Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Australian Linkshell Network (Late-Night RPC Discord Channel) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Australian Linkshell Network (Late-Night RPC Discord Channel) (/showthread.php?tid=17432)

Australian Linkshell Network (Late-Night RPC Discord Channel) - Saevia - 10-09-2016

(Please note, there is at the time of this post being written, no existing Linkshell as yet.)

Introducing the "Australian Linkshell Network"

Given a lack of an existing community for Australian RP'ers (and those in the same or near-same timezones) to find fellow RP'ers in their timezone, I have taken it upon myself to start a new initiative - the Australian Linkshell Network (a sort of play on the words for "National Broadband Network", only we'll do it right, eh? ).

This is a Discord channel where Australians can talk and organise roleplay, and hopefully build up new friendships with people in their own timezone, making it easier to find roleplay during the server's "Graveyard" period.

Of course, non-Australians are welcome too, however I do ask people who are not close to this timezone (+10GMT) to please think twice before joining the discord server. (The exception is of course for those of you who are awake in the graveyard period of RP due to IRL work scheduling having you be online only at this time.)

I look forwards to meeting you all, and investigating strong links for RP.

RE: Australian Linkshell Network (Late-Night RPC Discord Channel) - Sunwins - 10-10-2016

I'm absolutely going to join this! This is such a great idea ! Heart

RE: Australian Linkshell Network (Late-Night RPC Discord Channel) - Yian Kutku - 10-10-2016

Having never used Discord before, is there anything I should know about it? I'm looking through their website right now, but I don't know if there's anything specific to look out for.

I don't have a mic, but Discord says it also supports text chat. Is that acceptable?

(Timezone-wise I'm certainly eligible. GMT+8, Singapore.)

RE: Australian Linkshell Network (Late-Night RPC Discord Channel) - Saevia - 10-10-2016

(10-10-2016, 04:19 AM)Yian Kutku Wrote: Having never used Discord before, is there anything I should know about it? I'm looking through their website right now, but I don't know if there's anything specific to look out for.

I don't have a mic, but Discord says it also supports text chat. Is that acceptable?

(Timezone-wise I'm certainly eligible. GMT+8, Singapore.)
 Mic isn't required, and certainly I dislike talking in voice except with good friends, and even then on rare occasions.

A good way to think of Discord is that it's a more flexible teamspeak, although I do not believe there is a way to share music through the voice channels as can be done in Teamspeak. If it's any kind of promotion, the Yogscast use discord for all their voice chat during their games and recordings.

You are most certainly welcome to join and check it out Big Grin

RE: Australian Linkshell Network (Late-Night RPC Discord Channel) - Kurt S. - 10-10-2016

Omaigadomaigadomaigad

RPers on the same half of the planet as meeee

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

Would like to know active it is during evenings though.

A singaporeannnnnnn or someone in the exact same timezone as me. Yaaaaasssssssss. I'm sorry, two years of empty searching..yeah...

RE: Australian Linkshell Network (Late-Night RPC Discord Channel) - Saevia - 10-10-2016

(10-10-2016, 06:12 AM)Kurt S. Wrote: Omaigadomaigadomaigad

RPers on the same half of the planet as meeee

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

Would like to know active it is during evenings though.

A singaporeannnnnnn or someone in the exact same timezone as me. Yaaaaasssssssss. I'm sorry, two years of empty searching..yeah...

At the time of sending this reply (9:25PM AEDT), 8 people on the server total, 6 people listed online in FFXIV.