Hydaelyn Role-Players
Howdy everyone! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Howdy everyone! (/showthread.php?tid=18859)

Howdy everyone! - khaliasama - 03-15-2017

Hello there!

I've been playing FFXIV for a couple of years now and I am by no means new to RP but I finally decided to stop being so nervous and kind of slowly try step into the RP scene here.

MMORPG background:
I've played quite a few in the past few years! Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Wildstar, and WoW to all sorts of varying degrees and intensities before finally making FFXIV my new MMO home.

RP experience:
I've been RPing for years on and off for several years. Used to do a lot of forum RP and RP on Skype and the like. I also play a fair bit of D&D, having been involved in a few campaigns in the last 3 years. However the last MMO I RPed in was Guild Wars 2 so it's been a while!

Character ideas/info:
I have four characters total, a main that's sort of fleshed out and 3 others that I have vague ideas for. The main focus of mine is my first character, Moriko Kimura, who's basic story is that she's enlisted with the Maelstrom as a diplomat. Her primary job is strengthening the ties between them and the friendly beast tribes.

How did you learn about the coalition?
Well I found the wiki first forever ago and literally just realized there was a forum attached to it so uh...yeah haha...

What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?
Medium to heavy I suppose? I really enjoy the paragraph style of RP (I guess it's also called 'novel style?' I'm not actually sure whoopsie).

Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing?
I do lots of art! I love to draw, especially when it comes to depicting goofy things that have happened in game. I've also have one dog and one cat and they're both big dumbs and I love them a lot.

That's just about it! I have zero idea of what I'm doing and look forward to chatting people up in the future!

RE: Howdy everyone! - ClearCubes - 03-15-2017

(03-15-2017, 07:11 PM)khaliasama Wrote: Hello there!

I've been playing FFXIV for a couple of years now and I am by no means new to RP but I finally decided to stop being so nervous and kind of slowly try step into the RP scene here.

MMORPG background:
I've played quite a few in the past few years! Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Wildstar, and WoW to all sorts of varying degrees and intensities before finally making FFXIV my new MMO home.

RP experience:
I've been RPing for years on and off for several years. Used to do a lot of forum RP and RP on Skype and the like. I also play a fair bit of D&D, having been involved in a few campaigns in the last 3 years. However the last MMO I RPed in was Guild Wars 2 so it's been a while!

Character ideas/info:
I have four characters total, a main that's sort of fleshed out and 3 others that I have vague ideas for. The main focus of mine is my first character, Moriko Kimura, who's basic story is that she's enlisted with the Maelstrom as a diplomat. Her primary job is strengthening the ties between them and the friendly beast tribes.

Well I found the wiki first forever ago and literally just realized there was a forum attached to it so uh...yeah haha...

Medium to heavy I suppose? I really enjoy the paragraph style of RP (I guess it's also called 'novel style?' I'm not actually sure whoopsie).

I do lots of art! I love to draw, especially when it comes to depicting goofy things that have happened in game. I've also have one dog and one cat and they're both big dumbs and I love them a lot.

That's just about it! I have zero idea of what I'm doing and look forward to chatting people up in the future!

Welcome to the club! Most are nervous messes at the beginning of it all. If you wanna take the leap tonight I'll be going to some public events tonight, send me a pm! I could rant about all sorts of stuff but the on the fly RP with both strangers and friends is really really thrilling, even if it's just the small interactions with hosts at events. Anyway I think I've derailed at this point.

Good luck!

RE: Howdy everyone! - SafetyGoggles - 03-15-2017

Hello and welcome! Diplomat character sounds really cool. Would be happy to do with you at some point.

RE: Howdy everyone! - Amnesic - 03-15-2017

Hey there! Welcome to the RPC and the RP scene! We all started out nervous at some point or another, but it goes away after a while.

To answer your statement on the RP style section, where I originally came from it was called "para", but I don't really know if there is a different termination here to be honest. Tongue

Anywho, if you'd ever be interested in forum RP, that's mostly my focus these days. I do already have a character who understands some beastspeak and does travel around a lot, so he could end up in Limsa at some point. Aside from that, I have a character idea I'm considering possibly being in the Maelstrom, if not just a local. Just send me a message if you feel like it!

And before I forget...Enjoy your stay!

RE: Howdy everyone! - Amnesic - 03-15-2017

Edit: Aw, how did this double post? Blush

RE: Howdy everyone! - khaliasama - 03-15-2017

(03-15-2017, 07:32 PM)ClearCubes Wrote:
(03-15-2017, 07:11 PM)khaliasama Wrote: Hello there!

