Hydaelyn Role-Players
RPC Census, Part VI (Family--CLOSED) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: RPC Census, Part VI (Family--CLOSED) (/showthread.php?tid=1919)

Pages: 1 2 3

RPC Census, Part VI (Family--CLOSED) - Kylin - 04-25-2013

This one is a bit different than the others. Please select ALL that apply, as you are allowed multiple votes in this poll.

Please note that this poll pertains to LIVING family members. If, for example, you HAD a brother but he is now deceased at the start of ARR, do not select 'brother' in the poll (unless you have a second one). If you have multiple of one item (such as multiple brothers), you only need to select the category once. You can offer more explanation in your post if you wish.

If you character is pregnant at the start of ARR, do NOT select 'son' or 'daughter' unless you know for sure that the child will be born and you have already determined its gender.

In order to not get overly complicated, some options (particularly in-laws) have been left off of the poll. I also left off grandchildren since I'm assuming nobody is old enough for that yet (though post here if your main character is a grandparent O.o). Also, I ran out of options (can only have 20 max). So let's get started! What living family members does your character have?

RE: RPC Census, Part VI (Family) - John Spiegel - 04-25-2013

I ain't decided if one of JJ's sprouts had kids, highly doubtful, but JJ's one of those special snowflakes that's "old" and still kicking ass.

RE: RPC Census, Part VI (Family) - Alothia - 04-25-2013

Alothia's Mother and Father are still alive, although she is estranged from them, and her sister, Lini, whom she is still in contact with.

RE: RPC Census, Part VI (Family) - Aysun - 04-25-2013

Mother, father, brother.. everyone else is either dead or unknown to Aysun so xD

RE: RPC Census, Part VI (Family) - Rhashi Nefhys - 04-25-2013

Short list for me: Just a mother

RE: RPC Census, Part VI (Family) - Kylin - 04-25-2013

Lessee...my family is still fairly decent sized even after the Mavanix slaughter XD.

Father: Cartius Felstar
Stepmother: Nefron Mirgolia (Felstar). Ky's birth mother is deceased. Nefron is primarily just a background npc with no real relevance.
Sister: Elza Ashfen and Seraphine Winter (Seraphine may/may not be dead >.>)
Uncle: Islude Felstar. Background character with little relevance, though his character is heavily based on his past incarnation in FFXI's RP community.
Cousin: Undetermined yet, as a different player may be playing this character. But he/she does exist!
Grandfather: Ziegfred Felstar. Background npc who's slowly dying at the start of ARR.
Grandmother: Lily Felstar. Same as above, though not deathly ill like her husband.

RE: RPC Census, Part VI (Family) - Luka Paluka - 04-25-2013

Hm!

Father, Uncle, Aunt and Cousin for Luka!

Father's the only real important relationship he has left, as it's key to his story. I included the Uncle, Aunt and Cousin being alive for future plot development, though! Having family options available is nice in case other people feel like RPing part of your family, too! Tongue

RE: RPC Census, Part VI (Family) - Eva - 04-25-2013

I was going to get all controversial and ask how you defined life, and then I saw this:
Quote:If you character is pregnant at the start of ARR, do NOT select 'son' or 'daughter' unless you know for sure that the child will be born and you have already determined its gender.
Since Eva is carrying fraternal twins, and we're pretty well resolute that she'll carry them to term unless something really crazy happens in RP. So she will probably have family, but we haven't decided the gender of the babies yet or anything.

So I guess while it may seem a bit cliché, we had to select 'None' for living family. Eva's mother ran away when she was just a little girl and is not a part of her life, and may be dead. Because of this, she may have half-sibling(s) somewhere that she doesn't know about, but her father and mother never had any children together after before or after she was born so she has no direct siblings. Her grandparents also died before she was born so she never knew them, and her uncle and aunt on her father's side were also dead either just before or just after she was born, so she has no memory of either. Her mother was also an only child so no aunt/uncle there.

Eva's father passed away almost a year ago to the day (R.I.P. Dy 2U/28/1572) leaving her somewhat alone in the world.

RE: RPC Census, Part VI (Family) - Deirdre - 04-25-2013

Well, I guess I can't vote multiple times for one option, that's unfortunate!

Deirdre's Living Family

Brother (he is not considered step because there was no marriage for his integration): Bancroft Gairn
Son 1: Crane
Son 2: Cygnus
Son 3: Falke

That's it. Everyone else is dead. Cactuar

RE: RPC Census, Part VI (Family) - Kerr - 04-25-2013

Kerr actually has quite a bit of family left alive in the world. Not that he knows about them yet. He has two daughters of his own, that he's never officially met. One would be 10; the other around 8-9. His father (unknown to Kerr) is still living and produced two other sons. And I'm leaving "cousin" open for any other extended family or PC family that pops up.

RE: RPC Census, Part VI (Family) - Caeryn - 04-25-2013

One father, mother dies mid-time-shift (so she doesn't know yet), and an ex-husband who is still around and kicking.

RE: RPC Census, Part VI (Family) - Lren - 04-25-2013

Just put down Brother, thinking sworn siblings would count. xD;; 
Lren's family was wiped out at various points in time due to rising conflicts, so he marches onto the battlefield with his head held up high. Though, during the time between the calamity and ARR, he's been busy getting drunk trying to run from his mistakes and failings. It will be his Sworn Brother that gets back onto the field of battle, not as a Soldier but as an Adventurer. :3

RE: RPC Census, Part VI (Family) - Kassandra Dawn - 04-25-2013

Kass's Father and 2 sisters are still alive.  Her Mother is missing and very possibly dead.  She also has a daughter.

RE: RPC Census, Part VI (Family) - Arlon - 04-25-2013

Uruvion has an uncle who trained him in white magic(off the books). He has an ex-wife, though he hasn't seen her since their separation. He doesn't have any children.

RE: RPC Census, Part VI (Family) - Rhostel - 04-25-2013

Just a single sister, with no more detail than a given name and the obvious shared history. Left open in case someone is looking to make a Highlander female alt or such and feels an family relationship with an existing character would be fun.