Hydaelyn Role-Players
Character creation Z'mona Talmarin - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Character Workshop (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Thread: Character creation Z'mona Talmarin (/showthread.php?tid=18338)

Character creation Z'mona Talmarin - Z'mona Talmarin - 01-26-2017

So I really enjoyed making this and a huge thanks to the creator of the "Incredibly Complete Character Planning sheet," it made organizing my thoughts so much easier.  Tear it up, add to it, make suggestions, anything really I enjoy criticism (thanks college English teacher).

THE BASICS:
Character name: Z’mona Talmarin
Nickname: Z
Origin of Nickname: Faster to say when in combat
Birthdate: 23rd of the 1[sup]st[/sup] astral moon (the day he awoke from hiscoma)
Place of Birth: unknown
Ethnicity: Miqo’te Seeker
Religion: Doesn’t believe in the gods

Height: 68in
Weight: 168lbs
Body type: Tall, sleek muscled
Eye color: silver
Glasses or Vision Enhancements: none
Skin tone (pale, tan, olive, brown, etc): tan
Face shape: (round, square, oval, chubby, heart-shaped): round
Prominent features: Scarring covers over half of his body (think Vash the Stamped from Trigun).  Even thoughheavily scarred most of his body still functions with little issue other than the occasional tearing of scar tissue depending upon how much his body works
Tattoos or distinguishing marks: Standard Miqo’te markings
Casting choice (what actor do they resemble?): I am open to suggestions

General health: Average
Disabilities, illnesses, or weaknesses: Awoke from a Coma three years after the Calamity, severe amnesia of anything prior to awakening

Fashion and style (what do they wear, how do they wear it?): Depends upon his job location (i.e. greens for woodlands, brown for desert).  He does prefer dark or black if not working,generally worn close to the body for ease of movement
Special jewelry: Prefers not to wear any
Hair color: black with white highlights
Hairstyle: worn down and short close to the head
Grooming: clean kept

Additional information:

COMMUNICATION SKILLS:
Languages spoken: Miqo’te, Basic
Accent or dialect: Militaristic
Vocabulary/reading level: Average
Voice tone: Stern and commanding
Favorite phrases: “Get up and fight!!” “Nobody gets left behind…. Ever”
Do they curse: Incessantly, though not around females if he can help it
Demeanor: Serious but level headed
Mannerisms: proper and prompt
Gestures: Inappropriate most times, however military hand motions used during combat
Habitual behaviors (nail-biting, drumming fingers, hair fixing, etc.): whistles when bored or waiting, and will continually scan around him same as a paranoid soldier
Posture: Straight back and chest out

PROFESSIONAL INFO:
Current occupation: Working as a freelance mercenary, no matter what the job
Level of job satisfaction: Doesn’t care
Years at current occupation: Going on one year now
Income: varies dependent upon the job
Professional skills: Stealth, Resilience, and cunning
Combat skills: Single handed blades and archery

Additional information:

LIVING CONDITIONS:
Place of residence: Wherever he can lay his head
Type of residence: Tavern rooms, Military encampments, occasionally nicer places depending on the job he has taken on
Surrounding area (city, rural, etc): 
Cities or military camps
Describe residence: poor
Who do they live with: lives alone
Pets: none
Overall quality of living conditions: poor
Home décor: none
Important features of home: none

Type of vehicle: none
Age of vehicle: none
Defining characteristics of vehicle: none
Quality of vehicle: none
Describe vehicle: none

Additional information:

PERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS:
Marital status: Single/ Unknown
Significant partner(s): Unknown
How did they meet partner:
Nickname for partner:
Previous romantic partners: Unknown

Children: Unkown
Relationship with children:

Step-children:

Important family:
Mother: T’aliq Talmarin
Living or deceased: deceased before Calamity, died during childbirth
Mother’s occupation: Archer

Father: Zolin Talmarin
Living or deceased: deceased, died two years after Calamity
Father’s occupation: Paladin

Siblings: Younger sister died in childbirth with mother
Describe the quality of relationship with any significant family members: During his lifetime Z’mona had a great relationship with his family.  His father became an alcoholic after his wifeand unborn daughter died on the same day, shortly after Z’mona went and joined with a group of mercenaries and left home.

Extended family: Unknown

Friends: Doesn’t make them easily, tries not to get attached to other Mercenaries
Best Friend: None
Describe relationship with friend(s):

Additional information: None of this information is known to Z’mona, not even his parent’s names.  The only informationhe has to go on for family is a photo left at his bedside.  Upon awakening the healer tending to him said“The man in the photo was your father… he was here every day until his passing”

How does the character relate to:
Spouse: Unknown
Lover: Unknown, since awakening has not had any
Past lovers/spouses: Unknown
Children: Unknown
Friends: Doesn’t make them easily, tries not to get attached to fellow mercenaries
Employer: Depends on the pay
Underlings: will beat them into shape, or if they do their jobs well he takes good care of them
Minions: N/A
Pets: N/A
Strangers: Leaves them be
Opposite sex: Generally doesn’t know how to act around them
Same sex: Easy to talk to
Family members: None remaining alive he is aware of
Competitors: If they take money from his mercenary jobs, he handles them accordingly
Authority: Will defy if given the right catalyst
Enemies: Fight until they give up, or are defeated

Additional information:

CHARACTER PERSONALITY AND PSYCHOLOGY:
Any psychological issues or illnesses: Amnesia since the Calamity, only thing he knows is what little information he could glean from a photo left at his bedside.
Meyers Briggs Personality Type: Defender

