Hydaelyn Role-Players
7th Annual Full Cold Moon Gala - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: 7th Annual Full Cold Moon Gala (/showthread.php?tid=1751)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: 7th Annual Full Cold Moon Gala - Aysun - 06-23-2013

(06-23-2013, 12:35 AM)ArmachiA Wrote: So there is no consensus on when the time skippers come back in the RPC? In my guild, we have it set that Time Skippers begin coming back in Phase 4, so I'm just making sure there isn't a set guideline I should be following or if there is what is it XD

Can't really, since some people started RPing that they'd returned months ago. Basically I assume that we all appeared back at the same time, but the continuity is just a little off... I don't think people will go into that much detail though.

Smile and nod. Tongue

RE: 7th Annual Full Cold Moon Gala - Rhio - 06-23-2013

(06-23-2013, 12:35 AM)ArmachiA Wrote: So there is no consensus on when the time skippers come back in the RPC? In my guild, we have it set that Time Skippers begin coming back in Phase 4, so I'm just making sure there isn't a set guideline I should be following or if there is what is it XD

I think the consensus is akin to time travel in City of Heroes.

After the game shut down, several of the developers got together to answer a whole lot of dangling lore mysteries, and one of the questions asked was about what canonical methods of time travel existed in the game's lore. The developers responded with a list of about seven options, with the seventh being "whatever form your character used for their background."

In other words, your character came back from the timeskip when you say your character came back from the timeskip, and if the continuity gets wonky, time travel. Timey-wimey stuff. You get the idea.

RE: 7th Annual Full Cold Moon Gala - Laughmaker - 06-23-2013

This sounds glorious! Expect the smitty to show up. Now to find a pesky mask...

RE: 7th Annual Full Cold Moon Gala - Moonfire - 06-23-2013

This whole party system of RPing seems weird to me. I understand that you want to keep things limited to avoid chat spam. I want to try this new approach but I need some pointers. And have some questions.
What if there is an odd number of people?
How do you tell if someone is in a conversation?
Can you still use emotes?
Can you approach a couple that are in one on one to get into their conversation?
How do you do introductions? Publicly or one on one?

RE: 7th Annual Full Cold Moon Gala - Varus - 06-23-2013

(06-23-2013, 01:57 PM)Moonfire Wrote: This whole party system of RPing seems weird to me. I understand that you want to keep things limited to avoid chat spam. I want to try this new approach but I need some pointers. And have some questions.
What if there is an odd number of people?
How do you tell if someone is in a conversation?
Can you still use emotes?
Can you approach a couple that are in one on one to get into their conversation?
How do you do introductions? Publicly or one on one?

One of the sure fire signs of people RPing in party chat: if the players are emoting at each other with seeming relevance. 

Another: if they are targeting each other.

Yet one more: If they have stood still for awhile. (Typing and moving is difficult!)

RE: 7th Annual Full Cold Moon Gala - Kylin - 06-23-2013

Updated the original post with more info and a fancy new flier! Also put in a projected date, though this could EASILY end up changing. This is purely based on the projection of the beta testing phases and should for now be treated as a placeholder.

In regards to the party RP, please remember that this is only for the first portion of the event. The second half will allow for complete mobility and freedom. The reason this is being done is to allow a chance for more intimate RP between small groups (and no, not that kind of "intimate" you pervs!). Large RP gatherings can make it very difficult for people to mingle on any meaningful level. This is especially true for those who are somewhat reserved OOCly. The initial party system will allow smaller groups to interact with one another in a much more meaningful and intimate way. I've found in my many 1.0 events that dividing a large group into smaller groups can be extremely effective in making one's RP experience much more memorable.

Quote:What if there is an odd number of people?
This won't be an issue. The tables do not need to be even nor do they have to seat the exact same number as every other table. The bigger problem will be whether there will be enough seats. But I've taken that into account for the most part now.

