Hydaelyn Role-Players
[5 February 2017] RPC Chat Upgrade - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Forum Announcements (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: [5 February 2017] RPC Chat Upgrade (/showthread.php?tid=18477)

[5 February 2017] RPC Chat Upgrade - Unnamed Mercenary - 02-05-2017

Hello!

Next week, on either 2/14, 2/15 or 2/16, RPC will be moving over to ArrowChat 2.0. With this update, there are a number of new features implemented! Unfortunately, chat history cannot be retained in this update. Should you have any existing chats with important data, please back it up or copy it elsewhere!

We will be backing up the current chat database before the upgrade should a rollback be needed, but at this time, there will not be a way to access old messages/room history.

RE: [5 February 2017] RPC Chat Upgrade - Unnamed Mercenary - 02-19-2017

This hasn't happened yet, but I plan to do it this upcoming week!

A final reminder that chat history will get purged in this upgrade because they are not compatible with eachother!

The chat will be put into maintenance mode before the backup so that we can be sure that a full backup takes place.

RE: [5 February 2017] RPC Chat Upgrade - Aya - 02-19-2017

(02-19-2017, 12:10 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: This hasn't happened yet, but I plan to do it this upcoming week!

A final reminder that chat history will get purged in this upgrade because they are not compatible with eachother!

The chat will be put into maintenance mode before the backup so that we can be sure that a full backup takes place.
I was going to say that this upgrade must have gone seamlessly since I hadn't noticed anything, but I guess it just hasn't happened yet! Smile

Hope it does go easily!

RE: [5 February 2017] RPC Chat Upgrade - Unnamed Mercenary - 02-22-2017

Chat is now down for maintenance. I'll be performing a backup now so that we can rollback if needed.

Any messages that were sent and not read will be lost, among all other stored messages as stated previously.

RE: [5 February 2017] RPC Chat Upgrade - Unnamed Mercenary - 02-22-2017

The chat upgrade is complete!

I've patched the URLs to load avatars like the last time we had an update.

With this upgrade, all history and previous chat rooms are gone. :<

I've created a general room and a spoilers room for now, but if there's requested feedback for other rooms, we can make more too.

The ability for users to create temporary rooms has been enabled as well. They'll last up to two hours of no activity before self-deleting.

If you notice and bugs/issues, please let me know in this thread or in the Feedback/Requests section if you'd like it to be private!

RE: [5 February 2017] RPC Chat Upgrade - Gegenji - 02-22-2017

Just some heads-up for folks using this for the first time.

If it's working right, you should see something similar to this:
[Image: zAg50lr.png]

That plus sign (which I circled in red) is how you join multiple chats! Just click on it and you'll get a list of available chats - if it's a person-made one, it might have a password (identified by the chat having a little lock icon on it). Just pick whichever one you like and you'll be in that one along with the others. Just like in my example pic above, I'm in both the General Chat AND IC Tavern!

There are some things that you'll want to keep in mind. One of which I find kinda clunky.

1. You can only be in three chats at a time. If you try to add a fourth it'll tell you so.
2. To add your own chat, when you're on the chat list "page," click the little plus icon up on the top bar next to the little gear. That'll let you create your own chatroom.
3. The clunky thing. If one of the chats you have "open" is a passworded one, every time you move away from that tab and back again, you'll have to re-enter the password.

One last tidbit, if you're not seeing the chat like in the picture... try either refreshing the page or using a different browser. The chat didn't "update" its look for me until I refreshed, and another user had to switch from Chrome to Firefox.

Hope that all helps and enjoy the new chatroom! I am! Laugh