Hydaelyn Role-Players
SE Posts More Lore - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: SE Posts More Lore (/showthread.php?tid=1777)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: SE Posts More Lore - allgivenover - 03-12-2013

Kylin is right. Considering how mixed all of the races have become throughout the city states it wouldn't exactly be unheard of to have a name that doesn't closely follow traditional conventions.

In fact I can see many Miqote distancing themselves by going out of their way to take on a non traditional name.

RE: SE Posts More Lore - Kassandra Dawn - 03-12-2013

yea....Kass's name....all wrong. oops

RE: SE Posts More Lore - Vareal - 03-12-2013

(03-12-2013, 08:20 AM)Alothia Wrote: Oi, my name is all wrong! *cries*

Your name is all wrong? lol, I'm sure they've never even heard the name Isaac xD
(stupid Dead Space, gettin' me to like a name that has nothing to do with the games lore!)

RE: SE Posts More Lore - Drakar - 03-12-2013

As I'm yet to ever play this game, I'm very happy about these news. It means I'll be able to get it right from the start - even if my main toon is from the empire. But they have roman-latin names with dutch surnames so that's easy to fit at lore as well. o/

I want to play so baaaaaaaaaaaadly.

Can't wait for the digital download release.

RE: SE Posts More Lore - Deirdre - 03-12-2013

I'm actually super jealous of people just starting now, you guys are going to get so much info that we never did~

I guess Deirdre's name still kind of fits. I suppose.

RE: SE Posts More Lore - allgivenover - 03-12-2013

I kinda've had a false start a long while ago, but I only really hovered around group RP once or twice. When it became certain that male Miqo'te were on the way I abandoned all RP and decided to wait for ARR.

Needless to say I'm very excited to finally get SOMETHING to go on. I must've sat down to work on a back story several times now only to inevitably come to the conclusion that we just don't know enough about them to write one without risking a huge ret-con.

RE: SE Posts More Lore - Zenge - 03-12-2013

I most likely keep Zenge and Relani the same Tongue

RE: SE Posts More Lore - Anzio - 03-12-2013

(03-12-2013, 08:46 AM)Eiri Wrote: I can't even begin with how wrong K'aworu's /entire/ name apparently is, lol. But it's kind of fun either way.

I'm not sure if I'll rename or rework his name according to this new lore or not. What about you guys?

I will attempt to tweak Anzil's name, but given his origins, I am not sure he would even be named after normal conventions to begin with.

RE: SE Posts More Lore - CassandraJean - 03-12-2013

I had a brief "Oh no!" moment when I saw the naming conventions, until I read over them properly and realized that, luckily, my character's name works out perfectly, I simply have to add an apostrophe. I hope they allow us to use apostrophes in game while naming our characters.

RE: SE Posts More Lore - Rhio - 03-12-2013

(03-12-2013, 08:20 AM)Alothia Wrote: Oi, my name is all wrong! *cries*

Eh, there's always a way around it. Mtoto's method, for instance. Or in Rhio's case, the fact that her family has been in Ul'dah for a long while and just dropped normal Miqo'te naming conventions in favor of ones that other Ul'dahns would understand.

My own name doesn't follow French conventions, but no one seems to question my heritage.

RE: SE Posts More Lore - Gerik - 03-12-2013

(03-12-2013, 05:15 PM)CassandraJean Wrote: I had a brief "Oh no!" moment when I saw the naming conventions, until I read over them properly and realized that, luckily, my character's name works out perfectly, I simply have to add an apostrophe. I hope they allow us to use apostrophes in game while naming our characters.
They probably will, I should think : D

RE: SE Posts More Lore - Aysun - 03-12-2013

Considering what little we had to work with (as in.. basically nothing but NPC names in game) I think we all did pretty damn good. Smile No idea what I'm gonna do. Yay for little retcons me thinks!

RE: SE Posts More Lore - Deirdre - 03-12-2013

(03-12-2013, 05:15 PM)CassandraJean Wrote: I had a brief "Oh no!" moment when I saw the naming conventions, until I read over them properly and realized that, luckily, my character's name works out perfectly, I simply have to add an apostrophe. I hope they allow us to use apostrophes in game while naming our characters.

I don't think you need to worry >.> *nudge*

Deirdre has always had an apostrophe in her last name people are usually considerate of that I've found ^-^

RE: SE Posts More Lore - Nako Vesh - 03-12-2013

Oh, my goodness. I'm loving this lore. A glimpse into Miqo'te culture! Also, pleased "Nako Vesh" seems to fit within the Keepers' naming conventions. Moogle

RE: SE Posts More Lore - CassandraJean - 03-12-2013

(03-12-2013, 08:35 PM)Deirdre Wrote: I don't think you need to worry >.> *nudge*

Deirdre has always had an apostrophe in her last name people are usually considerate of that I've found ^-^

Excellent! I just wasn't certain since you know how sometimes certain characters aren't allowed in a name. But I figured they should, since they themselves have made apostrophes canon for their world.