Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hello! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hello! (/showthread.php?tid=17824)

Hello! - Placidia - 12-01-2016

Hello! I am a new FFXIV player here and just started getting into the game about a week ago. After signing up, I wanted to see if there were any roleplaying servers and communities revolving around that one, and I am happy to have found this one. I recently moved myself over to Balmung, as I noticed is the de-facto RP server for FFXIV, and many of you are there as well. I hope to see you in game and make some friends here along the way! If you ever want to chat, feel free to send me a message here or in-game as well. Big Grin

--MMORPG background
Played WoW since late vanilla early B.C. Stopped playing regularly around Cataclysm.

--RP experience
A decent amount of both public and private RP in WoW, tabletop RP, as well as general online RPing.

--Character ideas/info
Fleshing this out still. ^^

Name: Placidia Astralia

Race: Hyur

Description: Average height Hyur midlander. She has short, unkempt white hair and blue eyes. She has an athletic runner’s build, as she does a decent amount of traveling on foot. Skin is slightly tanned from the sun during her travels as well.

At-a-glance bio: Judging by her appearance, Placidia seems to be a nomad of sorts, or at least someone who does a lot of traveling. Inside those eyes you can sense an independent spirit and self determination from someone who appears to be some kind of road warrior. She gives you a soft, reassuring smile, despite having not exchanged any words. Perhaps she is looking for traveling companions, or maybe wants to settle down after a tiring adventure. Regardless of what her purpose or story is, you can't help but notice her standout outside of the average traveler.

--How did you learn about the coalition?

Good old Google. First thing I could find for a FFXIV roleplaying community to help me understand the ins and outs.

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

Probably a mix between medium and heavy. I try to keep myself in character as much as possible, especially around city hubs. If I am approached by somebody, unless told otherwise, I'll generally reply IC.

--Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)

I am an avid reader and writer hobbyist. I also enjoy art like drawing, modeling and painting.

Will talk for hours about trippy music.

=========================
Thanks for reading! I hope to meet plenty of nice people during my stay here.

RE: Hello! - Thunderbolt300 - 12-01-2016

Hey there, and welcome aboard to Balmung! Thumbsup

Sounds like you've got a pretty good start on your character already- sounds fantastic! If your character favors nomadic traveling often, you might want to look into ShroudLife (link in the signature) as a means to connect with other similar characters. The linkshell focuses on roaming RP in the world and features a lot of wilderness survivalist characters and traders, so you may be able to discover a good number of connections there. 

Beyond that, you're certainly welcome to run into Kasi!

RE: Hello! - Faye - 12-01-2016

Hello there, welcome to Balmung! Big Grin

RE: Hello! - Sileas Bishop - 12-01-2016

Hey! Welcome to the game! Big Grin There's plenty of really great people around in this community so there's definitely no shortage of that! I'll be sure to keep an eye out for you in game, but I'm usually on Sileas Bishop if you ever want to give me a poke as well!

RE: Hello! - Aya - 12-01-2016

Welcome to Balmung and to the RPC! Smile