What do they love: Combat
What is their passion: Learning new combat styles
What do they hate: being bested
What would they die for: Honor and perhaps, if he finds it, Love
What do they value: His word and, as a mercenary, Money
Secret loves: People watching, especially female Miqo’te, even though he never speaks to them
Sexual behavior: Unknown, since awakening he’s not been able to hold a conversation with a female

Personal philosophies: holds on to some form of a soldier code
Politics: cares little to get involved, unless being paid
Spirituality: believes no gods truly exist, why would they let something like the Calamity happen?
Prejudices: None

Greatest strength: Determination, unwillingness to lose or leave a comrade behind
Greatest weakness or flaw: Refuses to leave a comrade behind no matter the odds, and his pride

Their favorite attribute: his build
Least favorite attribute: the scars on his body, especially now that he has no stories to tell of them

Biggest secret: Doesn’t have one, at least none he remembers
Biggest fear: Learning the truth, and women

Most likeable trait: Determination
Least likeable trait: can be arrogant, even though he has amnesia he still has great combat prowess
How are they perceived by others: As most mercenaries are, generally as scum depending upon their record of jobs

Proudest accomplishment: Surviving the Calamity, he has since learned that the loss of life that day was innumerable
Other accomplishments: Multiple accomplishments from mercenary jobs
Biggest regret: Not having kept a journal prior to the Calamity
Most embarrassing moment: Stuttering in front of a Miqo’te girl for almost a straight minute, she then laughed at him and walked away
Personality quirks: Confident in battle but not when talking to females
Would they like to change anything about themselves: the scars on his body

Short term or long term goals: To escape the mercenary life, maybe become a guard or an honorable soldier
Obstacles: Money and his reputation

Heroes or role models: None
Negative role models: Other mercenaries
Biggest life influence: Combat

Likes or dislikes: Like- Training in multiple combat styles, Dislike- People who treat women without respect
Favorite book, movie, music, etc: During his down time will read whatever books he can pick up

Additional information:

PAST HISTORY: All unknown due to amnesia

Hometown:

Past relationships:
First love:
First sexual experience:

Major childhood events:
Best memory:
Worst memory:
Saddest memory:
Quality of childhood:

Educational experience/level:
Significant school experiences:
Special skills or training:
Anything un-skilled, needs work:
Hobbies:

Major illnesses, accidents or traumas: 3 year coma after Calamity, Severe Amnesia following awakening, the scarring on his body will slow him somedays unless he risks tearing some of the tissue in order to finish a fight

Police record/criminal record: Not formally accused of anything, but has taken life instead of losing his own as part of his Mercenary jobs.

DAILY LIFE:
Morning routine: Depends on what jobs he’s taken
Afternoon routine: Same as the morning
Evening routine: If not working likes to sit in urban areas and watch people
Sleep habits: What sleep he manages is plagued with nightmares from his less favorable mercenary jobs, and of what he assumes is the Calamity

Additional information:

BACKSTORY:
Pain…pain everywhere… what was wrong… why did I hurt so much?  I could barely open my eyes… the light it burned like I was staring into the sun.  A calming voice quickly came to my aid “be easy, easy sir,” as I heardthose words I stopped trying to move around so much.  The blinding lights dimmed slightly, finally I peered out into the room I lay in. 
Minimalistic… nothing special… a tall female stood beside me… who was this person… how did she know me…was I…dead? The tall woman told me… she was an Elezen… her name… was Victoria… she explained that I was in a coma… for three years.  That explained my pain… my body had nearly atrophied from lack of movement, my eyes burned because I had not opened them.  I had to know… what had happened to me…Victoria explained, what she called the Calamity to me, that I must’ve been fighting during the incident.  She said that an older male Miqo’te brought me in afterwards, both of us bloody and beaten but he did not seek attention for himself, only for me.  I don’t remember… everything told to me…nothing is in my memory, why would I be there? Who was I fighting for?

That, was two years ago, my body took nearly a year to recover and begin to rebuild.  It was pain, nearly every day,sometimes just lifting my own body weight out of that bed was unbearable.  Every day, up, move, stretch, push… harder…more… faster, until I had rebuilt to a level of what I considered to be normal.  During this time, Victoria kept watch over me… almost like a mother figure, she told me that the older Miqo’te that had brought me in stayed most every day, until his passing a year or so before I awoke.  So, I chose not to stop atnormal, I kept pushing… each day a few more repetitions, a couple more push-ups, and now I feel like I am strong enough to fight each day.  The pain in my body still exists, the scar tissue throbs if I push too hard… there are days I cannot stand to look at myself, and couldn’t imagine anyone else wanting to either… who was I?  Someday I hope to find… another who knows me, knows who I was and what I was doing there at the Calamity.

I’ve now taken up the Mercenary life, its quick and simple… however… it has had its darker jobs, things that still haunt me and keep me up.  There have been too many lives taken when they didn’t have to be… I’ll never understand why people ask for this type of work to be done… or why against a superior foe… they refuse to stand down, to live to fight another day.  My blade… and my arrows… have taken lives, I’ll never deny that… somehow, I’ve avoided a prison cell.  However, a few merc contracts have even been set on me, I generally avoid those areas until it calms… or I find the fool gutsy enough to take the job… and suede them to leave it alone.  This is now my life… I hope that one day I can change it, and maybe… just maybe I’ll find my past… but to be truthful… I’m not sure I want to know anymore.

Pages from Z’mona Talmarin’s journal, started two days after he awoke.