Hydaelyn Role-Players
RPC Census, Part V (Romance--CLOSED) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: RPC Census, Part V (Romance--CLOSED) (/showthread.php?tid=1879)

Pages: 1 2 3

RPC Census, Part V (Romance--CLOSED) - Kylin - 04-16-2013

This poll may be a bit 'odd' to some but it was in high demand and people were genuinely interested in the results. So please remember that we're all adults and please act as such. Should you be uncomfortable with this poll or disagree with it, you are free to not vote at all and wait for next week's poll. Alternatively, I've added a special option to the poll just for people if they still want to contribute without actually contributing (if that makes sense).

I've left the poll titled "romance" instead of "sexuality" because I feel it's a better indicator. One's orientation doesn't always have to be equated with sexual behavior and can instead just as easily refer to emotional attachment. As such, should you post details, please keep them appropriate for the forums. Nobody wants/needs to know how freaky your character may/may not get in the bedroom >.>. I'd personally suggest keeping posts mainly focused on what kind of characters (gender, personality, looks, etc) your character is attracted to. You may also want to post your character gender to further add to the results ^^.

Options are: heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, pansexual (still don't get the difference with this one to bisexual but added it anyway due to demand Tongue ), asexual, other, and no answer. Remember, this polls is aimed at what your character is, not what the player is.

RE: RPC Census, Part V (Romance) - Gerik - 04-16-2013

NEWSFLASH:
GERIK LIKES DUDES.

RE: RPC Census, Part V (Romance) - Kylin - 04-16-2013

I guess I'll start since I just realized I haven't posted in any of these yet for my characters -.-

Ky does indeed swing both ways. He does have an inclination to go for male over female though, but that's mostly because he has a "white knight complex" (is that even real? >.>; ) where he kind of has a very fatal attraction to the strong 'heroic' type. He's primarily drawn to hyur, followed by miqo'te, followed by elezen. He is not at all attracted to roegadyn or lalafell (sorry!). Basically, as a guy, all one has to do is be really nice and understanding of him and that's almost enough to warrant a crush xD. Add danger to the equation and he becomes even more fascinated with the guy (ie: mercenary, etc). Physically, they have to be well built (sorry scrawny dudes). Less scars is better, and good hair can't hurt Wink

Women are very different in regards to who Ky is attracted to. He likes women who are classy (ie: rich, fashionable, and well-mannered), strong-willed, and seductive. Physically, they generally need to be in good shape (some curves are okay). He likes long hair on women as well. Personality, anyone who's not a total biotch will do xD. Preferably motherly in nature though.

RE: RPC Census, Part V (Romance) - Kerr - 04-16-2013

Kerr (who is a guy) is considered bisexual by an extremely small margin. He greatly prefers men in his romantic relationships and tends to fall for them faster emotionally. With women, he forms very strong attachments. And while he can (/cough) 'participate' in bed with a woman, he finds them emotionally frightening. Every woman from his past that he has loved has died a violent death -- two he considers himself responsible for. 

He tends to feel that women bring more trouble to him than they are overall worth, yet he can never turn them away when they need help as women have shaped most of his life. However, due to his complex, it is difficult for him to form deep, lasting relationships with them. IE: they get friend-zoned a lot. It would take a very extraordinary woman to hold his heart long enough to have him commit to a formal relationship.

RE: RPC Census, Part V (Romance) - Xenedra - 04-16-2013

I haven't answered to one of these thingies yet either, but Xenedra finally doesn't fall exactly under a category, so I figured I'd ramble a little:

Xenedra. Likes. Men. A lot. Whether it's as a sexual partner or for simple conversation, she generally finds the company of men superior to that of women. She finds most women to be too shallow, or silly, or stuck up for her to get along with, but ALSO realizes that she can be all of these things and would probably annoy herself if there were two of her. She accepts her hypocrisy fully! Men don't bicker about silly woman things and she appreciates this. At least half the time they're likely to be nicer to her because she is an attractive female and not only does she appreciates this, but she uses it to her advantage!

HOWEVER! There have been cases where she is fond enough of a woman where she might consider sleeping with them for a bit of fun. In general, she uses sex as a tool for pleasure instead of a means of lovey-dovey intimacy. Thusly, women (and transgendered, etc, etc) are not completely ruled out of her "sure, I'd hit it" equation and she has no problem with flirting with them publicly as well. Race is also not a factor in her choices for a partner, though she does tend to lean toward Hyur and Elezen for purely aesthetic reasons.

Still, I would list her as heterosexual because she actively seeks out male partners, but not female ones.

