Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Importance of Consolidating RP on Balmung and Having One RP Hub - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: The Importance of Consolidating RP on Balmung and Having One RP Hub (/showthread.php?tid=19478)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: The Importance of Consolidating RP on Balmung and Having One RP Hub - Momo - 05-21-2017

(05-21-2017, 08:59 PM)ArmachiA Wrote:
(05-21-2017, 08:55 PM)Sig Wrote:
(05-21-2017, 08:53 PM)ArmachiA Wrote: The OP told us it's completely reasonable to expect SE to make an RP server. Honestly, he's not listening to anyone with a counterarguments at this point. We're just talking to a wall.

Because I disagree with the presumption that it is unreasonable for us to expect SE will make an RP server, and I haven't heard a valid argument for why SE would not make a dedicated RP server if the community advocated for it enough.

There have been a TON of valid arguments, though? Talking about server resources from Unnamed Mercenary, people constantly saying SE hasn't listened to a big grassroots project before, people saying that this isn't going to help them now and they have no where to go, charts about how full Balmung actually is, talks about how Balmung crashed an entire datacenter (One time Balmung caused an Electrical blowout, Balmung was down for like 24 hours). There are plenty of valid arguments.

(05-21-2017, 09:02 PM)Val Wrote:
(05-21-2017, 08:53 PM)ArmachiA Wrote: The OP told us it's completely reasonable to expect SE to make an RP server. Honestly, he's not listening to anyone with a counterarguments at this point. We're just talking to a wall.

For future reference if you want people to rally behind you for a cause, it's best not to dismiss good arguments from people who are just trying to find the best compromise. Just gonna turn them against you.

I.E this thread.

Yeah at this point there's no point in even trying to carry on the conversation. They didn't come here to debate. They came here to preach.

The OP specifically just said, even is the quote you posted, that at this point they are talking about an RP Server designation, which Armi just advocated for a page ago. The whole Balmung thing is a dead horse yes, doesn't matter how much someone wants Balmung to be the only centralized RP hub, it simply won't fly in a situation where the server is closed for however long the devs like, or if they are waiting for numbers to drop, probably for at least a year or two.

If people don't want to help out, that is fine, but telling others not to help makes no sense, that is what I was responding to.

RE: The Importance of Consolidating RP on Balmung and Having One RP Hub - Jeanne IX - 05-21-2017

The idea that you need everyone on one server for RP to be healthy is simply untrue. WoW has two thriving RP servers, Wyrmrest Accord and Moon Guard, as well as several medium-to-smaller servers with a handful of active guilds, even if they're not on the scale of the big two. The RP scene in WoW is mostly split between two servers, not one megaserver, and neither of them somehow suffer for it. 

There are probably other MMOs with multiple healthy RP servers but my only experiences are with WoW and FFXIV so they're all I can accurately talk about.

The fact of the matter is we're in a situation where the "Wyrmrest Accord" that is Balmung now needs a "Moon Guard" at its side, because Balmung is locked for the foreseeable future. New players that Stormblood will bring have no way to get into Balmung at all, so if they want to RP they're simply out of luck with the current situation.

RE: The Importance of Consolidating RP on Balmung and Having One RP Hub - ArmachiA - 05-21-2017

(05-21-2017, 09:16 PM)Momo Wrote:
(05-21-2017, 08:59 PM)ArmachiA Wrote:
(05-21-2017, 08:55 PM)Sig Wrote:

Because I disagree with the presumption that it is unreasonable for us to expect SE will make an RP server, and I haven't heard a valid argument for why SE would not make a dedicated RP server if the community advocated for it enough.

There have been a TON of valid arguments, though? Talking about server resources from Unnamed Mercenary, people constantly saying SE hasn't listened to a big grassroots project before, people saying that this isn't going to help them now and they have no where to go, charts about how full Balmung actually is, talks about how Balmung crashed an entire datacenter (One time Balmung caused an Electrical blowout, Balmung was down for like 24 hours). There are plenty of valid arguments.

(05-21-2017, 09:02 PM)Val Wrote:

For future reference if you want people to rally behind you for a cause, it's best not to dismiss good arguments from people who are just trying to find the best compromise. Just gonna turn them against you.

I.E this thread.

Yeah at this point there's no point in even trying to carry on the conversation. They didn't come here to debate. They came here to preach.

The OP specifically just said, even is the quote you posted, that at this point they are talking about an RP Server designation, which Armi just advocated for a page ago. The whole Balmung thing is a dead horse yes, doesn't matter how much someone wants Balmung to be the only centralized RP hub, it simply won't fly in a situation where the server is closed for however long the devs like, or if they are waiting for numbers to drop, probably for at least a year or two.

If people don't want to help out, that is fine, but telling others not to help makes no sense, that is what I was responding to.

I am absolutely advocating to try, Nero did and was the only one to step up so far. I'm not advocating that people tell people that this is a done deal if we just try hard enough, though. And I am definitely not advocating leaving people in limbo on something no one can guarantee.

RE: The Importance of Consolidating RP on Balmung and Having One RP Hub - Kage - 05-21-2017

OP tried a thread and got essentially 0 support for it and that's why OP is here.

