Hydaelyn Role-Players
Making FFXIV Gifs and Videos - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Making FFXIV Gifs and Videos (/showthread.php?tid=18781)

Making FFXIV Gifs and Videos - Trishelle - 03-07-2017

Hello all! I was interested in making gifs and videos (like all the cool kids xD), but had no real idea where to start! I know I might be limited by playing on a Dell laptop, but I at least want to try just in case there is a tool out there I can use! Thanks in advance! Heart

RE: Making FFXIV Gifs and Videos - Amnesic - 03-07-2017

From what I know, there is a free program (I think) called OBStudio that handles video and audio capture. I think it's usually the go-to these days. I've always used Fraps, but it's not free.
Adjust the graphics and free up some memory space, and you should be able to do recording on any system. Keep in mind that most video recording programs will likely have to limit your framerate on your side regardless of your system.

I know it's not much, but I hope it helps some. Big Grin

RE: Making FFXIV Gifs and Videos - Trishelle - 03-08-2017

(03-07-2017, 05:55 PM)Amnesic Wrote: From what I know, there is a free program (I think) called OBStudio that handles video and audio capture. I think it's usually the go-to these days. I've always used Fraps, but it's not free.
Adjust the graphics and free up some memory space, and you should be able to do recording on any system. Keep in mind that most video recording programs will likely have to limit your framerate on your side regardless of your system.

I know it's not much, but I hope it helps some. Big Grin

Oh yay!! Thanks so much! I've heard of OBStudio in the past, actually, just never knew that folks were actively using it! I'll look up some tutorials to make sure I use the optimal settings for my FFXIV setup! Thanks again! HeartHeart

RE: Making FFXIV Gifs and Videos - Teirra - 03-09-2017

My friend wrote this tutorial on Tumblr for those who want to start making FFXIV gifs. Hope it helps.

Personally I use Fraps and Photoshop CC 2016 to create animated gifs.

RE: Making FFXIV Gifs and Videos - Trishelle - 03-09-2017

(03-09-2017, 07:06 AM)Teirra Wrote: My friend wrote this tutorial on Tumblr for those who want to start making FFXIV gifs. Hope it helps.

Personally I use Fraps and Photoshop CC 2016 to create animated gifs.

Thanks so much for the tutorial, Aesthetic-senpai! :3 Theirs is actually one of the many edits I admire so much, so coming across this was an absolute treat!! Heart And I've only heard of Fraps, but never actually used it, myself! ^^; Thankfully I have Photoshop CC on hand! Big Grin

RE: Making FFXIV Gifs and Videos - Nebbs - 03-09-2017

If you have an Nvidia card check out Shadowplay that comes as part of the standard driver set.

I use that and then Microsoft's Movie Maker, simple enough for my needs.

For animated GIFs it depends what you want to do, there are lots of on line ones that will create them from movies or stills.