Hydaelyn Role-Players
RPC Census, Part III (Allegiance-CLOSED) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: RPC Census, Part III (Allegiance-CLOSED) (/showthread.php?tid=1811)

Pages: 1 2

RPC Census, Part III (Allegiance-CLOSED) - Kylin - 03-26-2013

Part III of the census is all about city-state allegiance. Originally, this poll was going to be about character sexuality since numerous people are curious about that. However, I'm pushing that poll back due to the controversial nature of it in hopes of having a drama-free week xD. I hope to still have the poll later in the census though.

Allegiance can mean one of two things that is largely up to you. It could mean where your character resides/lives or it could mean what grand company they're allied with. In general, it's probably better to go with grand company but some may view this in a different way. So feel free to share your thoughts below regarding your character's allegiance! Again, this focuses on your main character. So what country/city-state is he/she loyal to, if any????

EDIT: There are now parts III-B and III-C in the RP Discussion section. They focus on origins and citizenship as opposed to loyalty.

RE: RPC Census, Part III (Allegiance) - Aysun - 03-26-2013

I almost think that Citizenship would be better than Allegiance. This poll will vastly under-represent Garleans in the community as most of them are no longer supportive of the Empire, and Ala Mhigans of course have nothing left to be loyal to, though they might still be fiercely proud of where they're from.

RE: RPC Census, Part III (Allegiance) - Nel Celestine - 03-26-2013

Voted None as Nel is not loyal to any of them per say.  She'll help them, but isn't loyal.

RE: RPC Census, Part III (Allegiance) - Rhio - 03-26-2013

Rhio has to go under "other." Her loyalties tend to be intensely personal rather than national, but even beyond that they're frequently ambiguous. She's from Ul'dah, she's a member of Gridania's Grand Company, she was trained around Ishgard, she has worked with (although not precisely for) the Empire, and she avoids making any statements that could be construed as actually nailing down a specific affiliation.

However, "none" implies that she's not loyal, which isn't the case. She just tends to keep her loyalties on a complicated and sliding system. She is decidedly loyal to Eorzea, but she isn't necessarily loyal to any individual part of the region.

RE: RPC Census, Part III (Allegiance) - CassandraJean - 03-26-2013

I just wanted to say I really enjoy these Census polls! It's so interesting seeing the results.

RE: RPC Census, Part III (Allegiance) - Kylin - 03-26-2013

(03-26-2013, 05:05 PM)Aysun Wrote: I almost think that Citizenship would be better than Allegiance. This poll will vastly under-represent Garleans in the community as most of them are no longer supportive of the Empire, and Ala Mhigans of course have nothing left to be loyal to, though they might still be fiercely proud of where they're from.

Could always have a part III-b for citizenship in order to compare those results Big Grin

RE: RPC Census, Part III (Allegiance) - Manari - 03-26-2013

Manari is fiercely and stubbornly loyal to her home, the Twelveswood. As such, I did choose Gridania. She doesn't quite have that level of loyalty to Gridania, but she does agree with most of their beliefs and this has become a member of the Twin Adder. She's never become an official Gridanian citizen though, she just spends more time there than any other city state.

Her loyalty to Gridania is certainly not a fraction of the loyalty she has to the Twelveswood itself.

RE: RPC Census, Part III (Allegiance) - Galvadan - 03-26-2013

Gridania, it has been his home since birth, he follows Nophica who is the "Mother" of the woods, he's just drinking all the Kool-Aid so to speak.

(03-26-2013, 05:31 PM)Kylin Wrote:
(03-26-2013, 05:05 PM)Aysun Wrote: I almost think that Citizenship would be better than Allegiance. This poll will vastly under-represent Garleans in the community as most of them are no longer supportive of the Empire, and Ala Mhigans of course have nothing left to be loyal to, though they might still be fiercely proud of where they're from.

Could always have a part III-b for citizenship in order to compare those results Big Grin

Yes plz!

