Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hello , I come with questions - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hello , I come with questions (/showthread.php?tid=18206)

Hello , I come with questions - Roxas - 01-14-2017

Hey everyone ,
I'm new here and after searching around a bit it seems that a lot of people role play on other servers and ultros is kinda sorta dead . So I've been thinking about making anew character or transferring over . Which option should I go with . I have a level 58 ninja but I'm not sure what will carry over . Will I lose all my apartment stuff ?
Thanks for the feedback .

RE: Hello , I come with questions - Unnamed Mercenary - 01-14-2017

There are limits on how much gil you can transfer. Property cannot be transferred. Everything else like items, gear, achievements, retainers, etc? That'll transfer as long as it doesn't conflict with things said prior.

I'd recommend transfers over trying to reroll if you think the MSQ and leveling is a chore. If you have a standard subscription, you can transfer up to 8 characters from one server to another, so if you like alts, premake them! (Or at least the slots if you're headed to Balmung, which is 99.99% of the time closed.)

RE: Hello , I come with questions - SicketySix - 01-14-2017

Just to add, you can transfer over 1 million gil on your character and 100k in gil on each retainer. Only being level 58 and thus I'm guessing fairly new to the game, unless a "buddy" made a "donation" of gil to you, you should be okay as far as that goes.

RE: Hello , I come with questions - abc - 01-14-2017

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/option_service/world_transfer_service/

The various guidelines and steps for eligibility are listed in the link above.

RE: Hello , I come with questions - Nebbs - 01-14-2017

What others have said plus ..

You would loose your housing and there is none available. So, you would need to find a Free Company and buy a room to replace your Apartment. Though, there are many many FCs Smile

If you have lots of gil spread it over your characters (with help from a friend or FC chest) then maybe look into buying up items that you can resell once you arrive. Maybe the bags of coins, if they are cheep enough, or find a friend on the server to scan the market board for you.

RE: Hello , I come with questions - Thunderbolt300 - 01-14-2017

Hey there and welcome aboard to the RPC and hopefully to Balmung!Thumbsup

RE: Hello , I come with questions - foxfirestorm - 01-17-2017

Hey there and welcome to the Roleplay hotspot of Final Fantasy XIV! Thumbsup
I know I'm a few days late on this and I was also once on Ultros, so I get what you mean about it being a bit of a desert when it comes to finding any Roleplay.

Balmung is the largest Roleplay community out there, but you have to pay around 18 dollars to get in, which-- if you are going to be transferring, probably isn't a deal breaker. However, there are other Roleplay communities like Gilgamesh and Jenova, that said, we have a budding one here on Mateus!

The Mateus server is none to be low-pop with a great deal of housing and apartments available! There is an active Hunt Linkshells and we as the roleplayers are pretty active as well with POTD events, random roleplay all over the place, and we try to make sure everyone's character gets a chance at the spotlight. Making sure no one feels left behind!

The OOC Commuinity of Mateus is also pretty chill and friendly, we don't have any griefers that we have ran into and well, most of us are all vets, so we know what to do if they ever decide to crop up for some reason. Wink

If you are interested in checking out Mateus we have a Linkshell listing and some information down in the "Making Connections" Thread. Either way, welcome and I hope you find your roleplaying home!

RE: Hello , I come with questions - Roxas - 01-17-2017

Thank you everyone for the responses , it's abbot to consider and it doesn't look like there'll be any space on balmung ever so I might just try a different server after all .