Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Discussion] Your thoughts on jump potions? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: [Discussion] Your thoughts on jump potions? (/showthread.php?tid=17831)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Your thoughts on jump potions? - Literal-Ghost - 05-24-2017

(05-24-2017, 12:43 AM)LetsGoKaito Wrote: I think that for an alt, it's nothing I have an issue with. My issue comes from any new player that jumps to 60 on a job they have no clue how to use. That's already enough of an issue with FATE or PotD, but for somebody to just pay their way to 60 on their first job ever....its terrifying ^^"

What if there was some kind of trial you had to do if you used a jump potion, similar to The Smith's tutorials?

I could definitely see jump potions being an attractive alternative to a new player who wants to do content with friends, but doesn't want to sink a month+ into getting their character through MSQ for that. Older content feels like almost an entirely different game than 3.0 and onward, and even with some efforts to streamline the MSQ a little more, there are periods where it just drags and not a lot of very interesting things happen that may keep some new players interested in continuing their subscription. That stretch of level 50 quests at the end of 2.0 is especially arduous...

RE: Your thoughts on jump potions? - LetsGoKaito - 05-24-2017

(05-24-2017, 01:37 AM)Literal-Ghost Wrote:
(05-24-2017, 12:43 AM)LetsGoKaito Wrote: I think that for an alt, it's nothing I have an issue with. My issue comes from any new player that jumps to 60 on a job they have no clue how to use. That's already enough of an issue with FATE or PotD, but for somebody to just pay their way to 60 on their first job ever....its terrifying ^^"

What if there was some kind of trial you had to do if you used a jump potion, similar to The Smith's tutorials?

I could definitely see jump potions being an attractive alternative to a new player who wants to do content with friends, but doesn't want to sink a month+ into getting their character through MSQ for that. Older content feels like almost an entirely different game than 3.0 and onward, and even with some efforts to streamline the MSQ a little more, there are periods where it just drags and not a lot of very interesting things happen that may keep some new players interested in continuing their subscription. That stretch of level 50 quests at the end of 2.0 is especially arduous...
I think that'd help a lot, or something like the novice's network, but for intermediates and useful! Like someone that is particularly good with the job that the new player purchased could be rewarded for teaching the purchaser (like gold friend chocobo feathers or something)

RE: Your thoughts on jump potions? - Jean L - 05-25-2017

I have an Elezen I want to throw into Ishgard ASAP and very little motivation to redo 2.x MSQ.
Needless to say, yes, I'm pretty excited for this feature so I can finally play around with him and re-experience 3.x since doing it twice wasn't enough for me.
Won't be using the job ones since leveling up a job is for me to learn but say if I wanted to re-level something I already did on my alt or visa-versa I'd MAYBE use it. (doubtful)