Hydaelyn Role-Players
Patch 3.5 Trailer - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Patch 3.5 Trailer (/showthread.php?tid=18113)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Patch 3.5 Trailer - Rosehip - 01-06-2017

(01-06-2017, 04:56 PM)Virella Wrote:
(01-06-2017, 04:55 PM)Edda Wrote: Papalymo is going to die.

Dark horse option, Kan-E.

Though I swear to CHRIST if they 'kill' someone and then bring them back in the first half of 4.0 I will be posterior pained.
If they do that, I will organise a protest in game to demand the NPC's death

Currently playing through Heavensward and yeah, same. Way to completely negate a really powerful, emotional storyline as well as any long lasting consequences? No more of that please.

RE: Patch 3.5 Trailer - Kellach Woods - 01-06-2017

Omega seems inspired by the FF5 version. Which means two bards should be enough to "stop" it.
The music of Sohm Al (Hard) is fucking glorious and I hope the orchestrion roll isn't hard to get.

The center of the diadem as the portal to Forbidden Land Eureka would be weird, but a good continuation. Doubly so if for some reason the Diadem stands above Crystal Tower. It'd be a nice link. Also glad to see they're going to recycle the Headstone model. Now, we just need to have Gold Needles work on it. I also did not expect FLE to come out now, so chances are it's just a preview for 3.55. Revamped Diadem is good and I hope it's really fun this time around.

Not gonna comment on MSQ beyond the fact that Mysterium's gonna hear me bitch about it most likely. Not a fan of the MSQ.

Hildi seems more serious this time around - Glad to see the Vivi storyline end mostly because I want to know what will happen. Kinda wondering A) if we'll get Hildebrand Manderville in Stormblood and B) what FF character will be featured. My personal vote would be for Benjamin but as part of the one dozen people that actually like FF:MQ that's obviously going to be my vote over literally anything else. It'll probably be something that can be turned to funny (See Gilgamesh arc that ended up including Ultros). Hell, Goldor from FFIII would be a possibilty as someone getting robbed requiring Hildi's brand of inquiry. Plus, MQ isn't really a FF game (look at Final Fantasy Legend 3 aka SaGa 3 and FF:MQ - FF:MQ is basically a SaGa game in all but name).

Lack of Scholasticate is good. That storyline sucks. Unfortunately, it just means it's been pushed back to 3.55 (which is kind of expected as scholasticate IIRC is an in-between thing).

RE: Patch 3.5 Trailer - Valence - 01-07-2017

I find the scholasticate quests the best sidequests ever, personally (not that the bar was very high though). It's the only one that serves us so much lore in a more composed, neutral, and less black and white fashion (it still is though). It told us so much about ishgardian lore and current climate and changes... And it actually has meat besides ping pong quests to kill x mobs because of silly reasons.

I want more of those.

RE: Patch 3.5 Trailer - Kismet - 01-07-2017

(01-07-2017, 06:19 AM)Valence Wrote: I find the scholasticate quests the best sidequests ever, personally (not that the bar was very high though). It's the only one that serves us so much lore in a more composed, neutral, and less black and white fashion (it still is though). It told us so much about ishgardian lore and current climate and changes... And it actually has meat besides ping pong quests to kill x mobs because of silly reasons.

I want more of those.

I wholeheartedly agree. I hate Hildebrand with a burning passion. Hated him ever since 1.0, and he's only gotten worse with time. In my opinion, the one good thing that ever came of his questline was the Scholasticate spinoff. I like the tone of it and the lore it provides of Ishgardian culture is interesting to me. Not saying it's the best writing ever, it's just better than the crap that spawned it.

Different strokes for different folks, of course.