Anyway. Limsa Lominsa. Cuz.. she's still proud she's Limsa Lominsan, and joined the Maelstrom. She is in love with Thanalan, but not Ul'dah.

RE: RPC Census, Part III (Allegiance) - Eva - 03-26-2013

Another part III-c for 'birthplace' would be an interesting one as well.  Since allegiance/nationality may be different from a character's birthplace (like mine).  Just sayin'.  Tongue

Presently Eva's allegiance is with Gridania, and fairly strongly so at that - though this is highly malleable based on RP events and such and may change in time depending on the course of events.  But yeah, Twelveswood go~

(In 1.0 the character was technically a citizen of Ul'dah too, since we started there and could never change, but joined the Twin Adder).  And she was born in Ishgard.  But she spent most of her life in Gridania and feels a good amount of loyalty to the Twelveswood because of that.

My starting city was Ul'dah in 1.0! But I kept that IC. It seemed like your starting city didn't make your nationality per say in game, since you were arriving there and such. But I don't know! I treated it like she was just arriving there for RP purposes, anyway. xD

RE: RPC Census, Part III (Allegiance) - Weffrey - 03-26-2013

GRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIDDDDDAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAA!(Haha I love Gridania, so IC I am making Bhav love it too. It's just an awesome place!)

Bhav will help anyone that needs it no matter where from. However, if Gridania is in danger he'll focus there. He just loves the place! Therefore, his allegiance is definitely to Gridania and the Twin Adders.

RE: RPC Census, Part III (Allegiance) - Rhashi Nefhys - 03-26-2013

I had to go with other. Rhashi grew up in Gridania but he swore to protect Eorzea which doesn't necessarily side him with the city states.

RE: RPC Census, Part III (Allegiance) - Rhostel - 03-26-2013

Hrm. This is a jumbled mess for Rhostel. I'm going to have to say Ala Mhigo overall. Sure, there's not much to be loyal to at the moment, but there is the Resistance and fellow refugees. Still, that's enough for her. Then again, she's been rather inconstant in her loyalty.

She was in the Flames, but she resigned from them just a year into the Umbral Era. And again, she joined not for Ul'dah but for her fellow refugees, all the way up to Raubahn. The place she calls home is near Ul'dah, but that just makes her feelings for the city more complex, not fonder.

In fact, of the currently open and unoccupied city-states, the one she most respects is Gridania. It was where she started her adventuring career, even. But respect is not loyalty, and as much as she appreciates the Wood Wailers for teaching her the way of the spear, she didn't consider joining them nor the Adders for a moment.

If you measure loyalty in strict terms of how frequently she's put her own needs ahead of the city's Ishgard would win, since she has done so only once. But considering she's never entered the city and has in fact only demonstrated such loyalty as a condition of the Dragoons training her, that's not much to go on.

Finally, there's Limsa Lominsa. Until a couple of years ago, she'd have called the city a near enemy, but now she's living there and all but joined the Arcanists' Guild. She still doesn't trust most anyone, though, and expects to move on soon.

So when it comes down to it, in her heart, her allegiance is to Ala Mhigo, at least to what it represents. Maybe she isn't always doing whats in its best interests right now, but she's always trying to get stronger so that she can do what's needed later.

Nahctgeim would be much easier. She's loyal to Limsa Lominsa. Unfailingly. She'll kill her father herself, if she gets a chance.

RE: RPC Census, Part III (Allegiance) - Myllor - 03-27-2013

Myllor has ties to guilds in all three cities, as well as to Ishgardians around a few specific hamlets, some dragoons, some knights, etc etc. (Intentionally vague~)

So I picked none, as he's living in Limsa for some of the time skip, he was enlisted in the Immortal Flames, and I would have picked Ul'dah pre-calamity, but now he just sort of works around all three. The least represented likely being Gridania.

He spends alot of time in Limsa with his smithing, and Soliloquy.