Hydaelyn Role-Players
EU Roleplayers - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: EU Roleplayers (/showthread.php?tid=1731)

Pages: 1 2 3

EU Roleplayers - Noaleth - 02-26-2013

Me and Hinagiku are looking to get in touch with roleplayers from the European timezones (GMT +0/+1/+2) Smile

I've noticed that a great majority of players on this site are from North America, so I'd like to find out how many Europeans who'll roleplay in ARR are currently active. Some games have a relatively large, vibrant and active European RP-community (like Guild Wars 2 and WoW at some point), while other games seem to shelter only a very small amount of EU roleplayers (like Everquest 2). I'm hoping there'll be a fair amount to be found in FFXIV: ARR, as timezone differences can possibly be very troublesome (especially when you can't stay up to play past midnight), if you want to build long lasting character relationships and plots Cool Not necessarily, but it can be a barrier.

So, we're curious. How many EU folk do we have in this community at the moment? Or of course, people from other countries or North Americans playing at hours more in line with EU prime-time qualify as well :3

And if you're European, do you intend to roll on a specifically European server, if Square-Enix appoints one, or will you just roll wherever the bulk of the (NA) RP community heads for?

RE: EU Roleplayers - Xenedra - 02-26-2013

I'll start by saying I am not, in fact an EU player : x

But!

Many of us on the RPC keep very odd schedules and as far as I've heard, it's never been an issue for EU players to get plenty of RP from all regions of the world. I myself pretty much sleep whenever I want! So I hereby claim some of your RPs, mwahaha and such.

As for server, a great number of us are already rolled on what was called (and may still be after launch) the Balmung server. There have been a few posts deliberating the merits of restarting on a theoretical official RP server, but as some of us have already put in hours of work into our characters and SE has stated we won't be able to move them (at least at launch), I would say Balmung is the go-to at the moment!

Also, welcome! Heehee~

RE: EU Roleplayers - Yssen - 02-26-2013

Seconded. I freelance so my schedule is my own, so long as I get my work in on time. Which I always do. Bwhahahaha, responsibility! I am also not an EU player, but I do lay claim to your RP. 

A note on severs, I would not worry about this too much for the moment. The whole thing is up in the air until we have more concrete details. Assume Balmung if it still exists. I would not expect a plan until more concrete details come forth. Don't panic. When details do come forward in a more solid fashion, the community shall keep you informed as to what is up. Yar!

Look forward to seeing you guys in Eorzea.

RE: EU Roleplayers - Noaleth - 02-26-2013

Thank you for your input, Xenedra and Yssen :3 You may gladly have some of our RPs Big Grin Looking forward to it, even ^^
That said, I'm probably more concerned about it than I should be Angel. More than likely, we'll find our way around the time-zone difference and will probably manage to engage in some interesting interactions with NA characters as well, even if we do have to miss out on some events (but, who doesn't? Cool)

Either way, we'll probably be rolling on whatever the designated roleplay server will be that the bulk of the community will roll on, NA and EU alike :3 Be it Balmung or its succesor. I guess time will tell what server we'll all end up ^^

Regardless, I'm still interested in getting in touch with EU folk, of course. So if there are still any lurking about, I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

RE: EU Roleplayers - Rhashi Nefhys - 03-06-2013

Hello Noaleth!

Looks like we share timezones though I am on an odd schedule here as well which is quite US friendly at times. I also did some searching for other EU players and communitys but it looks pretty grim so far. So just staying on US Servers looks like the better option right now.

And most RPers who played 1.0 will probably stick to the Balmung server as Xenedra pointed out already.

RE: EU Roleplayers - Noaleth - 03-06-2013

(03-06-2013, 05:04 AM)Rhashi Nefhys Wrote: Hello Noaleth!

Looks like we share timezones though I am on an odd schedule here as well which is quite US friendly at times. I also did some searching for other EU players and communitys but it looks pretty grim so far. So just staying on US Servers looks like the better option right now.

And most RPers who played 1.0 will probably stick to the Balmung server as Xenedra pointed out already.

Hey there, Rhashi Big Grin Glad to hear from another European. It's really too bad you haven't met very many other European roleplayers so far. It's strange how some games have a very large amount of EU based roleplayers (e.g. Guild Wars 2), while others have little. Luckily it's still quite some time till launch, and we'll probably see a bunch more show up!

Like you said, we're probably just going to roll on a US server anyway, which will likely be Balmung Smile So there will never be a real shortage of roleplay for us, though I do hope we'll have a nice little group of people from our timezones around Cool

RE: EU Roleplayers - Varus - 06-25-2013

Another RPC member brought up a great point:

EU players live across the world and thus they are awake when many of the RPC members are asleep.

In order to rectify this problem and open up more opportunities for RP socialization for our EU RPC members who have time-constraints and find it difficult to get such opportunities, I'd suggest creating a social group on Skype! This way, EU RPers can interact with other people from similar timezones outside of the forums!

RE: EU Roleplayers - Nhyra - 06-25-2013

Heya! I wanted to bring up the old thread, since RPC has gotten a lot more people recently.

Looking for others from EU! Even with somewhat strange time schedules myself it seems hard to catch others online. At least when they're neither going to sleep or to work. If there are lots of people from EU and interested RPing at more comfortable times we could maybe arrange something. For example events! Of course people from other parts of the world would be welcome too if their times allow.  Smile

I assume that at least most EU-players from RPC are going to Balmung, so I don't see the need to specificly roll on EU server. Unless they want to play end-game/other reason...

/edit, hehe, Tyonis was faster.

RE: EU Roleplayers - Koko - 06-25-2013

I'm Spanish (GMT+2). So yay, Europe. And I am going to most probably, with 99% certainty going to be on Balmung.

RE: EU Roleplayers - Ronberku - 06-25-2013

Seems like I never posted in this topic. But I'm also an EU player and I'm already on Balmung.

RE: EU Roleplayers - Gerik - 06-25-2013

My friend Burgenheim is from EU too, he was hoping to find other RPers and stuff to hang out with.

RE: EU Roleplayers - Flynn Rosenberg - 06-25-2013

England here o/
Gonna wait and see what yoshi has to say first. Ill go where all the EU RPers are

RE: EU Roleplayers - Dycize - 06-25-2013

French here \o/
So good ol' EU with GMT+1 time zone. I'm used to staying late to RP with NA people, but EU players are always easier on the sleeping schedule =p

RE: EU Roleplayers - Kari Illderthane - 06-25-2013

Another UK person here for the record.-Will be playing on Balmung.

RE: EU Roleplayers - Amyr Mythweaver - 06-25-2013

English here and will be playing on Balmung my insomnia has always let me ignore time zone issues pretty much since Everquest.  Laugh