Hydaelyn Role-Players
Crystalline - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Linkshell Hall (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Forum: Chronicles (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Thread: Crystalline (/showthread.php?tid=1836)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Crystalline - Unnamed Mercenary - 02-01-2016

Per request, this listing has been unarchived.

RE: Crystalline - John Spiegel - 02-02-2016

(Thanks UM!)

Another year, another successful Starlight party hosted by our "bestest adventurer" K'hylia. (https://gyazo.com/71a94bc691d626181d4b70072b1e5f53 for the hugbox to end all hugboxes)

I'm not big on advertising promises since for the longest time I personally have been a cluster with my worklife but I'm one month in on a new job and the realization I'll be having a solid schedule in the very near future, I hope to be more proactive in getting outsiders interested in the company.

We're always welcome to outsiders wanting to do something with a "Mercs with Morals" company (that's us, btw!). Simply drop me a line here on the forums or in-game (John Spiegel or Alex Windfist).

Click the linky in my siggy to get to our website, PM me here, find me in-game or yell really loud from a peak at least 6 km above sea level and I promise you will look silly.

RE: Crystalline - John Spiegel - 03-04-2016

Hey! I remembered this month! AND it's only a partial copy-paste from our forums!

http://www.crystalline-rp.net/

So March 2016, fresh into patch 3.2 with all that juicy stuff (Hildy, Flying adamantoise, jukebox, and tank tweaks being my personal faves in order).

I am extremely pleased to announce we have had a few contests over the past month, one for our new banner and one for our theme song.

Mackenzie Hawk, our resident midlander novice fighter with a streak for getting her ass handed to her, made this lovely banner which will eventually be put over our website's home page. She saved us all from having Aanzo's banner hang over our website.
[Image: crystalline_by_ravenmadisonhell-d9tsbx2.png]

As for our other contest, Knotted Ivy, also formerly known as Flandre (and known as Batu as well as Ivy currently), surprised everyone with a song made years ago for the direct predecessor of Crystalline in FFXIV.

Forever Watching as she described, is an unused theme she put together for Crystalline's FFXIV 1.0 predecessor, Everwatch. I hope those that were there in those days feel a tad nostalgic and I hope everyone just gives Ivy hugs for such a rad thing.

While we are not Everwatch, the core of that group lives on as FFXI's Crystalline lived on in Everwatch and its predecessors in 1.0. It's never about the numbers nor popularity or even always having a log on the fire -- it's about having fun through intricate and long-lasting plots that weave into each other in unexpected ways, ever welcoming new faces while paying some quiet homage to days past. That fire beacon in the yard of HQ is just such a homage.

During the early days of 2.0, the old camp of the Everwatch was picked as a little nook in East Shroud where each successive gathering brought more and more of Eva's lost friends together until near everyone was accounted for. New friends came to those as well to the former Everwatch circle. The characters lit a vigil much like we have in the yard now. Ever since we had that housing plot, we have had that vigil burning still for those that came and left and for those that never returned at all from the days of the Calamity.

That's my perspective coming from post-Everwatch times anyways.

RE: Crystalline - Flynn Rosenberg - 04-13-2016

Hello! Just dropping in with a small monthly update.

We are still active and looking for new blood to join us, here is our website in case you may have missed it if you wish to register: http://www.crystalline-rp.net/

To get some more activity going, we have recently started up a weekly voluntary FATE RP event. Over the past few weeks, our beloved leader has lead these events by taking small interested groups to a new part of Eorzea each week. During this event we travel together and help out the locals, take on challenging beasts that have caused a disturbance, or even DMed something completely different.

Though we have a scheduled time and date, we are looking to offer a different time or at least have an updated roster of folks's time for other stuff. Since most of us have crazy schedules, we do not usually rely on being punctual, as such they are voluntary and every member is encouraged to create their own RP.

We hope that peaks peoples interests. If so, our website is above and feel free to contact us in game Smile

RE: Crystalline - John Spiegel - 05-12-2016

Benevolent Dictator of Crystalline here, since I couldn't push the task on someone else again!

May has shown to be yet another typical moon for us. Little tid bits of individual RPs going on, a planned event this coming Sunday in the mid-afternoon about Little Ala Mhigo. Those random Ala Mhigan RP folk should skulk that out. It's not going to be big or complex, don't be afraid to say hi.

Awhile back, like a year or ten, we made a Skype for the company. About twenty five hours ago we made a Discord channel, evolving out of Skype and it's silly inability to have a mobile app that isn't cluttered and inability to make it dark. So that's been exciting.

That's really all I got. We're really bad and boring. Don't checks us out at http://www.crystalline-rp.net/ and totes don't chat me up via forums. I'm a horrible person.

