Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Long term Storyline.(Vampiric. Please read before judging.) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Long term Storyline.(Vampiric. Please read before judging.) (/showthread.php?tid=17874)

Pages: 1 2

Long term Storyline.(Vampiric. Please read before judging.) - The Erebus Knight - 12-09-2016

Hello, everyone! 

I'm a writer by the name of Kyle. I've been RPing for quite sometime. It's actually what started my writing career. So, I can para-play if so require (Paragraph player) or diminish my play and make it rather small. 

However, the bottom line is this: I'm looking for someone in the Balmung server that is interested in a long term storyline. It would require remaking or simply making a new character, but I promise you, it would be worth it. 

I'm looking for females because the role is akin to a daughter-type. I don't want to come of sexist in the least, but I also don't want to hide the facts. 

I found a way to make this vampirism work. If you wish to reach me, my name on Discord is Valek#1613. Or message me on here,

If there is ANY interest in a long term roleplay with a professional writer, please get back to me. 

Much appreciated,
-Kyle

RE: Long term Storyline. - Virella - 12-09-2016

You probably want to give out some more information! What race, age ect are you looking for? Might help for folk who might be interested. Also a bit of information about your own character might entice people a bit more, unless you're going for the mysterious spiel angle, but I don't think that will get you far. In any case, best of luck!

RE: Long term Storyline. - The Erebus Knight - 12-09-2016

I appreciate the information. 

I'm sure many people know what Ark Knights are. And that vampires in Final Fantasy are rare. Far and few between. However, there are rules for vampires. They don't just burst into dust during the hours of sunlight. They are capable of (In the case of Vincent, if you wish to call him a vampire) form changing. But the actual vampires from Final Fantasy Tactics possessed a rare number of abilities that set them apart. 

Due to a lengthy storyline I am more than willing to explain to anyone who asks me in person, Valek became one of these beasts. 

Simply put: I'm looking for a character on the cusp of womanhood - whatever that age may be (Probably 18, but judging the the timeline and to be historically accurate, it could be 16. This is the player's choice. I don't care so long as your accurate to the time frame. Due to the maturity of the roleplay, playing anything under this age group is a resounding no).

The concept is simple: Valek is started to "evolve" in a state of "dark metamorphosis." He's lost bits of his humanity. To retain it, he's looking for someone worthy of the gift he harbors. This character would act as daughter and companion. 

Hope that cleared some info up.

RE: Long term Storyline. - Warren Castille - 12-09-2016

(12-09-2016, 07:00 PM)The Erebus Knight Wrote: I appreciate the information. 

I'm sure many people know what Arc Knights are.

Pride goeth before a fall.

RE: Long term Storyline. - Parvacake - 12-09-2016

Sounds like something that would be an interesting personal story line but probably not something many would be willing to do out and about in the world of FF14 since the world has its own lore that isn't exactly shared through other Final Fantasy universes like Tactics.

I'm sure you might get some interest as something to do via messages/Skype/Discord as an AU (alternate universe) or for the sake of creating a fun story. But it's not an idea that would fit well with the overall mesh of the game's lore and community.

Best of luck with finding someone to help with the story though Smile

Sorry. That was a terrible typo that was rectified almost instantly. 

However, if one looks at Elmdore in particulate, you can note his Vampiric/Blood Suck abilities.

I appreciate the information Lili, but while it doesn't quite mesh with the typical plot of Final Fantasy 14, I found a way to make it work. If you wish to reach me, my name on Discord is Valek#1613

RE: Long term Storyline. - Warren Castille - 12-09-2016

(12-09-2016, 07:08 PM)The Erebus Knight Wrote: Sorry. That was a terrible typo that was rectified almost instantly. 

However, if one looks at Elmdore in particulate, you can note his Vampiric/Blood Suck abilities.

My apologies. I wasn't pointing out your typo, I was pointing out you were making a large assumption and providing no information for those who don't in fact know what an Ark Knight is.

RE: Long term Storyline. - Parvacake - 12-09-2016

(12-09-2016, 07:08 PM)The Erebus Knight Wrote: I appreciate the information Lili, but while it doesn't quite mesh with the typical plot of Final Fantasy 14, I found a way to make it work. If you wish to reach me, my name on Discord is Valek#1613

Thank you for the offer, but I'm good! Though it might help generate more interest if you list that for others to view Smile Again, wish you luck!

