Hydaelyn Role-Players
Amnesic's Characters and RP - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Amnesic's Characters and RP (/showthread.php?tid=18770)

Amnesic's Characters and RP - Amnesic - 03-06-2017

I. Basic Info
  • Characters: “Cotton” Fe’lanah, the Vagrant; Rhett, the Duke of the Isles; Myrrh Redleaf, the Moral Bandit
  • Primary character: I swap between all of them.
  • Linkshells: None.
  • Primary RP linkshell: None.

II. RP Style
  • Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
    I usually sway between medium and heavy, but recently I have really only been roleplaying on the RPC here. I usually like to stray away from having too many OOC break-ins during my roleplay.

• Views on RP combat and injuries:
    Sure, why not? My characters for FFXIV are not really combat-oriented, but should the situation comes to it, I will roll with it. As long as you let me know to what ends you hope to get to with it and we make some fair trades in the fight, I will have no problem. Of course, as it stands, you only have really one choice for a fair fight, because otherwise your character will be attacking adolescents.

• Views on character thoughts:
    In-game: I do not mind what you do, but I never do it in-game or in any faster paced RP session.
    On the Forums: I do it sometimes, mostly with Rhett, but I do not give all that much away. I keep the information slightly vague, as if it is a passage from a book that you do not exactly know the exposition to.

• Views on IC romance:
    To admit it, I am quite the hopeless romantic and most of what I listen to or read is highly related to love. As result, romance tends to be one of my favorite things in RP and they take realistic time to warm up to people. I prefer to avoid medium to heavy sexual themes in my romance, but that does not mean it is always “sickly sweet and Disney-esque”. But, I do like that kind of love story as well.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
    These things are perfectly fine with me, but a lot of discussion is going to have to be made if you want to be a family member of my characters because a lot of their story has to deal with their relatives and old friends. On other games, I actually had quite a few characters that would have been nice to have some family members, but the roleplay never really got around to those.

• Views on lore:
    I stick to the lore as often as possible, but I do bend the malleable areas and create my own lore in the grey areas if I have to. I’m not exactly a lore wizard, but I do quite a lot of research before I release any idea.

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
    In-Game: I tend to prefer using /say and /em for IC things, I tend to use LS and FC chat as either a source of question help or other general OOC things.
    On Forum: I stick to quotation marks for my dialogue, and any change in language will be done with italics, < >, parentheses, and rarely, bold.

III. Other Info
  • Timezone: EST or UTC-5, something like that.
  • Contact info: Just message on the forums, I check every day after all.

RE: Amnesic's Characters and RP - Amnesic - 03-06-2017

Here's some brief overviews of my characters (mostly what would go on their wiki) just so you can get the idea of them. I am currently working on a wiki page, but I'm holding off on releasing it until I get a satisfactory drawing done.

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

RE: Amnesic's Characters and RP - Amnesic - 03-06-2017

Announcements:

4/13/17: The recent emergence of some pretty severe health issues have kept me away longer than I had originally planned, and I'm afraid to say that I will be absent for a few more days longer at the least. I'll be keeping the threads unlocked, but I'm unsure as to when I shall be able to return.

~Feel free to message me about anything at all, especially my characters, or if you need, just post below this. I will check back from time to time.~

RE: Amnesic's Characters and RP - Amnesic - 03-07-2017

Updated with a bio blurb for Myrrh Redleaf and a short overview for Duke Rhett. It'll be a while before I get back around to condensing his. Apologies!

RE: Amnesic's Characters and RP - Amnesic - 03-09-2017

Made a few fixes and added a poll just to see how they work. I've never had much of a reason to use one, and I can't exactly take it down now. So, uh, it's there. Yeah.

RE: Amnesic's Characters and RP - Amnesic - 03-27-2017

Hurrah! I have gotten my latest character up for all to see! Wikis are coming, eventually, but for now I have to hope this is sufficient. Tongue

I'm currently working on getting some drawings of them done, so I can feel good about putting up a wiki page for each of them. (Myrrh needs a little reworking anyhow.)

RE: Amnesic's Characters and RP - Amnesic - 04-08-2017

Updated the announcements for my current situation; I'll have responses up for the threads tomorrow!