Hydaelyn Role-Players
Avalon [Mateus] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Linkshell Hall (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Forum: Chronicles (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Thread: Avalon [Mateus] (/showthread.php?tid=18929)

Avalon [Mateus] - Kylin - 03-23-2017

[Image: logo.png]

Show Content

Summary

General Info: Avalon is a "heavy" RP community located on the Mateus server. The term 'heavy' in this instance refers to two things: 1) RP over the main chat and at RP events is meant to almost entirely be IC (in character). OOC (out of character) should be limited over the main chat (generally the linkshell or /say at RP events), and marked in parenthesis when it is absolutely needed. 2) We are a lore heavy group. While we don't mind bending lore here and there, we draw the line very strictly at certain concepts. Playing an unoriginal character (like the Sultana, etc), royalty, aliens, etc is frowned upon in this group. We also avoid playing the "warrior of light" angle, since we're all adventurers from different walks of life with our own unique storylines that do not necessitate being 'saviors of Eorzea.'

Theme: Avalon's theme revolves around history/artifact preservation. Its role is to find and preserve the myriads of historical artifacts across Eorzea and beyond. Please note that the use of the term "artifact" in this group does not necessarily equate to something magical in nature. An artifact can easily be some random item belonging to a person, group, or culture that helps tell a story. The main goal of the group is to preserve memories of the past for forgotten/unknown heroes, lost cultures, and stories untold. Avalon generally puts these artifacts on display in its museum in order to share said memories.

Character Types: Avalon takes on various excavations, some more dangerous than others, and mingle with a wide spectrum of Eorzea's denizens, tribes, and environments. To accomplish their goals, the group employs a wide variety of different people. Mercenary types are needed for protection during outings, scholars are needed for artifact studying and/or language barriers with beast tribes, Disciples of Land are needed for digging up artifacts, Disciples of Hand are needed for building museum displays, wealthy characters are needed for continued funding. The list goes on and a large spectrum of character types can easily make their home in Avalon.

Additional Options: For those who wish to delve even deeper into Avalon's RP, we also have a secondary group within the shadows known as the Order of Stormguard. This secret society has existed for over 900 years unknown to the general populace and serves as the guardians of a very powerful relic. Members of the Stormguard are all branded with an identical tattoo in order to identify one another. Taking part in this underbelly portion of the group is completely optional, but offers an entirely new layer to add on top of the already extensive RP options we offer.

Goals: Our goal with this group is to create a foundation for character stories and promote individual growth. We do this by creating a massive library of historical content to draw from and to add to, providing ample room for the creation of individual storylines. We want you, the player, to forge your own stories that mesh together with both the larger group and with Hydaelyn at large. While there may at times be a "main storyline," it is not meant to be more than a uniting factor. We strongly promote individual and creative freedom so that your characters can grow and change endlessly.

RE: Avalon - Kylin - 04-22-2017

Edit: Due to the server lockdown and new server vote, Avalon has made minor alterations for its direction. Recruitment is open as of this time. We are looking into new projects to assist in the building of a self-sustaining RP community on Mateus (such as a weekly IC tourist event for newbies to help give them an early excuse to interact with others in an IC fashion).

RE: Avalon [Mateus] - Vexander - 05-20-2017

Back on World of Warcraft I used to do a number of Reliquary/Explorer's League events and such for folks, so this has caught my curiosity! I'd love to talk to you folks further and compare notes. I love the general idea, though the time-frame attached to excavations is something I'm a bit wary of, as artificial time barriers killed more RP than it created, from my experience.

RE: Avalon [Mateus] - Jeanne IX - 05-20-2017

(04-22-2017, 09:37 AM)Kylin Wrote: (such as a weekly IC tourist event for newbies to help give them an early excuse to interact with others in an IC fashion).
While I like the idea for this FC quite a bit, it's probably not the best fit for my character. However, what I quoted here sounds wonderful! I know I'd attend!

