Hydaelyn Role-Players
Ave's Monk Lore Dump - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Lore Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Thread: Ave's Monk Lore Dump (/showthread.php?tid=18310)

Ave's Monk Lore Dump - Virella - 01-22-2017

Fist of Rhalgr Loredump

[Image: 4543.jpg]

Bare with me while I try to order this chaos. Most of my posts been writing on other online media, so my formatting will be hell for a while. There's still a lot missing regarding more in depth lore regarding Monk outfits, history, heresy, oaths, soulstones ect. Admittely, I'm posting this partly to keep my own lore hoarding gathered in one spot, but I figured others would enjoy it as well. I will be updating this at my own pace. What might be very fast, or very slow.

But I can highly recommend reading up @Sounsyy's posts on the Fist of Rhalgr in the meantime! They are excellent lore source for history on the Fists ect.

Sources, screenshots will be included!

Link One
Link Two

Fist of Rhalgr (NPC) Skills
A Summary

[Image: I-kRXqKdPFwJtC5s098M15IQRmBCfts-bSasC_dL...cN26R-g7DH]

Due to the upcoming hype regarding Stormblood and Monk roleplay, angry grandma Avelyn Firestone is here to shed some more light onto the skills the Fist of Rhalgr skills! This goes from what we have on our skillbars, to what we exclusively see in the job questline. This compendium is nowhere complete, but I do keep it as lore friendly as possible. With every skill, screenshots, links and photos from the lorebook are provided, either as links or directly placed within the document.

I could very much be wrong on certain things, as some skills are still guessing work! Also, sadly enough I had to find a Youtube clip to see the 50-60 abilities, so the screenshots are of a questionable quality. But anyhow!

We will start with the skills outside the skillbar and shown in the questlines.

Enjoy!
  • Gutripper                                              - Shadow Punch
  • Blast Wave                                            - Shadow Pulse v1
  • Spirit Pulse                                           - Pulse Wave
  • Ultimate Focus                                     - Shadow Pulse v2
  • Rehabilitation                                      - Unnamed Ability 1
                                                                               -  Unnamed Ability 2
                                                                               - Unnamed Ability 3
Gutripper

[Image: NDpGLno.png]

Widargelt uses this at the start of the level 50 quest often. It is an AoE square directly in front of him, with very little range. The animation itself is him snapping forward with one hand, a green aura appearing around his hand. It is safe to say, judging from the name and the animation made, it is likely they are, with the use of focused aether, trying to rip someone’s guts open
Blastwave

[Image: GoFhJoA.png]

Another skill Widargelt uses at the start of the battle quite frequently. While it has a different name, the animation, and the line itself very much mimic that of the ability Howling Fist. They are probably one and the same, named differently. I could however be completely wrong!

Spirit Pulse

[Image: 5cqKim1.png]

A very interesting one in my opinion! Widargelt here creates a purple sphere after standing skill and channeling it with his arms wide open whilst even more Aether flows around him. We have seen the Chimera mobs use this. However interestingly, these orbs do follow you at a rather rapid pace and last longer. But this could be my personal observation and completely and utterly wrong.

At touching said orb, it explodes for massive AoE damage. But unlike the Chimera orb, it does not cause the paralyze status. Next to that, it is shown onto your mob list in game, so it is counted as a separate enemy by game mechanics.

[Image: qKai03S.png]

Ultimate Focus

[Image: hX6TT45.png]

Ultimate focus is a short casting spell. Widargelt once more stands there with his arms wide open, Aether swirling around him once more. He continues to heal himself over and over, this spell can be casted on repeat HOWEVER Oddly enough the XIVDB site claims it has a 50 second recast timer, while I’m certain that he casted it a few times in a row. I’m not certain if he has a passive ability what allows him to do this. What brings me to the fact Monk’s self healing, when reached a certain level of skill, becomes insane.

Rehabilitation

[Image: Q0xWwRy.png]

This one is a very interesting one. As soon your Seventh Chakra start to open you start to selfheal automatically over time. The very interesting part, if you go looking up the skill in XIVDB, the name of the skill is shared by skills used by the Warrior of Light as well during a few Main Quest Scenarios; I’m not certain whether it is used as Hydealyn’s Blessings, or one of your companions just casting a perma regen on you. Basically it’s very interesting to me, and something I really need to find more information on a later time; I will revise this version once I’ve found more information!