Quote:How do you tell if someone is in a conversation?
Due to the way this is being set up, you will likely be too busy in your OWN conversations to worry about other tables right away ^^

Quote:Can you still use emotes?
Absolutely. Someone from Table A may not be able to overhear someone from Table B. But seeing their actions is another thing completely. In addition, should it get rowdy between some, there is nothing wrong with /say or /yell to make the scene more powerful. However, most will be urged to stay in /party for the first half of the event.

Quote:Can you approach a couple that are in one on one to get into their conversation?
Since you will be at your own table with your own randomized group, this won't really apply. Those with specialized roles in the event (such as hired guards) will have a tad more freedom for the first half of the event than regular attendees though. That said, one can get up and roam if they want. But it's not encouraged until the second half of the event.

Quote:How do you do introductions? Publicly or one on one?
For the first half of the event, you'll only need to "introduce" yourself to your fellow table members. This can be done however one pleases of course.

RE: 7th Annual Full Cold Moon Gala - Rhostel - 06-23-2013

(06-23-2013, 07:24 PM)Kylin Wrote: Those with specialized roles in the event (such as hired guards)

Heyo! You're still up for having Rhostel as a guard, right? I'll be making a temporary version of her, levelling up to ~15 to get a solid suit of armour and unlock airship travel/dyes for RP during open beta, until I can update her 1.0 incarnation.

RE: 7th Annual Full Cold Moon Gala - Desphiria - 06-23-2013

I have a question, where would we get masks and formal wear from?

RE: 7th Annual Full Cold Moon Gala - Anzio - 06-23-2013

Despite crowds not being his thing, I'll likely show up on A'nzil to get back into the swing of RPing.

RE: 7th Annual Full Cold Moon Gala - Deirdre - 06-23-2013

(06-23-2013, 08:38 PM)Desphiria Wrote: I have a question, where would we get masks and formal wear from?

We probably won't have access to this kind of thing in game yet so we're going to have to use our imaginations. A few of the artists in the community are devising a fix for this, so hang on for now Wink

RE: 7th Annual Full Cold Moon Gala - Desphiria - 06-23-2013

Okay, thankies Deirdre.

RE: 7th Annual Full Cold Moon Gala - Rhostel - 06-23-2013

At the very least, there is a wooden mask available to all Gridanian characters through their early main story quests, and some others that can be crafted by Carpenters.

RE: 7th Annual Full Cold Moon Gala - K'tahrl - 06-23-2013

Mask-wise, though it isn't the best possible fit, there are dungeon gear that are mask-esque
Show Content
I also have another mask that covers the top half of the face and has a turban-like top that I didn't get a chance to screen cap.  There are options, however minor they are atm.

RE: 7th Annual Full Cold Moon Gala - Lizzo - 06-23-2013

I'm assuming this is supposed to be some form of ball? I believe I saw someone had even drawn up a dress for the event. Are dresses and other formal clothing in the game (and, if so, are we expected to wear such for the event)?

RE: 7th Annual Full Cold Moon Gala - Kylin - 06-23-2013

(06-23-2013, 07:47 PM)Rhostel Wrote: Heyo! You're still up for having Rhostel as a guard, right? I'll be making a temporary version of her, levelling up to ~15 to get a solid suit of armour and unlock airship travel/dyes for RP during open beta, until I can update her 1.0 incarnation.

Yup~ I had a list of people I already interacted with IC back in a previous phase, but I lost it >.>. But I do remember you volunteering!

(06-23-2013, 08:38 PM)Desphiria Wrote: I have a question, where would we get masks and formal wear from?

I did find a merchant who sells ash masks (full face) for about 400 gil or so if I remember correctly. I forget which town it was in though. I'll find the npc again before the event.

(06-23-2013, 09:45 PM)Lizzo Wrote: I'm assuming this is supposed to be some form of ball? I believe I saw someone had even drawn up a dress for the event. Are dresses and other formal clothing in the game (and, if so, are we expected to wear such for the event)?

Yes, a ball. It'll start with a dinner though first. Formal wear is encouraged, but not required. So long as someone doesn't show up in underwear/subligar, they're fine lol. "Formal" can really mean anything if you pull if off correctly. Or, as suggested above, one can use their imagination and just emote it properly for others to know (and/or include pictures!).