Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Entertainment Fighting Group - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Entertainment Fighting Group (/showthread.php?tid=18597)

Entertainment Fighting Group - Junko - 02-20-2017

Hi, guys this is a interest check for a entertainment fighting group (think professional wrestling) that me and a friend or going to be starting with some new characters. What we'll need is luchador style performers ("fighters" that have larger than life personas that they play), managers who can fill the gap for the more silent and introverted characters, IC story writers, promoters and venues. IC training will also be available since I doubt a whole lot of characters have this skill set, but rest easy! I've done this IRL so I kinda know what I'm doing. 

This will be RP inception. Characters will be playing a character and fake fighting through emotes to give an audience a show. The drama and intrigue will play out like it did in the many locker rooms I have been a part of and will less be about "Grrrr! I'm gonna beat you next match!" (talk like this will be mostly done in promos and ICly IC) and be more like "Grrrrr! Why did you do this in our match? That was dangerous!" among a ton of other things. I just want to make sure those coming aboard know this is not Grindstone 2.0 and will have more in common with the theater groups than the fight tourney ones.

If interested leave some info on this thread or hit me up in game. My characters are Junko Murasame and Q'yomei Yhaka.

RE: Entertainment Fighting Group - Junko - 02-20-2017

I re did the post to better reflect the WIP the group will be. I'm open to input!

RE: Entertainment Fighting Group - Thraask - 02-20-2017

I think this sounds like an awful lot of silly fun ^_^ Are you planning to organize it with a Linkshell or Free Company? Any ideas on where it will be held? Will it be on the Balmung server?

RE: Entertainment Fighting Group - Junko - 02-20-2017

(02-20-2017, 03:28 PM)Thraask Wrote: I think this sounds like an awful lot of silly fun ^_^ Are you planning to organize it with a Linkshell or Free Company? Any ideas on where it will be held? Will it be on the Balmung server?
It will organized via a linkshell. We will host the shows in public places to start off, but if anyone with entertainment venues want to collaborate with us that would be ideal and lastly like 95% of the player base we are on Balmung.

RE: Entertainment Fighting Group - Warren Castille - 02-20-2017

It sounds intriguing. I know some other groups have talked about wanting to do a pro-wrestling styled event but it always tapered off: I think there's a lot of merit to having both a public performance side of things while also incorporating a more personal work-relationship type thing for the wrestlers themselves.

RE: Entertainment Fighting Group - Vachir/Jet - 02-20-2017

This is relevant to my interests.

It has nothing to do with actively being part of this idea.

RE: Entertainment Fighting Group - Junko - 02-21-2017

Training has begun!

If you see Junko bossing people around in the Pugilist guild feel free to join in or watch and we're of course still looking to fill out the roster so hit me up here or in game.

RE: Entertainment Fighting Group - Khaine - 02-24-2017

I would be extremely interested in taking part in this.

RE: Entertainment Fighting Group - RiniKett - 02-28-2017

I'd be interested in supporting this. We are actually looking to incorporate more of a UFC style event ourselves so I'd be open to helping if I could.