Hydaelyn Role-Players
Greetings, I am quite new. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Greetings, I am quite new. (/showthread.php?tid=1755)

Pages: 1 2

Greetings, I am quite new. - CassandraJean - 03-01-2013

Hello, My name is Cassandra Jean.
I am not entirely new to RP, but I am new to it in this setting so this will be a big learning experience for me, (please and thank you for your patience!) I never know how to introduce myself so here it goes.

--MMORPG background
I have previously played FFXI (and tootled around in Ragnarok Online back in the day). But I have not yet played FFXIV! So A Realm Reborn will be my first experience with the game. Which I knew makes me a serious newbie, but I'm very excited about it and I am doing my best to research everything I've missed out on by not playing FFXIV 1.0 ... so.. again, I'm sorry and thank you for your patience as I learn! 

--RP experience
As I mentioned above I am not new to RP, but up until now I have done predominantly 1-on-1 RPing, and this will be my first time actually attempting it in a video game setting online with so many other RP-ers around, so I'm both excited and nervous!

--Character ideas/info
He is still a work in progress, but the character I plan to create in FFXIV:ARR is a male Miqo'te. A warrior. I have drawn him several times to help me work out his personality. But he is certainly a moody bugger, since he keeps coming out on paper with an attitude problem. 

[Image: tumblr_mimk7kxQKY1qck31zo1_1280.jpg]

--What king of a role-player are you aiming to be?
Like I said, I'm new to this type of RP, so I don't know yet! Light to Medium?

--Anything from real life you are comfortable with sharing?
I am an illustrator. I take both freelance work and also illustrate comics for Yen Press. http://cassandrajp.tumblr.com/
Again, my apologies for any ignorance on my part, but I am working hard to learn what I can before the ARR release!
 [Image: tumblr_misc2tEe241qck31zo1_1280.jpg]

RE: Greetings, I am quite new. - Xenedra - 03-01-2013

Welcome to the RPC! I like your work! You might wanna nose your way over into the artists' section, if you're interested. We have a fair amount of talent here as well. Hopefully you'll find us to be a helpful group. Many newer members have question threads they've started, so feel free to follow suite if you think that might help you :>

RE: Greetings, I am quite new. - allgivenover - 03-01-2013

A lot of talented people showing up here. /welcome

RE: Greetings, I am quite new. - Knave - 03-01-2013

Welcome! 8D I look forward to seeing more of your work and RPing with you~!

RE: Greetings, I am quite new. - Nako Vesh - 03-01-2013

Welcome! Your Miqo'te looks like a fun character!

RE: Greetings, I am quite new. - Merri - 03-01-2013

Welcome to the RPC!

Good to have you. Cactuar

RE: Greetings, I am quite new. - Weffrey - 03-01-2013

Welcome! Ask any questions you wish for sure. The people here are very helpful!

RE: Greetings, I am quite new. - Vareal - 03-02-2013

Welcome to our humble abode! Love the artwork! I feel a little outclassed by all the artists flowing around here as I can't draw. xD

RE: Greetings, I am quite new. - Gossamer - 03-02-2013

Hi and welcome! Your Miqo'te sounds like he'll be a fun character. Smile

RE: Greetings, I am quite new. - Olofantur - 03-02-2013

Welcome to the Coalition Cassandra, I hope to see you in Eorzea, please feel free to ask questions.

RE: Greetings, I am quite new. - Yssen - 03-02-2013

Willkommen. Willkommen. Fire away with questions, we are a friendly and helpful bunch. Look forward to seeing you in zee game.

RE: Greetings, I am quite new. - CassandraJean - 03-02-2013

(03-01-2013, 11:17 PM)Xenedra Wrote: Welcome to the RPC! I like your work! You might wanna nose your way over into the artists' section, if you're interested. We have a fair amount of talent here as well. Hopefully you'll find us to be a helpful group. Many newer members have question threads they've started, so feel free to follow suite if you think that might help you :>
Thank you! I have definitely poked around that section (and all the others) trying to familiarize myself with the place. Everyone seems so friendly it's helping me feel less shy.

(03-01-2013, 11:22 PM)allgivenover Wrote: A lot of talented people showing up here. /welcome
Thanks! Greatly appreciated~!

(03-01-2013, 11:35 PM)Knave Wrote: Welcome! 8D I look forward to seeing more of your work and RPing with you~!
I will definitely be drawing more of my miqo'te, and others too! This should be a blast, thank you for the warm welcome.

(03-01-2013, 11:41 PM)Nako Vesh Wrote: Welcome! Your Miqo'te looks like a fun character!
It's nice to be here! I will post more about him at another time, and I'm interested to read more about what kinds of characters y'all have created too.

(03-01-2013, 11:43 PM)Merri Wrote: Welcome to the RPC!
Good to have you. Cactuar
Well it's good to be here! And you have such a nice picture of your character there... aah it's so nice to see the characters "in the flesh" so to speak!

(03-01-2013, 11:45 PM)Weffrey Wrote: Welcome! Ask any questions you wish for sure. The people here are very helpful!
Everyone here IS very helpful and welcoming, it's way less intimidating than I originally thought. Thank you!

(03-02-2013, 12:23 AM)Vareal Wrote: Welcome to our humble abode! Love the artwork! I feel a little outclassed by all the artists flowing around here as I can't draw. xD
Hey! There are all kind of talents and just because drawing isn't one of yours, doesn't mean you aren't talented in other great ways! I look forward to seeing your archer around the continent!

(03-02-2013, 12:28 AM)Gossamer Wrote: Hi and welcome! Your Miqo'te sounds like he'll be a fun character. Smile
Thank you! And I hope that he proves to be fun (if grumpy) to interact with.

(03-02-2013, 01:45 AM)Olofantur Wrote: Welcome to the Coalition Cassandra, I hope to see you in Eorzea, please feel free to ask questions.
Thank you, it will be an absolute pleasure to see you guys around the game. I'm absolutely itching for this game's release!

(03-02-2013, 04:03 AM)Yssen Wrote: Willkommen. Willkommen. Fire away with questions, we are a friendly and helpful bunch. Look forward to seeing you in zee game.
Everyone does seem incredibly friendly and helpful, it's a relief, since I was worried about that elitist mentality. (You know, the people who played since the beginning looking down on newcomers or something.) So this is wonderful! Thank you everyone!

RE: Greetings, I am quite new. - Kassandra Dawn - 03-02-2013

Welcome Cassandra!

awesome name Big Grin

RE: Greetings, I am quite new. - Fearless - 03-02-2013

Kass lies! She secretly want to nom your head off for stealing her name.  I suggest you start wearing a helmet and welcome.

RE: Greetings, I am quite new. - Kassandra Dawn - 03-02-2013

I didn't want to nom his head off, that sounds kinky.

I did however mention there could only be one. but you're a boy so you're safe.