Hydaelyn Role-Players
Looking for fellow Monster Hunters and monster hunting lore that can be provided. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: Looking for fellow Monster Hunters and monster hunting lore that can be provided. (/showthread.php?tid=17634)

Looking for fellow Monster Hunters and monster hunting lore that can be provided. - Gideon Aryeh - 11-03-2016

My character Gideon Aryeh is looking to have more Monster Hunters on his contact list to hang out with. At one time there were lots of monster hunting Free Companies that actively roleplayed and it would be kind of cool to have more monster hunting themed rp.

So I'm making this post as a way to hook up with fellow Monster Hunters for those who are interested. If I get enough interest I'm even willing to eventually create an actual RP-Hunt Linkshell (that works like an actual Hunt LS) as well as have rp events, drinking nights, organized hunts, etc to go along with this. I'd also love to get my hands on any monster hunting lore from the lore book or anything that anyone can muster up for this thread including lore on the hunt scholars and the like.

Anything Monster Hunting related drop it here and hello to my fellow Monster Hunters! This includes any lore on the bulletin board hunts in Ishgard! It would be very cool to be able to have an entire sub culture based on living the life of a Monster Hunter!

I'm also looking to join any pre existing monster hunter based rp linkshells!

RE: Looking for fellow Monster Hunters and monster hunting lore that can be provided. - KoharuIyashi - 11-03-2016

I know the "Queen's Gambit" is an fc of monster hunters. I was a member in the fc for a while and they were really fun to RP with. Try giving them a poke. Big Grin

RE: Looking for fellow Monster Hunters and monster hunting lore that can be provided. - Sounsyy - 11-03-2016

(11-03-2016, 09:32 AM)Gideon Aryeh Wrote: My character Gideon Aryeh is looking to have more Monster Hunters on his contact list to hang out with. At one time there were lots of monster hunting Free Companies that actively roleplayed and it would be kind of cool to have more monster hunting themed rp.

Well, if you're a die-hard monster hunter, you should definitely sign up for the Festival of the Hunt! If nothing else, you'll be getting a lot of exposure to other monster hunters.

As for Free Companies, I can recommend Gold & Glory Hunter's Guild. Feel free to check them out~

(11-03-2016, 09:32 AM)Gideon Aryeh Wrote: I'd also love to get my hands on any monster hunting lore from the lore book or anything that anyone can muster up for this thread including lore on the hunt scholars and the like.

"Only when a creature grows more cunning, more aggressive, more deadly than its brethren is it worthy of a name."
—Frandelont Raimdelle

Encyclopedia Eorzea Wrote:Renowned Sixth Astral Era naturalist and theologian, Frandelont Raimdelle, once opined that for a man to know himself, he must first know of that which he hunts. To assist in that spiritual endeavor, the self-made scholar spent the better part of his fifty-seven summers traveling about Eorzea, cataloging each and every plant, mineral, and animal he encountered. With his seminal Raimdelle Codex, Frandelont sought not only to educate the peoples of Eorzea, but remind them just how rich and diverse the realm truly is.

Sharlayan scholars of natural history have since taken Raimdelle's magnum opus and expanded upon its writings, categorizing its thousands of entries in an effort to better understand the physiology, behavior, relationships, and evolution of the myriad flora and fauna found in Eorzea. The Sharlayans began by classifying all creatures living or exhibiting properties that resemble or mimic life into three kingdoms (also known as regnum) - the Bloodborn, or those living beings through which lifeblood courses, the Bloodless, or those beings which are void of life-bearing humours, but still function nonetheless, and the Transcendents, or beings which spiritually and physically toe the line between the corporeal and the aetherial realms. These three classifications can be further divided into twelve smaller groups known as classes, or kindred. Creatures may also be assigned a sub-class if they possess traits that extend beyond that exhibited by their main class. For example, a winged scalekin puk would belong to the sub-class cloudkin. Classes are further divided into genera, and finally genera into species.

Hunt Billmaster Wrote:There are two kinds of bills. The kind for regular marks and the kind for elite marks. The second of these are the more notorious sort. Before you go after one of them, I recommend you consult a hunter-scholar. These people are veterans of the Hunt who can recite the Raimdelle Codex by heart.

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Hope this helps! ^^

RE: Looking for fellow Monster Hunters and monster hunting lore that can be provided. - Gideon Aryeh - 11-03-2016

Great information thank you so much!

RE: Looking for fellow Monster Hunters and monster hunting lore that can be provided. - Sounsyy - 11-06-2016

As promised, updating with Notorious Monsters found in F.A.T.E.s! As a note, what's listed below are not all of the fates, or even all of the Notorious Monster fates. I tried to narrow down the list to true "notorious monsters" taking out several Spoken bosses, important dragon figures, and many of the Azys Lla machina that qualified under the fate tag. Most of these are what might reasonably show up on a Hunt Board similar to the official Hunts above. Happy hunting!

Show Content