Hydaelyn Role-Players
Describe your character by their favorite foods! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Fun Prompts (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Thread: Describe your character by their favorite foods! (/showthread.php?tid=17244)

Describe your character by their favorite foods! - Gegenji - 09-14-2016

This is a spur of the moment idea that came to me while talking to a coworker who was cleaning some of his food out of the fridge. He was complaining about how the food he had left in their was spoiling, and - as a joke - I stated that he's like his food: kinda spoiled. All in good fun, of course. But still, it's an interesting way to try and describe your character too!

While I mention favorite foods, there's nothing keeping you from just choosing a food you think fits them best "as a character" even if they don't like it. Or if it doesn't actually exist in Eorzea. In retrospect, this is kiiinda like my old Your Character as a Drink idea - just expanded some. Hopefully it's far enough removed that it isn't retreading the same ground.

Anyway! Here's some examples:
Chachanji
- Sweet and kinda childish (Candy)
- Hardy and hale (Steak)
- Warm and mushy (Mashed Popotoes)

Judge
- Exact, can leave you dazed and disoriented, and not good in large doses. (2:1-Ratio Martini)

It can be serious or silly. Accurate or hyperbole. It all really just depends on how you want to play with it. Just be careful, since some descriptions could also be taken the wrong way! After all, you might not want to describe your character like a frozen dinner - quick, easy, and done in five minutes. Or maybe you do, who am I to judge? Laugh

RE: Describe your character by their favorite foods! - Ari Kagon - 09-14-2016

Ari:

Anything sugary: Very sweet and all around enjoyable.

Erel (Gloria):

Elderberries: Attractive but can be very hazardous to your health. 

Alcohol: Loosens inhibitions and can make people very manipulable.

RE: Describe your character by their favorite foods! - Parth Makeo - 09-18-2016

Arala Makeo:
....uhh...everything? (optimistic, willing to try new things.)

P'rita Kali:
Rice (Basic and simple)
Pickled plums (a hidden treat under her cold front)

Alyx Quintessence:

Wati Quintessence:
Tuna (Savory even on the eyes)
Puffer fish (Has a potent poison if treated poorly)

Igni Quintessence:
Steak (Tough and strong)
Coconut (is forgetful at times)

Gaia Quintessence:
Legums (down to earth)
Beets (a natural sweetie)

Forta Quintessence:
Believe me, I tried getting her favorite food and...
Strawberry Shortcake (An unexpected sweet)

Rollo:
Strawberries (loving devotion to his owner)

Geppetto:
Popotos (you explain how a mammet is facinated over Popotos...)

RE: Describe your character by their favorite foods! - Swanmay - 09-18-2016

Here goes for my three girls. I opted to add pictures too since these foods might not  be too popular stateside.

Ameline: Sweet but tangy, and quite comforting - Lemon curd
[Image: 6751081501_d009c171bc_b-490x320.jpg]

Izayoi: Soft, delicate, with a subtle flavour and a bit of a surprise: Mochi with anko filling
[Image: aaezAYB8.jpg]

A'senna: strong and exotic, can be slightly bitter- Moroccan Orange Desert

[Image: moroccan-orange-dessert-horiz-a-1200.jpg]

RE: Describe your character by their favorite foods! - Caleria Amih - 10-03-2016

Let's see...

Caleria's foods would be:

-Sweet Chestnut: A spiky shell covers a sweet interior, especially when baked- much like Caleria herself.

-Cheese Pizza:  Caleria doesn't know her past, so it could be anything- much like how you could top a cheese pizza with literally anything else.