Ah. I got'cha. 

Lemme explain an Ark Knight to people, then: 

An Ark comes in various shapes and sizes, but they focus on destroying every stat or piece of armor you have on you.

The Ark Knight and Arc Knight names are interchangeable (but Ark Knights are the traditional name). They are all (with one exception) generally vampires with blood suck/vampirism as their second slot. 

The exception of this, of course, is Delta whom - with the use of gameshark - uses Divine Knight powers rather than vampiric.

RE: Long term Storyline. - SicketySix - 12-09-2016

(12-09-2016, 07:11 PM)Warren Castille Wrote:
(12-09-2016, 07:08 PM)The Erebus Knight Wrote: Sorry. That was a terrible typo that was rectified almost instantly. 

My apologies. I wasn't pointing out your typo, I was pointing out you were making a large assumption and providing no information for those who don't in fact know what an Ark Knight is.

I, for example, have no idea what the hell an ark knight is!

(12-09-2016, 07:16 PM)SicketySix Wrote:
(12-09-2016, 07:11 PM)Warren Castille Wrote:

I, for example, have no idea what the hell an ark knight is!

Lol. Touche! But I just explained the class a little bit up there after it was made clear to me that I should list exactly what the hell an Ark Knight is.

RE: Long term Storyline.(Vampiric. Please read before judging.) - Faye - 12-10-2016

Can I ask why it's necessary to make/remake a character for the role rather than just inserting a pre-existing one? I'm not sure how I feel about vampires in FFXIV as anything other than a form of Voidsent because there's no precedent otherwise, but I enjoy vampires enough in general that I could see contemplating it were it not for needing to start with a blank slate of a character. The less work you are asking others to do, the more likely you are to get interest, which may be necessary with a niche idea like this.

RE: Long term Storyline.(Vampiric. Please read before judging.) - The Erebus Knight - 12-10-2016

(12-10-2016, 12:11 AM)Faye Wrote: Can I ask why it's necessary to make/remake a character for the role rather than just inserting a pre-existing one? I'm not sure how I feel about vampires in FFXIV as anything other than a form of Voidsent because there's no precedent otherwise, but I enjoy vampires enough in general that I could see contemplating it were it not for needing to start with a blank slate of a character. The less work you are asking others to do, the more likely you are to get interest, which may be necessary with a niche idea like this.

Thanks for the comment. It doesn't need to be a blank slate, come to think of it. Just hopefully, someone with a low level character. Or at least someone with a character existing with significant levels until they max a class.

RE: Long term Storyline.(Vampiric. Please read before judging.) - Seye Qhesu - 12-10-2016

(12-10-2016, 07:25 AM)The Erebus Knight Wrote:
(12-10-2016, 12:11 AM)Faye Wrote: Can I ask why it's necessary to make/remake a character for the role rather than just inserting a pre-existing one? I'm not sure how I feel about vampires in FFXIV as anything other than a form of Voidsent because there's no precedent otherwise, but I enjoy vampires enough in general that I could see contemplating it were it not for needing to start with a blank slate of a character. The less work you are asking others to do, the more likely you are to get interest, which may be necessary with a niche idea like this.

Thanks for the comment. It doesn't need to be a blank slate, come to think of it. Just hopefully, someone with a low level character. Or at least someone with a character existing with significant levels until they max a class.
I must ask as to why levels are required for roleplay. If you want to rp out training someone the character level should not matter. In this case you are looking for someone of low level which means it isn't a case of having access to certain zones.

RE: Long term Storyline.(Vampiric. Please read before judging.) - The Erebus Knight - 12-10-2016

(12-10-2016, 07:57 AM)Abelia Kir Armiger Wrote:
(12-10-2016, 07:25 AM)The Erebus Knight Wrote:

I must ask as to why levels are required for roleplay. If you want to rp out training someone the character level should not matter. In this case you are looking for someone of low level which means it isn't a case of having access to certain zones.
Truth be told, you're right. Low levels aren't required. As long as people are willing to do flashback scenes, I think it should work out perfectly.