MMORPG background:

RP experience:

Character ideas/info:

Welcome to the club! Most are nervous messes at the beginning of it all. If you wanna take the leap tonight I'll be going to some public events tonight, send me a pm! I could rant about all sorts of stuff but the on the fly RP with both strangers and friends is really really thrilling, even if it's just the small interactions with hosts at events. Anyway I think I've derailed at this point.

Good luck!

Ahh that's true! I'm a little busy tonight with other things so I can't join you at those events but I'm always up for planning future things!

(03-15-2017, 07:39 PM)Noh Wrote: Hello and welcome! Diplomat character sounds really cool. Would be happy to do with you at some point.

Thank you! It took me a little while to figure out that diplomat was the way I wanted to go with her. Mostly I just needed to find some excuse to do stuff involving the beast tribes because I REALLY LOVE THEM in game. I'd be happy to try and set things up in the future!

(03-15-2017, 08:23 PM)Amnesic Wrote: Hey there! Welcome to the RPC and the RP scene! We all started out nervous at some point or another, but it goes away after a while.

To answer your statement on the RP style section, where I originally came from it was called "para", but I don't really know if there is a different termination here to be honest. Tongue

Anywho, if you'd ever be interested in forum RP, that's mostly my focus these days. I do already have a character who understands some beastspeak and does travel around a lot, so he could end up in Limsa at some point. Aside from that, I have a character idea I'm considering possibly being in the Maelstrom, if not just a local. Just send me a message if you feel like it!

And before I forget...Enjoy your stay!

Thank you for the welcome! I've always been more familiar with the term 'para' but I have heard 'novel' thrown around a little before. It's been a few years since I was invested in a RP scene so I'm not sure if any terms have changed or whatnot since my last involvement haha.

I'd love to try and set something up in the future! Anything just to try and ease myself back into this so I'll try to take you up on that! x)

RE: Howdy everyone! - Ligardian Dreamer - 03-16-2017

Hello and welcome!

The Making Connections forum might help you further in stepping into the rp scene. And no rush. You can also check out the events at the Calendar to help you further without having to wait for someone to respond or to go up and *gulp* ask someone for rp *shudder* (Just kidding, I'm sure you'll find plenty of people more than willing to have a chance to rp with someone like you =3 )

May the path you choose be filled with the light of the crystal!

RE: Howdy everyone! - Thunderbolt300 - 03-16-2017

Hey there and welcome aboard the RPC and the RP scene! Thumbsup

Diplomat, eh? Not one I've seen around a lot so far. If you're looking to get off the ground and running in a hurry, toss up a Making Connections post and see where it goes!

RE: Howdy everyone! - Deahfel - 03-16-2017

Hello and welcome to the RPC and Balmung! A diplomat for the grand companies now that is a character idea I have not heard yet! Sounds very interesting to play when you get into the political game of Eorzea. It definitely seems like most people go straight to violence at least in the circles I run in so I may have to come take some lessons from you on how to be more of a diplomat.

Hope to see you around for some RP sometime!

RE: Howdy everyone! - khaliasama - 03-17-2017

(03-16-2017, 12:52 AM)Ligardian Dreamer Wrote: Hello and welcome!

The Making Connections forum might help you further in stepping into the rp scene. And no rush. You can also check out the events at the Calendar to help you further without having to wait for someone to respond or to go up and *gulp* ask someone for rp *shudder* (Just kidding, I'm sure you'll find plenty of people more than willing to have a chance to rp with someone like you =3 )

May the path you choose be filled with the light of the crystal!

(03-16-2017, 09:33 AM)Thunderbolt300 Wrote: Hey there and welcome aboard the RPC and the RP scene! Thumbsup

Diplomat, eh? Not one I've seen around a lot so far. If you're looking to get off the ground and running in a hurry, toss up a Making Connections post and see where it goes!

Ah! Thank you both for the welcome and the suggestion! I'll be sure to try and poke my head in there at some point and see what I can find. x)

(03-16-2017, 11:10 AM)Deahfel Wrote: Hello and welcome to the RPC and Balmung! A diplomat for the grand companies now that is a character idea I have not heard yet! Sounds very interesting to play when you get into the political game of Eorzea. It definitely seems like most people go straight to violence at least in the circles I run in so I may have to come take some lessons from you on how to be more of a diplomat.

Hope to see you around for some RP sometime!

Ahhh thank you! It's going to be interesting to try and play a diplomat because this is probably the first one I've ever made. I just mostly really wanted a somewhat realistic reason to have my character interacting with beast tribes since they're my favorite part of FFXIV.