Hydaelyn Role-Players
(.____.)/ - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: (.____.)/ (/showthread.php?tid=18646)

(.____.)/ - Roehanth Winstoura - 02-24-2017

Hello! I'm a returning player looking good to get back into FFxiv. Mostly with the rp aspects. I'm no veteran, just a level 23 marauder that lost interest at some point.

But looking back I remember having this incredible experience RPing with a party that went exploring. Almost like a actual party in a final fantasy garm. Picking up randoms as we went.

My only problem is that I'm a night shift worker. My reliable play times are 8am - 2pm EST. Makes it rather hard to find anyone to rp with so I'm hoping coming to this forum will aid me in my search with people to play with

RE: (.____.)/ - Maril - 02-24-2017

Welcome aboard! o/ 

Balmung has roleplay just about 24/7, so I definitely think you can find some Smile Your times pair up with the european afternoon, and there's quite a few europeans around on the server so maybe there's some that can do those hours Big Grin Have fun and good luck.

RE: (.____.)/ - Roehanth Winstoura - 02-24-2017

(02-24-2017, 03:48 AM)Maril Wrote: Welcome aboard! o/ 

Balmung has roleplay just about 24/7, so I definitely think you can find some Smile Your times pair up with the european afternoon, and there's quite a few europeans around on the server so maybe there's some that can do those hours Big Grin Have fun and good luck.

Thanks for the welcome! Can I ask for advice for finding any RP? I been drifting though the Limsa and Gridania taverns looking for some peeps but been rather unlucky. 

I tend to avoid Ul'dah due to its massive activity. Prefer more quite settings so Its easier to focus on the conversation. 

Was also thinking of just questing. Hoping to find rp in the wilds

RE: (.____.)/ - Uther - 02-24-2017

(02-24-2017, 04:12 AM)Roehanth Winstoura Wrote: Thanks for the welcome! Can I ask for advice for finding any RP? I been drifting though the Limsa and Gridania taverns looking for some peeps but been rather unlucky. 

I tend to avoid Ul'dah due to its massive activity. Prefer more quite settings so Its easier to focus on the conversation. 

It's tough. I recently returned myself, and I'm from a time before housing (though I did come back for a few months after housing was released). It seems a lot of RP is housing-centric now which often means no walk-ups. There are, however, a good amount of tavern events and such under the Calendar tab, which are typically open to the community, in the housing wards. You could try one of those. Usually less packed than Ul'dah's Quicksand, they tend to be a good size for mingling from what I hear. Also, the Grindstone on Saturday nights draws a pretty sizeable audience and I've been drawn into some pretty good RP while spectating before.

Don't feel discouraged if you can't find anything right away. It's a little tricky to get into a well-established RP scene at first. Just don't be shy, and keep an eye out for events and you'll find something.

Happy hunting.

RE: (.____.)/ - Maril - 02-24-2017

(02-24-2017, 04:12 AM)Roehanth Winstoura Wrote:
(02-24-2017, 03:48 AM)Maril Wrote: Welcome aboard! o/ 

Thanks for the welcome! Can I ask for advice for finding any RP? I been drifting though the Limsa and Gridania taverns looking for some peeps but been rather unlucky. 

Well, unfortunately Ul'dah is really the main hub for random RP. The Quicksand can be both busy and really quiet, and the quality of the RP can variate. But at least from personal experience, if you're willing to sit through it, you can sometimes get some really good and memorable RP & connections out of it. 

What I'd suggest you do is head over to the Making Connections section, where you can make a more detailed thread that explains what your character is about and mention some hooks (Check through other peoples posts for inspiration). That may prompt people to reach out to you to plan some RP. I would also suggest that you try to join some linkshells - you can have a look in the linkshell hall - there are a few EU focused ones (where you might find some that can RP during your available times) and several that encourage RP by themes, some are IC and some are OOC. 
If you are proactive about establishing connections, it'll get you a good chunk of the way towards having regular RP. 
As for RP in the wilds, it's great when you can find it, but it doesn't happen a whooole lot - the housing areas have unfortunately contributed towards more people being holed up rather than out there in the world.

RE: (.____.)/ - ExAtomos - 02-24-2017

Look for any AUS/NZ/(that side of the world) players since you're playing during their prime time. I know they're around on Balmung.

RE: (.____.)/ - Thunderbolt300 - 02-24-2017

Not much more I can offer here in terms of advice- I think everyone else covered it wonderfully.

Nevertheless, welcome aboard to the RPC and best of luck on your hunt! Thumbsup

RE: (.____.)/ - Ruran - 02-24-2017

Yoooo, welcome! Your timezone actually falls in great with the EU community, which is quite prevalent on Balmung!

As for finding RP, take a look at the calendar and see if there are any events you can attend. Tavern nights, fight nights, etc are a great way to meet new people and get involved. Plus yeah, like people have said, there's pretty much always RP going on somewhere, usually in Ul'dah.

Making Connections is the place to go as well, if you're looking to message some people in advance and find some hooks!

Welcome again. :D

RE: (.____.)/ - PrinceKlari - 02-28-2017

Welcome! 

Some of us sneak a RP session in at work!Cactuar There's always people on Balmung!