Hydaelyn Role-Players
I'm coming back after leaving last Christmas. But still new. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: I'm coming back after leaving last Christmas. But still new. (/showthread.php?tid=17541)

Pages: 1 2

I'm coming back after leaving last Christmas. But still new. - HonestLeaf - 10-20-2016

Wow that subject sounded self-righteous or something, anyway, it's late at night here and my sleeping pattern is non-existent but I thought I'd give FF XIV a go again since my decisions are weighted on how bored I am. Er. 

I want to RP because hands down still the most gorgeous MMO out there next to ESO for me, which I also play! I'm trying to be friendly here, dang. 

Hi. Want to show a newbie where RP is?

RE: I'm coming back after leaving last Christmas. But still new. - Kirakira - 10-20-2016

I can only really speak a little bit about Balmung as I'm still pretty new (t)here, especially when it comes to RP. I have seen it almost everywhere, though. Good place to find it is the Quicksand, or even just Ul'dah in general. Seems like a great bunch of folks, and I'm happy I made the transfer.

RE: I'm coming back after leaving last Christmas. But still new. - HonestLeaf - 10-20-2016

Awesome, my characters are on Gilgamesh but I really want to make an Au Ra... horns immediately make me excited and giddy.

But a question, how the frak do I say that name? Numunu... no, Nu... something. Tongue

RE: I'm coming back after leaving last Christmas. But still new. - Kirakira - 10-20-2016

You should make one, then! You should feel giddy and excited (as long as no one gets hurt)! Have a great time and do what makes you happy!

And it's like Noo-moo-moo. Smile

RE: I'm coming back after leaving last Christmas. But still new. - Thunderbolt300 - 10-20-2016

Welcome to Balmung! Thumbsup

Other than what's been said already, hit up the Free Company, Linkshell, and Making Connections forums here on the RPC. There's a wealth of stuff out there just waiting for you!

RE: I'm coming back after leaving last Christmas. But still new. - HonestLeaf - 10-20-2016

Game is still downloading, well, Heavensward is. That's kinda how new I'm gonna be - I'll try not to lacerate anyone with the horns... promise. 

Any tips going forward? Chocobo

Because I forgot to add I don't know what a linkshell really is, and FC's are guilds so that's cool.

Linkshells are community groups that can communicate with each other through their own special chat. Similar to FC chat, I'd say. You can meet some really cool people on those and I'd recommend them as well.

RE: I'm coming back after leaving last Christmas. But still new. - Thunderbolt300 - 10-20-2016

I'd also add that Linkshells are akin to custom chat channels in other MMORPG's, only they have a semi-guild-like structure with a master and leaders to moderate. There are Linkshells for pretty much anything. For example, I'm in a Linkshell called ShroudLife which is for a bunch of Miqo'te who do roaming RP generally around the Shroud (go figure- you can find the post for it here!). Your mileage will vary somewhat, just the same with FC's, only you can join up to 8 Linkshells at a time (I think- it's something like that).

You're in for a hell of a treat with Heavensward. I picked up the game about 2 months ago to pull through the last of the end of 2.0 content and recently moved into post-3.0 content. To call it an amazing journey would be an understatement! And that's nothing to say for the optional side quests like the Hildibrand questline which has had me in stitches more than a few times (it's a good questline for some hilarity to break up the often times heavy-handed nature of the main storyline). 

You got a lot to look forward to and it'll be like drinking from a firehose... but it's worth it! Laugh

Be awesome if they change these world restrictions. Spend 4 hours getting the game and stuff then make my character aaaaaaaaand I can't make her on Balmung. It's just so random.

Thank you,Thunder, for having my back and adding that in.

And yeah, it's tricky to get on here. I just transferred my character from Famfrit. I've heard some people had luck saving their appearance data and finishing the process early in the morning (like 3-4a). A transfer is guaranteed, though, but you would have to pay.

RE: I'm coming back after leaving last Christmas. But still new. - Gegenji - 10-20-2016

(10-20-2016, 09:58 PM)HonestLeaf Wrote: Be awesome if they change these world restrictions. Spend 4 hours getting the game and stuff then make my character aaaaaaaaand I can't make her on Balmung. It's just so random.

Yeah, that's a given. Balmung is basically perma-locked due to the sheer number of people on it. Unfortunately, the best option if you want in is as Kirakira said - paying for a server transfer. However, if you do decide to go that route, do keep in mind that you can move any number of characters from that one server to another. So if you made 8 characters on... Cactuar, for example... the paid transfer would let you bring them all over for a single cost (as long as they meet the requirements).

(10-20-2016, 10:13 PM)Kirakira Wrote: Thank you,Thunder, for having my back and adding that in.

And yeah, it's tricky to get on here. I just transferred my character from Famfrit. I've heard some people had luck saving their appearance data and finishing the process early in the morning (like 3-4a). A transfer is guaranteed, though, but you would have to pay.

Kira's got the right of it! It's $18 but it's worth every penny. I did this same dance those few months ago. No regrets, even just to move Kasi over. The window to get onto Balmung is pretty much gone these days though. I think paying is the only real option now...

RE: I'm coming back after leaving last Christmas. But still new. - HonestLeaf - 10-21-2016

I didn't fall asleep just been busy trying to get used to the game again- did world transfer and all that, looking forward to RP with you!

RE: I'm coming back after leaving last Christmas. But still new. - Kirakira - 10-21-2016

Welcome to Balmung! See you around! Big Grin

RE: I'm coming back after leaving last Christmas. But still new. - SicketySix - 10-21-2016

Hey HonestLeaf, welcome to the server!

If you happen to see one of my characters U'khoa Ohhbi or Savona Drake feel free to say hi, or simply ask about whatever question you may have about the game!