RE: The Importance of Consolidating RP on Balmung and Having One RP Hub - Momo - 05-21-2017

(05-21-2017, 09:16 PM)Jeanne IX Wrote: The idea that you need everyone on one server for RP to be healthy is simply untrue. WoW has two thriving RP servers, Wyrmrest Accord and Moon Guard, as well as several medium-to-smaller servers with a handful of active guilds, even if they're not on the scale of the big two. The RP scene in WoW is mostly split between two servers, not one megaserver, and neither of them somehow suffer for it. 

There are probably other MMOs with multiple healthy RP servers but my only experiences are with WoW and FFXIV so they're all I can accurately talk about.

The fact of the matter is we're in a situation where the "Wyrmrest Accord" that is Balmung now needs a "Moon Guard" at its side, because Balmung is locked for the foreseeable future. New players that Stormblood will bring have no way to get into Balmung at all, so if they want to RP they're simply out of luck.

And what many of us are saying is: YES, we need a new RP Server, BUT we would like it be officially sanctioned. That is the big difference between what you are comparing our situation to. Those servers are official RP servers designated by the company, if that were the case here, we would just choose a second server to occupy and be done with it, RP tagged servers draw RPers on their own, so it would make things a lot easier for future RPers.

RE: The Importance of Consolidating RP on Balmung and Having One RP Hub - Jeanne IX - 05-21-2017

(05-21-2017, 09:20 PM)Momo Wrote:
(05-21-2017, 09:16 PM)Jeanne IX Wrote: The idea that you need everyone on one server for RP to be healthy is simply untrue. WoW has two thriving RP servers, Wyrmrest Accord and Moon Guard, as well as several medium-to-smaller servers with a handful of active guilds, even if they're not on the scale of the big two. The RP scene in WoW is mostly split between two servers, not one megaserver, and neither of them somehow suffer for it. 

The fact of the matter is we're in a situation where the "Wyrmrest Accord" that is Balmung now needs a "Moon Guard" at its side, because Balmung is locked for the foreseeable future. New players that Stormblood will bring have no way to get into Balmung at all, so if they want to RP they're simply out of luck.

And what many of us are saying is: YES, we need a new RP Server, BUT we would like it be officially sanctioned. That is the big difference between what you are comparing our situation to. Those servers are official RP servers designated by the company, if that were the case here, we would just choose a second server to occupy and be done with it, RP tagged servers draw RPers on their own, so it would make things a lot easier for future RPers.
My post was in response to OP who as I understand it wants everything on one single server. I'm not objecting to multiple RP-tagged servers at all, though I also don't think that's likely given what little I've come to learn about the dev team in my short time playing.

I'm just saying the notion that if everyone isn't on one server then RP won't "work" is demonstrably untrue.

RE: The Importance of Consolidating RP on Balmung and Having One RP Hub - Unnamed Mercenary - 05-21-2017

(05-21-2017, 08:39 PM)Sig Wrote: (2) We should not presume that SE is utterly incapable of handling the population size on Balmung.  Resources could likely be allocated to handle the increased load, and there are a variety of less intrusive remedies that could have mitigated any over population problem.  SE for example could: (1) assess a higher server transfer fee for high-population servers; (2) provide additional in-game incentives to encourage players to transfer from high-population servers; (3) devote additional resources to banning bots and RMT schemes; (4) raise monthly subscription rates to compensate for the cost of maintaining high population servers; (5) designate official roleplay, hardcore raiding, and special interest servers to encourage certain player groups to transfer from over-populated worlds; (6) implement anti-idling features that disconnect players who idle for extended amounts of time.

Gonna try to answer some of these points as someone who works in the "manages servers" industry. Yes. That's my job. I babysit servers. And their connections. And their CPU usage. And network availability. And network usage. My department gets to make lovely trips to our datacenter to even swap out tape backups (because yes, that's still a thing).

Things before numbers:
It's not a matter of getting "better/newer" servers. Or a different datacenter. Or even faster internet. (Aside from the fact that you won't find faster internet than the connections inside a datacenter anyways).

Quote:Resources could likely be allocated to handle the increased load, and there are a variety of less intrusive remedies that could have mitigated any over population problem.

Servers don't work that way. SE could increase the CPU/RAM/data storage all they want and it wouldn't help the issue one bit. Those are allocatable resources. You can't reallocate network connections from an empty server to a busy server. They just don't work that way.

1) This could help convince some people to not transfer to Balmung. It'd probably do wonders for that. Especially if we took your words from earlier and tried to convince everyone on other servers to somehow transfer into Balmung if it opens.

2) SE appears to already be doing this. They've never offered incentives in FFXIV before. If it's a big enough issue, they'll probably get more extreme, like removing gil limits altogether. (Which will wreck economies if some ass goes and buys gil from a cheap server and then transgers.)

3) SE is already doing this. If anything, closing Balmung means the time is NOW to report as many bots as possible. I was telling this to people in another thread elsewhere.

4) This doesn't work. The cost of running a "full" server is identical to running a server with nobody playing on it. See answer for 1).

