Hydaelyn Role-Players
New Stormblood Video (Spoilers!) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: New Stormblood Video (Spoilers!) (/showthread.php?tid=19388)

Pages: 1 2

RE: New Stormblood Video (Spoilers!) - Vexander - 05-18-2017

Prediction: Yugiri and the Doman Viceroy are going to get into a cat fight at some point.

RE: New Stormblood Video (Spoilers!) - Yian Kutku - 05-22-2017

I asked this on the official forums, but didn't get an answer, so maybe one of the lorehounds here might know.

[Image: vCZY8hh.jpg]

What symbol is this? I'm pretty sure I've seen it before somewhere, but I've completely forgotten what it means.

(Also that flag is ridiculously big. Questions of "why" and "how the heck did they get it up there" swirl around.)

RE: New Stormblood Video (Spoilers!) - Kage - 05-22-2017

I think this is a wait and see in Stormblood answer.

RE: New Stormblood Video (Spoilers!) - Vexander - 05-22-2017

(05-22-2017, 08:14 AM)Yian Kutku Wrote: I asked this on the official forums, but didn't get an answer, so maybe one of the lorehounds here might know.

What symbol is this? I'm pretty sure I've seen it before somewhere, but I've completely forgotten what it means.

(Also that flag is ridiculously big. Questions of "why" and "how the heck did they get it up there" swirl around.)
Hrmn... the Star of Destruction, no? Isn't that an Ala Mhigan symbol by their deity, Rhalgr? Or it could be related to the Red Mages I suppose.

RE: New Stormblood Video (Spoilers!) - Kage - 05-22-2017

I think most know it should be related to Rhalgr but the exact group/faction, why etc is unknown. Basically, we have informed guesses but nothing confirmed.

RE: New Stormblood Video (Spoilers!) - foxfirestorm - 05-23-2017

I just hope we spend as much time in Ala Mhigo, as we do in Doma, if not a bit more time in Ala Mhigo. As someone who comes from 1.0, the whole deal with Ala Mhigo has been ingrained in us for some time.

The knowledge that Gaius Van Baelsar won Ala Mhigo without a shed of blood (and only came later as the people started to infight, thus the resistance), how Nael Van Darnus was given command to take Eorzea after Gaius failure, thus brainwashing children of Ala Mhigo...

The fact that Ala Mhigo has been under Garlean rule for at least 15-20 years now (depending on how much time passes via MSQ, beyond the 5 years pass between 1.0 and 2.0).

We been hit fairly hard with the "Here is the state of Ala Mhigo" for some time. I will be kinda sad if they just simply give us a glimpse into it, but all we are doing is just running through it with the bigger part of the story being in Othard.

Don't get me wrong, I think it is cool we are going to Othard, but I am far more interested in what is happening to Ala Mhigo and how over all these years, ruled by one Viceroy who was 'kind' and now being ruled by a viceroy who is an evil jerk.

How does this impact the people?
How is it impacting their culture?
Did people get into another skirimish over the changing of the viceroys?

I want to know more about Ala Mhigo dangit! XD

RE: New Stormblood Video (Spoilers!) - Yian Kutku - 05-23-2017

(05-22-2017, 10:59 AM)Kage Wrote: I think most know it should be related to Rhalgr but the exact group/faction, why etc is unknown. Basically, we have informed guesses but nothing confirmed.

Weird. I keep thinking that I've definitely seen that symbol somewhere, but now I'm wondering if it's a false memory.

RE: New Stormblood Video (Spoilers!) - Virella - 05-23-2017

(05-23-2017, 05:02 PM)Yian Kutku Wrote:
(05-22-2017, 10:59 AM)Kage Wrote: I think most know it should be related to Rhalgr but the exact group/faction, why etc is unknown. Basically, we have informed guesses but nothing confirmed.

Weird. I keep thinking that I've definitely seen that symbol somewhere, but now I'm wondering if it's a false memory.
Nah, just in trailers and teasers so far.

My guess is that is symbolises the first Ala Mhigans, the ones who followed the meteor 'send my Rhalgr' which ended up leading them into Gyr Abania. Given you know, it looks like a path and meteor! So yeah, that's my guess.

Seeming the Ala Mhigan flag might have some painful memories for a lot of Ala Mhigans, due to it being tied in with the Fist of Rhalgr and the King of Ruin. They might have chosen to drop the flag symbolising that past and instead opted for a new one, back to what they once were before the King of Ruin (and possibly religious oppression) became a thing. Time will tell no doubt! It probably is Resistance related. But that's my best guess currently.

RE: New Stormblood Video (Spoilers!) - Valence - 05-24-2017

I think it's the flag of the Resistance. Historical examples often show that resistance movements rarely use the flag of their country. Especially when they oppose their own country that they consider illegitimate.