RE: RPC Census, Part V (Romance) - Eva - 04-16-2013

I cast my vote for Eva (who is a duskwight elezen woman) for heterosexual - however it may be more accurate to say that she has very mild bi-curious tendencies. She prefers men, though has not actually been with very many, and has never been with another woman. Those men that she has been with have all been elezen, which suits her preference and upbringing. She also feels a strong physical attraction to roegadyn men but kind of dismisses the notion of being with one as something girlish and silly. She has on occasion also felt a strong physical attraction towards hyur men (usually highlanders but not always), and more rugged lalafell men on occasion as well. She generally does not express any sexual interest in miqo'te men, however was at one time surprised by strong impulses towards a miqo'te woman. While Eva was unattached at the time, nothing ever came of this attraction for a multitude of reasons.

While there are too many factors to go into any great detail in one post, the quality she finds most attractive in a prospective mate is kindness. She also seems to generally be drawn towards more submissive men. As with many things there is always an exception, and her relationship with Oskar (who is pretty well regarded by most who knew him to exhibit about as much kindness as a flu virus) was something of an anomoly in this regard, though she loved him fiercely in spite of that and will probably continue to mourn his passing well into ARR - at least to some degree.

As far as her friendships go, she holds no preference whatsoever and considers herself friendly with men and women of all five races, not placing any above or below another.

RE: RPC Census, Part V (Romance) - Noelle - 04-16-2013

Remi is homosexual. Which I believe for those who know the character is one of the things fairly well known about her.
For her, sexual orientation has always been a defining part of who she is, I think, and she doesn't really tip-toe around the matter when it comes up. She doesn't dislike attention from either gender, but makes it pretty clear where she stands.

As for what she looks for... Well, she has broad tastes I guess. >u>;;
But then her standards are also pretty high, and she has no real place for people who are quick to violence or brash in nature, prefering those with dispositions on the opposite end of the spectrum.

Um... Races! She'd probably put them in order something like~ Hyur, Miqo', Elezen, Roegadyn...

Haha! While writing this Xenedra posted, which I find amusing 'cause Remi's something like the opposite. She finds males typically shallow, predictable and dull and contrastingly women far more interesting and exciting.
That said, male friends tend to make far more stable long term companions on the non-sexual side.

RE: RPC Census, Part V (Romance) - Gospel Gestalt - 04-16-2013

Gospel is asexual. If we went by a black and white description of his sexuality, he would be labeled as heterosexual but just because he prefers women, that does not mean he is attracted to them. It's actually rather tough to go into detail describing why he's exactly like this but for as long as he can remember, he's pretty much always been this way. If people flirt with Gospel he'll usually reply with kindhearted disinterest. However, there have been people in the past who have actively managed to pull him into brief relationships. Sadly, these flings never lasted longer than a few suns, mainly do Gospel's overall disinterest and lack of passion towards his suitor, which ultimately resulted in his few known lover's hearts to break.

RE: RPC Census, Part V (Romance) - Rhashi Nefhys - 04-16-2013

Haha! I am the first who went with "other" Laugh

Rhashi hasn't decided yet and at this point I think "scared" would fit best.

RE: RPC Census, Part V (Romance) - Lenana - 04-16-2013

Leanna is bi. She really doesn't care which gender you are, as long as you are friendly and committed.

Races? She'd prefer Lalafell, since taller races are a bit intimidating. (She'll be friends with them, but... Lalafell are more her style.) Looks don't matter to her, really.

RE: RPC Census, Part V (Romance) - E'irawen - 04-16-2013

Despite K'aworu has no experience at all, I tried to answer based on how I feel he'd end up, which would be homosexual. That said, he's not actually..actively hunting or anything. I don't know that he's actually interested in relationships or anything.

[After writing that, I've a feeling I should've technically picked asexual, but whatever.]

RE: RPC Census, Part V (Romance) - AeroCura - 04-16-2013

Um.. M'kheda likes girls but is SUPER shy around the cute ones..  Blush

haha Thumbsup

RE: RPC Census, Part V (Romance) - Aysun - 04-16-2013

(04-16-2013, 09:00 PM)AeroCura Wrote: Um.. M'kheda likes girls but is SUPER shy around the cute ones..  Blush

haha Thumbsup

I was just super confused. I thought you said M'hleaka, which is Aysun's stage name. I was like WUT?

XDD

RE: RPC Census, Part V (Romance) - AeroCura - 04-16-2013

(04-16-2013, 09:03 PM)Aysun Wrote:
(04-16-2013, 09:00 PM)AeroCura Wrote: Um.. M'kheda likes girls but is SUPER shy around the cute ones..  Blush

haha Thumbsup

I was just super confused. I thought you said M'hleaka, which is Aysun's stage name. I was like WUT?

XDD
ahaha that would b weird if we picked the same name Tongue  almost tho  >.>  <.<

great minds? o snap  :0

RE: RPC Census, Part V (Romance) - Alothia - 04-16-2013

Alothia would classify herself as heterosexual. She tends to admire the male form and generally have emotional connections with males.

Now, I wouldn't put it past her to consider a female were a connection of that nature to be established, but it hasn't happened yet, and I think the chances of it happening are slim to none.

So Alothia is heterosexual.