Hydaelyn Role-Players
Looking for Suggestions/Critique For RDM Glamour - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Character Workshop (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Thread: Looking for Suggestions/Critique For RDM Glamour (/showthread.php?tid=18727)

Looking for Suggestions/Critique For RDM Glamour - Cota Orben - 03-03-2017

Hello all!

So, with Stormblood ... eh, 3 and a half months away, and Yoshi-P confirming that RDM is going to get caster gear (INT primary stat), I'm starting to gather together a few potential glamours for my RDM. I have two so far that I'm kind of pleased with, but I'd love some help on more/feedback on what I already have. The criteria I've come up with are as follows:

Before I go on, yes this is all subject to change - I know there'll be lots of glamours in Stormblood, and I'll be super excited to see what options are available - especially since I play an Au Ra and we'll be going to Othard. This is just me trying to nail down a few looks from the available items. Having a concept in mind for how I want my character to look ought to make subsequent glamouring easier. 

1. Legs open in the front. No robes that'd need to be pulled on overhead - I want as many overcoat/cloak/pants looks as possible. Knee-length skirts are fine, I just don't want something that'd be too restrictive. Can't have my character pulling off all of those fancy sword strikes and combos and tripping over her own robes. 

2. Modest skirts to pants only. There are a lot of skirt options in this game that, because they're paired with a longer top, are... less than modest, to say the least. My character's not exactly the type to go around in something that short, especially since she's got the gator tail which looks like it demolishes most of those super short skirts. 

3. No extra-elaborate fancy collars and ruffled sleeves. This is meant to be everyday travel/combat/exploration gear, not something to wear to a fancy ball. I know, I'm violating a RDM aesthetic rule when I say this, but I also wanna stand out a little bit. 

So, the two looks I have so far are as follows:

Archaeoskin Jackcoat of Gathering: This, coupled with the Dinosaur Leather Shoes, which are basically sneakers, really fits the roughing it aesthetic I'm going for, but I worry that it's a little TOO generic. Considering it could fit any class, not just casters. Plus, I don't like how the rope in the back (can't be seen in the shot) clips with my tail. But tail clipping is something I'll have to learn to deal with, I'm sure. 

http://imgur.com/a/7jq7n

This next one is a more Allagan-inspired RDM using the Replica Allagan top and High Allagan pants/boots. If I had to pick, I'd say I prefer this one because A: It's caster-specific and B: It doesn't have as many additions to it like the Jackcoat does. 

http://imgur.com/a/XkmEH

So, of these two, which do you prefer? Also, any thoughts for additional tops/boots/pants that would fit those criteria? 

Thanks in advance!

RE: Looking for Suggestions/Critique For RDM Glamour - Gegenji - 03-03-2017

Can I mention one of the reasons I like B is because it's red? For RDM? Blush

Also, just as a thing I'd like to throw out - just because you use one for your "main" glamour doesn't mean you can't keep the second set saved as a secondary RP outfit. So, for example, Option B could be your combat outfit - what your character is wearing when they're actually prepping for battle and the like. Meanwhile, Option A might be her more... common wear - what she is usually wearing when she's out and about and not really expecting a fight.

RE: Looking for Suggestions/Critique For RDM Glamour - Cota Orben - 03-03-2017

Option 1 is actually red too, but it's a much darker red. That's why I like option 2 more myself - the fabric dyes a much nicer Rolanberry red whereas option 1 just looks very weird when it's a lighter color. 

And I know that I can keep both, this is mostly just me looking for one that she'd wear a majority of the time.

RE: Looking for Suggestions/Critique For RDM Glamour - Gegenji - 03-03-2017

Then I think it's a matter of which one you would expect her to be wearing more often and for longer periods of time. I just went with the more combat-looking one because most folks glamour over their usual combat gear... and then keep the other outfits saved for just general RP use since you're likely not going to be doing any actual combat (or, at least, that's how I tend to do it).

However, if you don't want to be switching to your RP gear every time you get into an RP situation, maybe having the more casual as your glamour would be beneficial? I dunno. Blush

RE: Looking for Suggestions/Critique For RDM Glamour - Cota Orben - 03-03-2017

I don't mind switching too much (I have a hotbar off to the side where I keep a bunch of my gear sets anyway), so I'll probably just wind up doing that - use the Allagan set for glamour gear since I really like the aesthetic and have the jackcoat/some Othardian glamours as different RP outfits for different occasions - Assuming there are some Othardian/Doman/Mhigan outfits that I like enough to pursue when they're ridiculously expensive.

RE: Looking for Suggestions/Critique For RDM Glamour - Nero - 03-09-2017

I think Option 2 fits the aesthetic a bit more. Option 1 is a bit too utilitarian, and I think Red Mage is a bit too flashy for plain clothes.