Shadow Punch

[Image: hfiF1dN.png]

Another version of Blast Wave/Howling Wind! Employed by H’raha Tia, it appears to be the exact same. The attack seems to be exactly the same. Sadly enough I had to use screenshots from a youtube clip, as I currently don’t have the luxury to redo the quest on my alt. This might just be the Shadow Sect’s naming of Blast Wave, or perhaps an improved version, I cannot tell!

Shadow Pulse v1

[Image: qvYfpvz.png]

It appears to be another version of Pulse Wave. It does the exact same thing. A shadowy purple bolt appears from him after standing still, spread wide open with his arms. It also chases you, and does massive AOE damage around you. Once more, these show in your enemy threatlist as well. However…

Pulse Wave

[Image: ql2Ftk3.png]

… Unlike what we’ve seen in our fight with Widargelt at 50, these orbs do not only explode and cause AoE damage. No, these stay on the ground for a small amount of time, and start blasting a big AoE circle around them to damage the player. It appears to be a stronger and more advanced basically now capable of doing its own attacks.  What brings up to our next point!

Shadow Pulse v2

[Image: vStevIj.png]

Eventually H’raha Tia tells you he is about to get serious. So he summons four orbs around him. These look a bit different from the normal Pulse orbs we’ve seen so far. These also don’t chase you whatsoever. No, these orbs just stand there static. After a while tho, they start to charge their attack. By the name of Bubo Burst.

[Image: Ue1mhXd.png]

This however, provided it does manage to be casted does an AoE attack with a range I’ve never seen so far in this game. This extends beyond the Mage LB3 circle. Suffice to say, if all orbs are left to be ignore, these would have the capability to wipe out a whole group of people.

Unnamed Ability 1

[Image: f14FH65.png]

H’raha Tia is capable of stealing the life force of the other three named Monks involved in the questline. He appears to do this with relative ease, and the three of them are not capable of resisting it either. Interesting enough, he only seems to tap the Aether of what I’m going so assume their Chakras, and not their personal Aether, as that would indeed kill them. The group is still capable of fighting, but I honestly doubt they can do their Aether infused abilities to the extend they can with their Chakras.

He however only says it makes unleashing his Ultimate Technique easier. Heavily implying he was already capable of doing it without stealing the Aether of the three in question. Despite this attack being absorbed the the WoL and unlocking their Final Chakra, he still claims he is stronger due to holding these energies.

[Image: QrmLBiU.png]

Unnamed Ability 2

[Image: DNI68r6.png]

After H’raha Tia steals the three’s energy, he claims he can now easily use his Ultimate Technique. However he says it in such a way that he probably could have done this without their energy, but simply making it easier.

Reaching his eblow back, a massive orb of bright energies appear around his hand, and for a better lack of terms, hurls a hadouken at the group.  But I still like to point out despite this, H’raha isn’t your average Fist of Rhalgr. He was the Shadow Sect leader. So keep the destructive hadoukens probably for advanced, older Fist of Rhalgr! Not to mention, he is basically casting a spell without a weapon. What is EXTRAORDINARY in Eorzea.

The orb itself seems to be a massive, destructive gathering of Aether. On impact with the Warrior of Light, it causes the ground around it to fly up.

Unnamed Ability 3

[Image: LKrTRg4.png]

When the ‘Ultimate Technique’ gets hurled towards the party of three, the Warrior of Light steps in.

Extending her hand, she absorbs the Aether by the looks of it. She might be simply dispelling it, but judging from the fact her Final Chakra opens right after, I’m going to speculate that absored Aether forced her Final Chakra open.

And once more, she is doing this with her bare hands. A very rare thing in Eorzea all things considered. Probably having your baby Monk doing this is probably not something what could happen as we haven’t seen anything like this before.

RE: Ave's Monk Lore Dump - Virella - 01-22-2017

Question
"Does it matter what chakra the other monks have when you fight them? If a chakra 13 monk fights a chakra 5 monk of the opposite sect, does it still open? I AM SO CURIOUS"

Show Content

Monk Question 2!
"I figure I can answer this by just finally getting my monk to 60 (and I want to before Stormblood anyway) but what are the differences between how light sect opens chakra and shadow does wol kinda magically open all through feel good story powers of being>"

Show Content

Monk Chakra Question
"Are monk chakras in FFXIV more like you gaining a power level or does each chakra have a specific type like in Buddism/Hinduism? The lore book has surprisingly little about them."

Show Content

Suspected Chakra Locations

Show Content

lots of dump information for myself coming in, will make more sense later.

Show Content

same as above

SHOULD BE FINE NOW I THINK