Hydaelyn Role-Players
FF14 Benchmark Testing - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: FF14 Benchmark Testing (/showthread.php?tid=179)

Pages: 1 2 3

FF14 Benchmark Testing - foxfirestorm - 07-02-2010

So, as many know (or not know?), there was the FFIV Benchmark testing over on Nvidia's site for us to see how well out computers can hold up.
Admittedly my score surprised me, which as a 820-860.
My friend, even had worse.

However with the score under what they want which is 1000, I'm still going to play it and see what I can do option wise once in the game to make it run crystal smooth (or enough where I don't notice).
Thankfully in the test, it only hiccuped a few times, and they were so short and went so quick, that if you blinked you eyes at that point it went 'urk' you probably would have missed it.

Anyone else going to test their PCs luck, even with their scores saying, "No you can't"?
Or shall I be the only crazy person to even give it a try because I'm bullheaded like that. Wink

Re: FF14 Benchmark Testing - Olette - 07-02-2010

Although your score was low, I'm sure they'll make the actual game more flexible and suitable for computers once it does come out. Though, once you play you should make sure all applications in the background are down unless you want to lag here and there. It makes the difference.

Re: FF14 Benchmark Testing - Smiling River - 07-02-2010

My friend got a $900 laptop (not sure which one, will clarify later) and also got the score in 800's. Needless to say, both of us were disappointed. I hope he can play when the time comes, even on minimal settings.

Re: FF14 Benchmark Testing - DAISHI - 07-02-2010

I'll be installing a few hundred dollars worth video card into my computer.

Re: FF14 Benchmark Testing - foxfirestorm - 07-02-2010

Mason Wrote:My friend got a $900 laptop (not sure which one, will clarify later) and also got the score in 800's. Needless to say, both of us were disappointed. I hope he can play when the time comes, even on minimal settings.

What is sad is, my laptop is actually a 3,000k laptop using a business graphics card for my comics. Though admittedly it is about a year, two years old, and computing technology does love to change quickly. >_o

Re: FF14 Benchmark Testing - Renaise - 07-02-2010

A friend of mine who was in Alpha, scored a 750 or so on the benchmark test, but reports the Alpha ran perfectly fine for him. So, it might be worth a try for some people.

Re: FF14 Benchmark Testing - ArmachiA - 07-03-2010

I scored a 2400. I need a video card upgrade though.

I think the benchmark is a little extreme, my computer never has a problem running anything and it's saying it will only run on default setting...

Re: FF14 Benchmark Testing - Ellion Goto - 07-04-2010

My last test ran around 3200. Some of the CB crew though are getting a little higher. I'm working on reconstructing our entire CPU by building off our existing setups. My goal is 5000+ for this specific game.

Re: FF14 Benchmark Testing - Shamadconde - 07-04-2010

I've consistently gotten around 3100 to 3300. My setup is a Intel quad core 3ghz, 8 gigs of DDR2 ram, windows 7, 2 nvidia 9800 gtx in SLI on a single monitor. I'm going to upgrade the video cards but I would have to build a new computer to improve it any more.

Re: FF14 Benchmark Testing - GaelicWarlord - 07-05-2010

I got a score of 2897. Running a AMD Phenom II Quad Core 965, ATI Radeon 5850, 4 gigs of Ram (low speed), and windows 7 64 bit. Kinda suprised me actually, considering my rig is pretty top of the line, but I am running my AM3 Chipset processor on an AM2 motherboard... I'm certain once I upgrade I'll get a significant speed increase. My Ram speeds really aren't that great either. It was pretty cheap ram, haha.

Re: FF14 Benchmark Testing - Boots - 07-05-2010

I got a 1430 @ high settings and 2700-2850 on low resolution. Needless to say, I'm kind of surprised as I'm running a 3.2 ghz i5, a NVIDIA 9800 GT, and 8 gigs DDR3 on Windows 7. I was expecting slightly better. However, a guild mate mentioned that the benchmark and aplha were not friendly with hyper-threading processors (like my shiny, new i5). Hopefully, that will change with the release in September.

If not, I might have to drink the heart's blood of a software engineer at Square-Enix to quell the blood lust that will result.

Re: FF14 Benchmark Testing - GaelicWarlord - 07-05-2010

Boots Wrote:I got a 1430 @ high settings and 2700-2850 on low resolution. Needless to say, I'm kind of surprised as I'm running a 3.2 ghz i5, a NVIDIA 9800 GT, and 8 gigs DDR3 on Windows 7. I was expecting slightly better. However, a guild mate mentioned that the benchmark and aplha were not friendly with hyper-threading processors (like my shiny, new i5). Hopefully, that will change with the release in September.

If not, I might have to drink the heart's blood of a software engineer at Square-Enix to quell the blood lust that will result.

Ah, that does make sense. In that case, its likely something that S-E will optimize later, if not at release, probably shortly after. Atleast, I'm hoping as much.

Re: FF14 Benchmark Testing - ArmachiA - 07-06-2010

The bench mark and the alpha don't support dual video cards either. So if your running two and get a low score, that's why

Re: FF14 Benchmark Testing - foxfirestorm - 07-06-2010

ArmachiA Wrote:The bench mark and the alpha don't support dual video cards either. So if your running two and get a low score, that's why

My end, I think its because I use a graphics card that isn't public access.

Duo core 9000 Intel extreme processors (2.8ghz)
Windows XP Pro
2 Gigs of Ram
Nvidia Quadro FX 1600M 516 Meg with 256 dedicated

Re: FF14 Benchmark Testing - Boots - 07-06-2010

foxfirestorm Wrote:
ArmachiA Wrote:The bench mark and the alpha don't support dual video cards either. So if your running two and get a low score, that's why

My end, I think its because I use a graphics card that isn't public access.

Duo core 9000 Intel extreme processors (2.8ghz)
Windows XP Pro
2 Gigs of Ram
Nvidia Quadro FX 1600M 516 Meg with 256 dedicated

Is that a workstation video card?