Hydaelyn Role-Players
Why, hello! Couldn't get into Balmung so Gilgamesh - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Why, hello! Couldn't get into Balmung so Gilgamesh (/showthread.php?tid=18717)

Why, hello! Couldn't get into Balmung so Gilgamesh - ClearCubes - 03-02-2017

Really wanted to get into Balmung if I was gonna RP but research shows Gilgamesh is also good, I think. Depending how this goes I may get a transfer reasoning and all that will be below. Anyway please be gentle with me. I'll do my best and fill out the welcome thingy

--MMORPG background

I was that kid who would play every darn mmo available on the internet with my friends. All the good and bad F2P and the only subscription mmo experience I have is with WoW and FFXIV. One has stuck and the other hasn't. I jumped into FFXIV around HW launch and fell off do to some finance issues and recently decided to come back. I've been playing it as a game the last month but am interested in making a new character and trying to RP.

--RP experience

Zero. Zilch. Nada. I have absolutely no personal experience and just have a strange overwhelming want to get into it on some level. Never had the friends who wanted to do it but now I'm trying to forge my own path, as melodramatic as it sounds. I'm unsure how well it will stick so I'd rather get into some big RP server and if I feel I must or Gilgamesh isn't for me I'll just cough up the cash to transfer to Balmung.

--Character ideas/info

Well well, this is the long one. I spent several days fleshing out a backstory and I probably shouldn't dump it all out here but anyway... Wyznwyta Seiksyn is a Sea Wolf and comes from family split between survival and flourishing through the fishing trade and the older and brash members who long for the piracy and glory of the past. Wyznwyta's family is by no means wealthy and is struggling due to the overwhelming fishing trade Limsa Lominsa has become both a curse and a boon. Wyznwyta, somewhat unfortunately, has been chosen more or less against his wishes to Limsa as his strange affinity for the arcane has given both sides of his family reason to send him off to fulfill their wishes of refining his trade and earning the family glory through the adventurers guild. His true passion lies with fishing although he has never been great at it. The quiet and calm it brings him from the constant clamor of his family is what he prizes most. Sent off to Limsa with tome and rod in hand he seeks to save his family through the refinement of his craft and holds a disdain for the adventurers/arcanists guild and only works through them for the Gil he can make through them to survive and support his ventures.

As a character he is rather soft spoken and introverted and is quick to avoid conflict. He would much rather fix a situation than to understand it. Given his nature he often finds himself along the shore fishing by his lonesome. Perpetuated by his tendency to avoid people he thinks alone and longs for a friendship and a life better than he was dealt.

*Wow that dragged on, my bad*

--How did you learn about the coalition?

The magical power of google.

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

Medium hopefully. Mostly just being OOC when I have to during contact with non-roleplayers, etc.

--Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)

Im an architecture student so much of my time is dedicated to class and studio work. I play often late at night whenever I have the free time.

RE: Why, hello! Couldn't get into Balmung so Gilgamesh - Thunderbolt300 - 03-02-2017

Hey there and welcome aboard to the RPC! Thumbsup

Personally, I think Balmung is worth the $18 to move over. I'm not terribly familiar with Gilgamesh, granted, but at least on Balmung, you can loiter around in Ul'dah and eavesdrop on tons of RP. It'd probably be a great help for anyone who is just starting out, and it'll be a good place to cut your teeth the first few times, too!

RE: Why, hello! Couldn't get into Balmung so Gilgamesh - ClearCubes - 03-02-2017

(03-02-2017, 02:33 PM)Thunderbolt300 Wrote: Hey there and welcome aboard to the RPC! Thumbsup

Personally, I think Balmung is worth the $18 to move over. I'm not terribly familiar with Gilgamesh, granted, but at least on Balmung, you can loiter around in Ul'dah and eavesdrop on tons of RP. It'd probably be a great help for anyone who is just starting out, and it'll be a good place to cut your teeth the first few times, too!

Yea I think I'll just bite the bullet on this one but after trying days to get in during slow times before/after maintenance with no luck I just had to make the character

RE: Why, hello! Couldn't get into Balmung so Gilgamesh - SafetyGoggles - 03-02-2017

Hello and welcome! Only advice is give to a new rper is jump in and dont be afraid! Everyone makes 'mistakes' when beginning rp but the best way to learn the etiquette is through experience and asking lots of questions. 

Enjoy!

RE: Why, hello! Couldn't get into Balmung so Gilgamesh - ClearCubes - 03-03-2017

(03-02-2017, 02:43 PM)Noh Wrote: Hello and welcome! Only advice is give to a new rper is jump in and dont be afraid! Everyone makes 'mistakes' when beginning rp but the best way to learn the etiquette is through experience and asking lots of questions. 

Enjoy!

Thank you both so much! I'm gonna wait the three days and cough up the cash for the server transfer. Hopefully I can find a FC/Linkshell I feel my character fits in. For now though I'll do a bit of personal progression and development.