Hydaelyn Role-Players
RPC Census, Part V (Romance--CLOSED) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: RPC Census, Part V (Romance--CLOSED) (/showthread.php?tid=1879)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: RPC Census, Part V (Romance) - Robromance - 04-16-2013

In any case, Estera is asexual/panromantic. Not that it'd be easy for anyone to get close enough to her for romance to develop, but she really doesn't have a preference towards any race/gender/body type in particular. You just have to respect her need for personal space and preferably think that hunting together is a fantastic date activity and also not be afraid to confront her about her emotions or past but you'd have to be REALLY close for her to tolerate that.

RE: RPC Census, Part V (Romance) - Rhio - 04-17-2013

Rhio is attracted to people. Mild details like gender don't enter into that.

One could argue that this isn't technically the case; she's got a soft spot for shy, silly, and dignified men, which isn't really true in the inverse. But the mechanics are less important as a rule. If she meets a person whom she's attracted to, she will pursue them and worry about matters between the sheets at a later date. That makes her pansexual by any standard you care to use.

RE: RPC Census, Part V (Romance) - Knave - 04-17-2013

Ban identifies best with demiromantic/pansexual. 

Lately, I've imagined that unfortunately being a miqo'te male (Keeper of the Moon, there's an added pressure of being much rarer) for him often evokes (invokes?) a feeling of shame in regards to his sexuality and he feels he should be obligated to seek out sexual relationships with women more often. In that regard, would he present himself as hypersexual but has trouble in the bedroom, or as an indifferent asexual?

RE: RPC Census, Part V (Romance) - Valan - 04-17-2013

Sarah is bisexual, even if prefer the company of a woman with a larger bust (envy?
compensation? Huh) but she can also develop a romantic relationship with a male[/ltr]

RE: RPC Census, Part V (Romance) - Lilszee - 04-17-2013

Being as I'm about as gay as a unicorn dancing under a double rainbow with a bunch of fairies, flowers, and probably a few scented candles with just a bit of flannel, Winter is going to be rather gay. Sadly (by which I mean not sadly at all) my player tendencies are going to reflect a bit in my character if I play her for so long. My experiments with playing bisexual (and one or two straight) characters always left me feeling a bit on the "eeeeh" side.

Races, well, probably any, though, again, I'm sure my own biases will show, and some roegadyn woman will totally catch my eye.

Also

Quote:One's orientation doesn't always have to be equated with sexual behavior and can instead just as easily refer to emotional attachment.

Major kudos.

RE: RPC Census, Part V (Romance) - Manari - 04-17-2013

I've been having a bit of trouble putting my exact thoughts on Manari's sexuality into words. I can easily give you the TL;DR version, though. Manari has had strong feelings for both men and women. For that reason I had to choose bisexual, because she has been with both men and women at some point.

Manari's own IC thoughts on the matter aren't so black and white. The way she was raised, the way her tribe had to be, romantic relationships with woman and men couldn't happen. There were just not many men in her Keeper of the Moon tribe. As such, women being with other women was common and something that wasn't really looked at as making you gay or bisexual.

Manari certainly and absolutely perfers to be with a man over a woman. She has, however, found comfort in the arms of women after relationships with men didn't turn out so well, and has actually fallen deeply in love with one particular woman at one point, which is the sole reason I felt I needed to choose bisexual.

Currently she is extremely happy in a relationship with a man, one of her own race no less, which means a lot to her.

RE: RPC Census, Part V (Romance) - Arlon - 04-17-2013

Uruvion(duskwight male elezen) will be mostly hetero with a little bi curiosity. He is attracted to women but he has found that he is also attracted slightly to very kind and gentle men. He has been married once, his first and only long term relationship throughout his life, which ended badly.

His race preferences are Miqo'te, Elezen, Hyur, Rogadyn, Lalafell. In that order.

RE: RPC Census, Part V (Romance) - Blue - 04-17-2013

I always imagined Jet'a to be heterosexual. Coming from a matriarchal society such as the Keepers of the Moon, Jet'a grew and was educated to look at females as superior to him. He knows that he cannot carry over the tribe's name with his offspring (since both male and females do not take any part of the father's name, according to the naming conventions), and as such as little interest in mating, and any romance he'd experience would have him being very submissive to any woman he'd be with, or respectful if we want.

As such he probably is too devout to the importance of women to 'dislike' them in terms of sexual orientation, but at the same time, he is too respectful of them to make the first move in a relationship. This doesn't mean he'd feel obliged to accept a female's attentions if they started to, how to say, 'hit on' him. Being the strict and focused man he is, he'd likely avoid, however as kind as possible, any interested partner that wouldn't show the seriousness to carry on a stable relationship. He isn't the one-night-time type.