~See you next month~

RE: Crystalline - John Spiegel - 06-29-2016

Not really anything super new for June. We're more or less rolling on merrily. Semi regular Sunday RP or content things. Fri-Sat-Sunday availability by at least me for any needs of the company. Various character stories that don't always intertwine within the company.

We're story-driven, not "amount of stuff" driven. We're slow and enjoy quality over quantity... also helps that the majority of us have full-time jobs or dependables, so we don't do the whole 'required to attend' thing.

See you next month~

RE: Crystalline - John Spiegel - 07-26-2016

Making it in just in time for August!

New tag, same old same old!

To differentiate in the sea of <RP> tags we're trying out a new tag <xlnRP> from a grand total of two people that said to do it when I took a poll (out of two people polled at 1AM... super democratic!).

Crystalline, being the name of our company, shares the namesake with the mineral property... and in geology shorthand, 'crystalline' is commonly written 'xln'. So I got to flex my geologist muscles for giggles. (If you ask me to identify a rock you think is a meteorite, it is always slag.)

New tag, same old same old.

RE: Crystalline - John Spiegel - 08-26-2016

I'm back for this moon's blurb!

For nearly a cycle we had an unofficial OOC pearl with a group that we loved but they've not been around for ten moons (MMO hoppers!). I made the decision to split from that inactive pearl that none of us had ability to create more pearls for and make a second pearl for Crystalline, an OOC pearl.

While we promote we have a /FC for OOC chat, not every avid member wants to join a non-Raid centered FC. There was much debate back in the day for an OOC pearl or whatever, so I ended up making our initial Skype group. As time passed on, we got that old OOC pearl and then also went from Skype to Discord. I personally want anyone to have a possible vein in either in game or out of game to the group. Some people have 8/8 pearls, some people are on consoles. Whatever!

IC pearl - CHECK (and required! The others aren't to be part of Crystalline)
Discord - Check
/FC chat - Check
OOC pearl - Check

Inquire at me here, ingame (Alex Windfist, John Spiegel, Grace Windfist) or on Skype (john.d.spiegel) or Discord (BadlandsJohn#7312) for any questions or collaborations with a rag tag group of Mercs with Morals!

RE: Crystalline - John Spiegel - 09-30-2016

What we are:
A small, but marvelous band of blokes. The Company itself, Crystalline, is a mercenary free company with the unofficial tag of "Mercs with Morals" and our members come from all walks of life. Seasoned adventurers. Grand company folks. Fledgling fighters.... who most all share a common goal: Do good things and hopefully get paid.

How to Find Crystalline:

Anyone with the <xlnRP> tag.
Our HQ (Ward 1 Plot 15 of Beds).
Me personally (Alex Windfist, John Spiegel, rarely Grace Windfist).
My discord: BadlandsJohn#7312
My skype: john.d.spiegel
My account on the RPC (though admittedly I poke around about once a week)

Back again.

We're still small.

A few of us had a bit of a content hiatus prior to 3.4, personally I worked on Fallout 4 play. Didn't wanna get burnout of XIV!

Anyways.

Our forums' days are numbered. Since we rarely use it anymore we're going to let the bill lapse. This doesn't mean we're a dead company. On the contrary. We have a very active Discord channel for all OOC needs.

We have had a company house in the Lavender Beds for ever and I'd like to think it fits the merc-home meme pretty nicely. Cozy but lore friendly (I redecorated ages ago and am pretty proud of it >.> #ego). Admittedly, with 3.4's release and pre-3.4 we been slow in terms of the RP in house. I'm not sure we can rightfully call ourselves a "heavy RP" company unless the metric is deep stories and dark tones, we got those for dayyyyys. Just sometimes we are playing other video games or watching the new episodes of Jojo.

We have a spotlight time Sunday that most us agreed works usually for the majority of us to either do an RP mission/gathering or for new-newish content. With 3.4 out, we will probably be doing the new Alexander and then the Goddess and RP for those of us that aren't yet sated! ...but weeks Sundays that follow will be just Alexander and RP.

As said in past posts, our overarching story is a collection of personal stories that weave in and out of the spotlight. With the apparent tip towards Ala Mhigo in the future, you can bet your dodo steak that Alex, an Ala Mhigan, will have much to say and desire to do about his homeland and I hope some things happen that get people in the company to see more of that side of Alex. I don't want to spoil that!

Some might find this sort of company a bit boring. You would be right, at times we are boring. The majority of us are post-college adults and have other things we want to do in either the game or real life. We've no mandatory meetings. When there is occasion for one I try to work with as many peoples' schedules as I can but no, since I have been benevolent dictator, I have never and will never force someone to be somewhere for my ego and chest beating needs.

RE: Crystalline - John Spiegel - 12-28-2016

Friendly reminder, our main page is over in the FC section since it's cleaner.

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=17448