Hydaelyn Role-Players
7th Annual Full Cold Moon Gala - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: 7th Annual Full Cold Moon Gala (/showthread.php?tid=1751)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: 7th Annual Full Cold Moon Gala - TheLastCandle - 09-08-2013

I was feeling pretty bad for missing this. Wow, what an insane turnout! Just insane. At least now we can expect such a thing and plan accordingly. I don't envy anyone attempting to manage something so large.

RE: 7th Annual Full Cold Moon Gala - K'nahli - 09-08-2013

I wasn't expecting many at all, not even twenty. I nearly died from the laughter though when someone attacked a tree and ran through the line in attempts to escape or get help only to get everyone smacked and some killed ;;

RE: 7th Annual Full Cold Moon Gala - K'tahrl - 09-08-2013

Here is the images I took while I was busy toiling about in the quite hectic Gala.

Show Content

A majority of the images were mainly just my sheer awe at the numbers that we were seeing. To the point that eventually people standing next to me were disappearing to try and handle everything. 

All the same I had a blast despite the hiccups and what have you.  I was just happy to see such a large turnout after its all said and done.  So many people wanted to be a part of it that I know this community is where I want to stay.

RE: 7th Annual Full Cold Moon Gala - Asyria - 09-08-2013

I ended up gaming pen & paper style...
Just as well, I can't handle events that huge. ^^:
Still awesome how it seems to have turned out!

RE: 7th Annual Full Cold Moon Gala - Martiallais - 09-08-2013

Just popping in to say I had a great time, despite how crazy it was (on the helper/guard end of things)! I'm sorry I didn't get to meet and talk with a -whole- lot of people, but hopefully at least it set the stage for 'Didn't I see you at the Gala?' type meetings and RP down the road with you folks. Big Grin

RE: 7th Annual Full Cold Moon Gala - Myxie Tryxle - 09-08-2013

Thanks to everyone who organized and supported the Gala event. I had a lot of fun RPing yesterday and seeing the dance competition and shows. Looking forward to the next one!

RE: 7th Annual Full Cold Moon Gala - LandStander - 09-08-2013

Despite the Ixali and rain ruining Denn's fancy outfit, I had a lot of fun. Thanks for throwing it Big Grin!

RE: 7th Annual Full Cold Moon Gala - Blue - 09-08-2013

(09-07-2013, 11:01 PM)Nebbs Wrote: Some shots I took

[Image: f74255f7-9459-4ff8-b9ea-7f3d3d78ab94_zps2828c93d.jpg]
I'm the black-cloaked miqo'te at the center of this picture <3! XD

RE: 7th Annual Full Cold Moon Gala - AdmiralSnackbar - 09-09-2013

(09-08-2013, 01:25 AM)Solkasha Blynfyrsyn Wrote: I must say - it was fantastic.  While at the beginning there was a huge amount of people; that was good.

While waiting on the "do not have a group" crowd, I ran into a gentleman by the name of Tausenadel Geispyrysn, who through an emote of giving him the shake down, he introduced himself we hit it off smashingly.  From there, we parted ways when tables were called, but quickly met back up and had a grand adventure of traveling throughout the town looking for booze.

When we were about to give up, we caught sight of two young women who, after a dagger throwing display, showed they may know where the alcohol was.  One was a little overwhelmed - but the second gave us just what we needed.  It was a magical moment of a bunch of strangers, doing strange things, playing strange games with strange ideas of strangeness!

I congratulate everyone who put the effort into doing what they needed to do.  I did not volunteer for anything, but I can say that any craziness that may of happened behind the scenes was hidden from me and did nothing to ruin the atmosphere or the joy of walking up to people and pretending I knew them - just to get a "natural reaction."

If you were turned off by the numbers or by the confusion, you missed out!  Do not be afraid of the chaos - for in chaos you find order!

In closing, thanks to Makayla for being our character's savio(u)r and closure to a grand adventure of two men just trying to get a drink!

Hope to see more of these: small, large, and everything in-between.

You, my good sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. Hopefully the first of many adventures with you! Had a ton of fun!

I had an absolute BLAST. Thank you to everyone who set this up, stuck it out and stayed the course. I've never seen anything like it and have dozens of screenshots to commemorate it. You're all fantastic! The Improv Group was especially wonderful. Great job!