As for Blue... She has to figure it all out still, so I didn't vote on her behalf.

RE: RPC Census, Part V (Romance) - Fearless - 04-17-2013

I voted heterosexual for Fearless.  He loves the ladies that's for sure.  He is your typical red blooded male, enjoying the many /qualities/ females have to offer.  This does not mean he views women as just things to have fun with.  No no no he has a deep respect for women, admiring not only their beauty but also their strength, their knowledge of things, and other things.

As for romance, Fear has a tendency for going after girls that you probably wouldn't take home to meet mom but that doesn't mean he hasn't had the "good" girlfriend they just tend to just disappear. 

His upbringing in a small community never exposed him to the other options or they were kept hidden really well.  So when he entered the world, the notion of other relations and such shocked him but over time he grew to see it as a norm and respect the people and their decision.  To each their own.

Fearless has been flirted with by other males and I know some who have crushes on him.  In response to these he has either politely declined their advances or he ran. [it was a pretty comical sight]

One question I do have, what about a bromance? Does that go under other?  Fear has a really strong bromance with a Corvus member, who happens to be gay but Fear doesn't know that.

RE: RPC Census, Part V (Romance) - ArmachiA - 04-17-2013

Armi is Heterosexual.

As for her type... hmmm I've never actually thought about it, so that's an interesting thought process. I personally prefer Highlander males and Miqote Males, but I'm not sure Armi would make such a preference. When it comes to race, Armi is equal opportunity.

When it comes to personality... Armi is witty and funny but she's not super outgoing (She's my opposite in that respect, I'm very loud mouthed and outgoing, she's more pulled back. Not shy, just a bit reserved), so I think someone who would bring out that silly side of her would be attractive to her. Guys who can make her laugh and seem to have a light heart would be her favorite type. If they are too dark, she becomes almost motherly and stops seeing them as a perspective mate and more of someone who needs to be taken care of. She has a bit of melancholy in her herself so I think she believes that people who are too dark would have the power to drag her down with them, so she'll help but not get too close. Those who are lighthearted she admires, I think.

Yeah, that sounds about right XD

RE: RPC Census, Part V (Romance) - John Spiegel - 04-17-2013

JJ's straight. Wife died 20 years before ARR (somewhere near Ala Mihgo is my idea, whatever. I'll figure it out.). His twins are 33 and 38 (one's a time-jumper like JJ!). JJ was never effective with words and unless it is pretty blunt, flirting doesn't phase JJ. Actually, no turn-of-phrase works well with JJ as that he foils them. 

I recall a RP where someone asked of JJ was in "distress", partly because I'm a smartass and partly because JJ is silly, JJ replied "I'm not in a dress!". Since his youth, though, he knows when women are coming on to him. He'll still play the innocent boy, though, cause that's part of JJ: Silly bastard till someone needs to be bashed. (Wam, blam, straight to the moon!)

RE: RPC Census, Part V (Romance) - Gideon Aryeh - 04-18-2013

Reese will be bisexual. He mainly is into women but will date a very effeminate pretty male and beautiful transgender. Most of the time he is what I like to call alpha-beta. He is an alpha male with beta male sensibilities and kindness. Does he have the male alpha ego- absolutely but he doesn't mind being rescued himself here and there and can get quite bored with arm candy that doesn't have anything else to offer. He also takes his male role seriously no matter the situation and will not deal with anyone romantically that has any masculinity to them. Again even if they are male they have to be so feminine and beautiful as well as feminine acting that they could get male attention. Reese is not the type to act like he is not interested in these cases as most alpha males would. The only race he would not date is Lalafell's unless they really impressed him from a personality standpoint. Same goes for any race larger than Hyurs. He himself is a Highlander.

RE: RPC Census, Part V (Romance) - Aysun - 04-18-2013

Welp, finally chose. Aysun is, for all intents and purposes, heterosexual. While she's had a relationship with a woman in the past, she is not attracted to them as a bisexual is, and that was sort of a fluke that happened for a combination of reasons.

RE: RPC Census, Part V (Romance) - Paradyme - 04-18-2013

Rolled into Bisexual. Paradyme finds both men and women attractive. He's been with women, and ended up with a man. Unsure what that says about him, but... Ah, well. *Le shrug*

RE: RPC Census, Part V (Romance) - Myal - 04-19-2013

Myal is exclusively romantically attracted to the opposite gender. She mostly gravitates towards strong-looking, decisive men (Raubahn Aldynn is completely her type; if only he's a miqo'te...).

This attraction is only skin deep, however. She has no romantic experience whatsoever emotionally and any sexual suggestion would scare her away.