get massively awesome. And the idea of having the Vera and a male race as it's counter part has gotten me intrigued.

Let's hear some more thoughts! What do you guys think about everything going on?

RE: Letter from the Producer V Q&A - Weffrey - 02-23-2013

Q9 is the best news. ;D 

I agree, ARR is shaping up to have way more activities to do and is looking great! Can't wait until it's ready. Moogle

RE: Letter from the Producer LIVE! V Q&A - Vareal - 02-23-2013

(02-23-2013, 11:44 PM)Weffrey Wrote: Q9 is the best news. ;D 

I agree, ARR is shaping up to have way more activities to do and is looking great! Can't wait until it's ready. Moogle

I agree, Summoner will be an interesting class I'm eager to explore.

I'm also particularly interested in the smart phone integration. I'd like to see what they do with that.

RE: Letter from the Producer V Q&A - Aysun - 02-24-2013

Q38 makes me groan.

RE: Letter from the Producer V Q&A - Vareal - 02-24-2013

(02-24-2013, 02:27 AM)Aysun Wrote: Q38 makes me groan.

Which part? The part about maybe mixed races or a new race in general?

RE: Letter from the Producer V Q&A - Aysun - 02-24-2013

Both actually!

Mixed races = ugh. Simply because I don't want to see Lalafell running around with tails or something. It's just silly imo. This isn't to say I don't think that the races can interbreed (which SE says they can), I just personally think that the child would take the race of one or the other parent. Otherwise it'd just get messy.

Introducing Viera with a different male race counterpart because they don't want to make bunny-men only re-introduces the problem people had with Miqo'te and Roegadyn/Highlanders. People wanted to play male Miqo'te, female Highlanders, female Roegadyn, and now that they've fixed that and are allowing it they want to start over again with the same issue?

Viera would be a poor choice to introduce in my opinion as well because there is already an animal-human race. I love Viera, don't get me wrong, I just don't think they have a place in Eorzea.

RE: Letter from the Producer V Q&A - Rhostel - 02-24-2013

Burmecians plz. They can be a more civilised and elegant offshoot of the Qiqirn from the Garlean continent or something.

RE: Letter from the Producer V Q&A - Olofantur - 02-24-2013

(02-24-2013, 12:39 PM)Aysun Wrote: Introducing Viera with a different male race counterpart because they don't want to make bunny-men only re-introduces the problem people had with Miqo'te and Roegadyn/Highlanders. People wanted to play male Miqo'te, female Highlanders, female Roegadyn, and now that they've fixed that and are allowing it they want to start over again with the same issue?

Viera would be a poor choice to introduce in my opinion as well because there is already an animal-human race. I love Viera, don't get me wrong, I just don't think they have a place in Eorzea.

I concur, while I would love to see the introduction of Nuu or Banga I don't think they have a place in Eorzea, particularly as it would, as you say re-introduce the problems of having a gender specific race which they changed with ARR.

Further, how would these races be introduced to the world? a vassal nation of the Garlean empire that is fighting for autonomy? there are a few ways they could approach it but I would still find it odd not having seen at least the occasional rogue of these races out in the world.

Not to dredge up everyones favorite punching bags but in EQ and WoW both, the races pre-existing as NPC's were more well received or sought after to be playable... why not use the existing pool if they want to add so heavily.