RE: Avalon [Mateus] - Seira Moonpetal - 05-25-2017

(04-22-2017, 09:37 AM)Kylin Wrote: Edit: Due to the server lockdown and new server vote, Avalon has made minor alterations for its direction. Recruitment is open as of this time. We are looking into new projects to assist in the building of a self-sustaining RP community on Mateus (such as a weekly IC tourist event for newbies to help give them an early excuse to interact with others in an IC fashion).
I'd be interested in checking in at the IC tourist event.

RE: Avalon [Mateus] - Kylin - 06-09-2017

We are temporarily closing recruitment until June 23rd. We've had a massive influx of new members at an extremely fast pace, and thus want to give time for everyone to get to know one another before expanding further. We'd also like to have some 'us' time for Stormblood early access and launch.

In other news, we've had our first successful public event (the Ul'dah tour) in which just about everyone who attended learned something new about Ul'dah in general. We'll look to do another city tour for either Gridania or Limsa in about a month's time. Our first big excavation project is planned and set to go, though we've collectively agreed to push it back until post-Stormblood launch. We've also laid foundation for member-made content in order to promote event creation and member involvement by non-officers. And of course, we have random RP going on in between.

Thanks to all who have supported Avalon and/or Mateus thus far! Things are definitely picking up!

RE: Avalon [Mateus] - Kylin - 06-23-2017

Recruitment has been reopened, as previously promised for this date. We've also added two new recruiters to the mix and have plans in the next 2-3 months to add two new officers (for a total of three) and maintain 2-3 recruiters.

Current list of contacts for recruitment questions:
Zacriel Mavanix (or Freya Mavanix)
Sera Felstar
Felix Blackthorne
Rider Servus

Edit: I also forgot to mention that we've decided to start stripping down our forums a bit in favor of Discord to get with the times. Our website/forums will largely be to display information and handle applications rather than any kind of discussions. Therefore, there may be a variety of gradual changes made to the website to reflect this over time.

RE: Avalon [Mateus] - TheStampede - 06-24-2017

(06-23-2017, 10:47 AM)Hey!So I'm on Balmaug right now, and I am, without a doubt, over the 3,000+ people wait to get into the server. I hate to lose RP though, as Balmaug seems to be the best place for it. How's your experience on Mateus been for RP/the server in general? Kylin Wrote: Recruitment has been reopened, as previously promised for this date. We've also added two new recruiters to the mix and have plans in the next 2-3 months to add two new officers (for a total of three) and maintain 2-3 recruiters.

Current list of contacts for recruitment questions:
Zacriel Mavanix (or Freya Mavanix)
Sera Felstar
Felix Blackthorne
Rider Servus

Edit: I also forgot to mention that we've decided to start stripping down our forums a bit in favor of Discord to get with the times. Our website/forums will largely be to display information and handle applications rather than any kind of discussions. Therefore, there may be a variety of gradual changes made to the website to reflect this over time.

RE: Avalon [Mateus] - Seraphine Felstar - 06-24-2017

I'm both an officer of Avalon and the RolePlay Mateus Community. Right now the RPM (Roleplay Mateus LS) are about 400 members strong, but that's just our one role play group. There are also several others popping up on the server too. There is both a Mateus Roleplayers and general Mateus RP community discord that is very active. Right now we are the fastest growing server on Aether, so you will have no problem finding RP! That said, everyone is pretty busy with the expansion pack at the moment so most large community events seem to be on hold. I'm guessing that'll change in about a week. 

As for Avalon, we have a great group of very active and friendly roleplayers. Everyone is very willing to lend each other a hand when it comes to content and helping each other progress. Our company has 24 hour buffs, chocobo stables, crafting stations, all NPC's and several other amenities to help out our members. We almost have our first airship complete and have plans to get that going after SB so we can have company payouts. We usually have some RP going on at the FC in the evenings, and more planned once more people reach 70. Our first storyline event is coming around the 3rd of next month and I am planning an RP event for sometime this month too. We are a heavy roleplay group and so you'll never want for RP with us!