Hydaelyn Role-Players
A call to all -loyal- Garleans - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: A call to all -loyal- Garleans (/showthread.php?tid=17415)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

A call to all -loyal- Garleans - AlionLucada - 10-07-2016

It's beginning to feel like most of the people playing Garleans these days are nothing but traitors who have thrown in their lot with the native Eorzeans, or at least chosen to separate themselves from their homeland. I know there have been a few Garlean-themed FCs since 2.0 launched, but they seem to have largely disappeared, and that just seems like a tragedy. The world needs opposition that isn't just mustache twirling evil, and RP will be better for it.

I've got a character who's essentially working from the inside out, stranded in Eorzea following the battle of Carteneau and the loss of his squadron, tasked with feeding information back to the fatherland. He's done well so far, but knows a team would serve better than him alone, and though he's wholly loyal to Garlemald he has a personal ambition to rebuild his team from before the war using sympathetic Eorzeans and Garlean expatriates.

So, and I realize this is a longshot, I'm looking for people who play/are interested in playing a loyal Garlean working behind enemy lines with the aim to eventually be a foil for other groups of RPers down the road. They can be former members of the military like my own character, Garleans who just happen to be living in Eorzea, or just people who believe a unified Empire is in the best interests of everyone. I want to stress that I'm looking for morally gray characters, people who believe what they're doing is right, not Saturday morning cartoon villains.

I'm more than happy to get into further details via PM, but will obviously be keeping things somewhat vague here so as to maintain an air of secrecy. Either way, thanks for reading.

RE: A call to all -loyal- Garleans - KoharuIyashi - 10-08-2016

Koharu might be a good fit for this. I wouldn't say she is loyal to the empire, but she is forced to be loyal to the empire. Her family are held hostage by the empire, and has also been forced to enlist in the Garlean military. Currently she is working as an information broker in Eorzea, but beneath her cover, she is a Garlean spy, gathering any useful information and reporting it back to the empire, hoping one day she would be able to free her family from the Empire's grasp.

If this has caught your interest, you can either pm me here or ig (Koharu Iyashi)!

RE: A call to all -loyal- Garleans - Qwynn - 10-08-2016

But -- Aren't Garleans mustache twirling evil? That's certainly been my impression of them through the story line!

RE: A call to all -loyal- Garleans - AlionLucada - 10-08-2016

(10-08-2016, 02:06 AM)KoharuIyashi Wrote: Koharu might be a good fit for this. I wouldn't say she is loyal to the empire, but she is forced to be loyal to the empire. Her family are held hostage by the empire, and has also been forced to enlist in the Garlean military. Currently she is working as an information broker in Eorzea, but beneath her cover, she is a Garlean spy, gathering any useful information and reporting it back to the empire, hoping one day she would be able to free her family from the Empire's grasp.

If this has caught your interest, you can either pm me here or ig (Koharu Iyashi)!

Sent you a PM!

(10-08-2016, 02:12 AM)Qwynn Wrote: But -- Aren't Garleans mustache twirling evil? That's certainly been my impression of them through the story line!

I'm sure the vast majority of people in Garlemald are the same as any other nation, it just so happens to currently be ruled by a government with expansionist policies. Even then, the Emperor and pretty much every major Garlean character we've seen so far has felt that what they were doing was for the greater good of the world. I don't think we've seen one that was outright evil and just wanted to destroy for destructions sake.

RE: A call to all -loyal- Garleans - Valence - 10-08-2016

As I already stated in your last thread, I'm totally open for anything on that side for my character, even if she is not garlean, and probably doesn't like very much authoritarian regimes. She sure likes their Magitek, and she also certainly doesn't care that much about who rules the world, especially when she probably wears thick rose tinted glasses on what Garlemald truly is about. After all, she tried to enlist not that long ago out of a teenage tantrum.

Could maybe see it as self interest at first. That would probably be more of a 'free electron' kind of approach, but I'm never opposed to see character change for any legit reason anyway.

(10-08-2016, 02:12 AM)Qwynn Wrote: But -- Aren't Garleans mustache twirling evil? That's certainly been my impression of them through the story line!

In the 2.0 MSQ, yes. In the 1.0 MSQ though, no. Not with the Black Wolf being portrayed as he was. There was a clear distinction between the batshit crazy garlics ala Nael, and the ruthless pragmatic garlics like Gaius.

To me the Black Wolf and the White Raven embody two very different philosophies, and while I can certainly admit that the latter can probably be qualified as mustache twirling evil (or just batshit insane), I wouldn't agree for the former, not the slightest. We will have to see also how it is for the new emperor and the successor of the Black Wol

RE: A call to all -loyal- Garleans - Ekidna - 10-08-2016

Hello there,

Maybe my character, Meifeng, could fit in what you're looking for, as she is -loyal- but not because she truly believes in Garlemald, more because she thinks she has no choice left but submit to their will, being an othardian "refugee". Although she hates how she is treated and the Empire's means, she is torn apart between her loyalty towards her people, who were unfortunately labeled as rebel sympathizers, and her desire to see a world at peace in which she earned her freedom.

