Hydaelyn Role-Players
Kind of new to RP and FFXIV, How's it going? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Kind of new to RP and FFXIV, How's it going? (/showthread.php?tid=18838)

Kind of new to RP and FFXIV, How's it going? - Kohaku - 03-13-2017

Intro to Me:
So I've never really done RP before (online) but its always been something I've really wanted to do but have been held back by being a bit shy or whatever, you know? Nonetheless tomorrow I transfer to Balmung (currently in Faerie) and i'm fairly new to the game as well. I plan to become a Bard if able and am currently only level 16 archer. I've played quite a few MMO's so I'm familiar enough with the style just not entirely FFXIV. ex: Black Desert, Tera, Blade and Soul.

So I have a little background doing some RP through DnD with friends, and it was extremely fun and that seems like the real point to an MMO right? To become someone else.  Big Grin

Character:
My character is Au Ra and I kinda have the idea for her story to be from a family of Au Ra who have a prejudice against the other races and are really prideful about their noble blood believing they descended from dragons, and as a child she grew to become friends with one of the Miqo-te and was scolded for it leading her to leave her family off on her own a few years later. (thats as far as I've really thought about it UndecidedTongue)

Her name is Aoi also! I'd like her to be headstrong, funny, independent and caring.

RE: Kind of new to RP and FFXIV, How's it going? - Ligardian Dreamer - 03-14-2017

Hello and welcome-Awww cute avatar pic T/w/T

Yeah, it can be a bit of a pickle for shy people like us. Maybe see if going on Roleplay Events will help you in easy so that you don't have to feel like fishing desperately for rp without going too far out your comfort zone... Not that anyone will bite you for it long as you follow rp etiqutte ^^

Aww I wanna get more in DND QWQ

Aww sounds like a cute Au Ra <3

Have fun! And may the path you choose be filled with the light of the crystal!

RE: Kind of new to RP and FFXIV, How's it going? - ClearCubes - 03-14-2017

(03-13-2017, 11:55 PM)Kohaku Wrote: Intro to Me:
So I've never really done RP before (online) but its always been something I've really wanted to do but have been held back by being a bit shy or whatever, you know? Nonetheless tomorrow I transfer to Balmung (currently in Faerie) and i'm fairly new to the game as well. I plan to become a Bard if able and am currently only level 16 archer. I've played quite a few MMO's so I'm familiar enough with the style just not entirely FFXIV. ex: Black Desert, Tera, Blade and Soul.

So I have a little background doing some RP through DnD with friends, and it was extremely fun and that seems like the real point to an MMO right? To become someone else.  Big Grin

Character:
My character is Au Ra and I kinda have the idea for her story to be from a family of Au Ra who have a prejudice against the other races and are really prideful about their noble blood believing they descended from dragons, and as a child she grew to become friends with one of the Miqo-te and was scolded for it leading her to leave her family off on her own a few years later. (thats as far as I've really thought about it UndecidedTongue)

Her name is Aoi also! I'd like her to be headstrong, funny, independent and caring.

I was in pretty much the same predicament as you, although I never RP'd. If you wish please message me and I can teach you about the game and we can accompany each other to public events which, by the way, is probably the easiest way to find small role play among strangers.

Wyznwyta is a scholarly type, and loves to fish hng, but he meshes well with most people so maybe we can figure something out.

RE: Kind of new to RP and FFXIV, How's it going? - Ririla Rila - 03-14-2017

Welcome to the RPC! dive right into the weird and wonderful world of roleplay!

RE: Kind of new to RP and FFXIV, How's it going? - Thunderbolt300 - 03-14-2017

Hey there, and welcome aboard to the RPC, FFXIV, and to Balmung! Thumbsup

At least Aoi has good racial taste in friends. Wink

In any case, if you're looking to get off the ground in a hurry, I'd recommend tossing up a post in the Making Connections forums once you have an idea of what direction you want to head into with Aoi! There's a lot of niches out there- anything from knowledge seekers, treasure hunters, clans, and even the mob.