It's her 6th year of service so she's not a citizen yet, and works as a spy/assassin for Garlemald. I'm currently looking for more garlean connections, as so far I only been a contrasted antagonist for people fighting the Empire.

I also created a Garlean NPC if that can help but I'm not yet comfortable lore-wise to play an officer for PC plots. Might take some time.

Oh and, by the way, I love playing with Koharu, so maybe we could figure out something Big Grin

PM'd the both of you! Surprised this has garnered as much interest as it has.

RE: A call to all -loyal- Garleans - LiadansWhisper - 10-08-2016

There have been a few Garlean FCs out there, but most of them don't seem to have ever gotten off the ground insofar as having active RP going on.

I wish you luck with your attempt! I would love to see a Garlean FC get off the ground and be a real force for RP on the server. Smile

RE: A call to all -loyal- Garleans - Ciel - 10-08-2016

One of my alts, Glace Silencieuse, is a loyal conscript.  Certainly hit me up if you would like to pull him into anything Garlean-flavored.  I'm always looking to touch base with more loyal, active Imperials.

(10-08-2016, 09:31 AM)LiadansWhisper Wrote: There have been a few Garlean FCs out there, but most of them don't seem to have ever gotten off the ground insofar as having active RP going on.

I wish you luck with your attempt! I would love to see a Garlean FC get off the ground and be a real force for RP on the server. Smile

I'm not sure if this is going to be a FC, LS, or what. I don't want my characters true allegiances to be known at a glance, so I haven't decided yet.

(10-08-2016, 10:25 AM)Ciel Wrote: One of my alts, Glace Silencieuse, is a loyal conscript.  Certainly hit me up if you would like to pull him into anything Garlean-flavored.  I'm always looking to touch base with more loyal, active Imperials.

Pm'd!

RE: A call to all -loyal- Garleans - PhantasticPanda - 10-08-2016

For the 2.0 storyline, yea, its easy to see it that way. But as someone else said, 1.0 really shows more depth into the Garlean characters. Here's a video on Gaius! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AFNJSXtBLw (Skip to 2:53 for the real start of the video)

Back on topic, no loyal Garlean here but I wish you all good luck in your search for RP and be prepared to be put on a hitlist.... Just kidding... Maybe... \o

RE: A call to all -loyal- Garleans - AlionLucada - 10-09-2016

(10-08-2016, 02:10 PM)PhantasticPanda Wrote:

For the 2.0 storyline, yea, its easy to see it that way. But as someone else said, 1.0 really shows more depth into the Garlean characters. Here's a video on Gaius! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AFNJSXtBLw (Skip to 2:53 for the real start of the video)

Back on topic, no loyal Garlean here but I wish you all good luck in your search for RP and be prepared to be put on a hitlist.... Just kidding... Maybe... \o

Thanks for the well wishes. =P If we do our jobs right, you'll never know we're there til it's too late!

RE: A call to all -loyal- Garleans - foxfirestorm - 10-11-2016

I may join you there on the Garlean bit.
I have an old 1.0 character I never got very far and while she may be a Miqo'te, we know the Garleans had several different races under their command. I have always loved the Garleans and their culture.

Hilarious part is... I just renamed her and reconfigured her /back/ to a Miqo'te, as I was having her run with a Garlean group that went under, and I missed her being a Miqo'te, given she is also who I have the paper certificate for. >__>

I'm not very far in the MSQ with her, not far at all, but I can work something out with her to work in some angles easy enough-- given again-- she didn't really get any line-light even back in 1.0

RE: A call to all -loyal- Garleans - AlionLucada - 10-11-2016

(10-11-2016, 12:15 AM)foxfirestorm Wrote: I may join you there on the Garlean bit.
I have an old 1.0 character I never got very far and while she may be a Miqo'te, we know the Garleans had several different races under their command. I have always loved the Garleans and their culture.

Hilarious part is... I just renamed her and reconfigured her /back/ to a Miqo'te, as I was having her run with a Garlean group that went under, and I missed her being a Miqo'te, given she is also who I have the paper certificate for. >__>

I'm not very far in the MSQ with her, not far at all, but I can work something out with her to work in some angles easy enough-- given again-- she didn't really get any line-light even back in 1.0

Another loyal soldier of the Empire joins the cause! Are there any more out there? I'm also more than happy to hear from folks that could use a unit of Garlean operatives as potential foils and rivals!

RE: A call to all -loyal- Garleans - Khaine - 10-11-2016

I play a loyal pure blood that lives among Eorzeans, she has her own hidden agenda but would help any loyal to the empire within Eorzea. I do also agree on a sizable active Garlean group being good for the server.