5) This could work, but it's unlikely. SE has made it a point to not designate servers officially. Aside from there being no real way to "require" the designated server actually be used for the designation, this really is honestly something best left to players.

6) This comes and goes every patch. It's easily exploited, as people did before. It might help clear up a few connections, but it won't help during primetime hours, which is where the issue's coming from. For everything else, there's "talk to NPC/retainer/market board/aetheryte" or "start a craft and purposely not finish." You'll never be marked as idle in the game. I'm certain I'm not the only person who tested this personally.

RE: The Importance of Consolidating RP on Balmung and Having One RP Hub - Sig - 05-21-2017

(05-21-2017, 09:11 PM)EliBallard Wrote:
(05-21-2017, 08:54 PM)Sig Wrote:
(05-21-2017, 08:46 PM)ArrynThel Wrote: Hmmm... Wow.

I never reply here. I hate typing to mass groups like this but this is the dumbest argument I have ever seen. There's literally not one valid point made by anyone and it's turned into a demand that Balmung be the one RP hub. YOU WILL TAKE OUR RP AND LIKE IT! While I enjoy Balmung enough I'm certainly glad there are other servers with rp communities. Balmung is great for mass events like the Grindstone but damn it's nice to go to a smaller server for lighter stuff.

If you really want to identify one server as the RP HUB then use one of the newer servers they talked about offering transfers too and everyone agree on a specific one but I'm sure those will fill up fairly quickly with people from Balmung and Gligamesh since they are offering gil, game time etc etc to do it.

You presuppose the state of FFXIV if Balmung did not exist and there was no centralized RP hub.  If there were no such hub, FFXIV roleplay would either be dead, minute in scale, or based entirely around isolated 20-40 person cliques. 

There are dearths of "lighter stuff" that gets RPed on Balmung every day.  The same can't be said for smaller servers.  Balmung is already the RP hub, and it should continue being that hub until SE designated an official RP server.
Still waiting to hear what the people who need a server now should do in your fantasy world. You keep skirting around the issue of them.

Please note that "play on another server now and transfer in 3-6-9-12 months when/if the retriction is ever lifted is not an appropriate answer unless you're going to pay for all of their subs between now and then, as well as refund all the gil they'd lose making the trip in houses, etc.

More observations made on short time:

(1)  I've addressed most counterpoints made in recent replies before.  The one thing I haven't seen addressed is how this attempt to designate a second unofficial RP server will result in anything more than a 50-100 person community scattered across 3-5 FCs (all offering their own brand of homogenized RP) that eventually goes the way of the dodo, like all others before it.  I really don't want to see that happen to great RPers who decide to RP on the alternative server, and Balmung itself would be at a loss [transfers will open up one day].

(2) Thankfully, Nero made an excellent post on the official forums about designating the RP server, and we should all be doing our part to support it. 

(3) Some posters who perceive of the views discussed in the OP as crack-pot-esque are so accustomed to the quality and size of the Balmung RP community that they have not given consideration of the consequences of fragmenting the RP community.  I don't see how anyone could really dispute the possible detriments that could happen as a result of the server restriction. I hope these concerns are eventually unfounded after SE opens transfers in 1-3 months.

(4) For all of the, "what do we do - an alternative unofficial RP is necessary to help new RPers" -- the highest and best use of our time is advocating for either the restrictions end or an official designation.  In the meantime, existing small RP communities should open their arms to new RPers until we can transition back to a central RP hub. So yes, "play on another server now and transfer in 3-6-9-12 months when/if the restriction is ever lifted" is an appropriate answer. The reality is most will transfer because most realize the value of a central RP hub, as demonstrated by Balmung's size. We need to be doing whatever we can to convince SE to lift the restrictions sooner than later, or finally designate an RP server.

It's very unfortunate that an extremely basic proposition - a small community should remain together to ensure that it remains vibrant, diverse, and active can draw such division.  But some are apparently content to live with the chaos SE has created.  Unfortunate.

RE: The Importance of Consolidating RP on Balmung and Having One RP Hub - Flynn Rosenberg - 05-21-2017

You don't get it. Even if transfers open eventually, people would have settled on the next unofficial RP server, and they would still have to pay to transfer back. Paying for RP is something not everyone ideally wants to do.

There doesn't have to be one central RP hub.

RE: The Importance of Consolidating RP on Balmung and Having One RP Hub - ArmachiA - 05-21-2017

I have to ask, have you ever played another MMO? If so, which?

WoW had multiple vibrant RP hubs, Moonguard was well known, but Wyrmcrest also eventually became well known. My server, Emerald Dream, had a big RP community, there was RP everywhere and I was on Horde. Silvermoon was so, so crowded with RPers. Since mine was an RP-PVP server we had less RPers than the first two, but it was still vibrant, I ran into RPers ALL. THE. TIME. I don't think any RP server wanted for RP?

I've also seen the inverse. In Aion, we had to designate one RP server, as foreign games tend not to make RP tags on server, when we did, the population was still rather small. That having to Kowtow to the server thing was pretty prevalent there and it was the only option for RPers. It wasn't a huge community, but it was the only community and you had to fall in line.

Balmung really is a completely different monster than anything we've ever seen.

RE: The Importance of Consolidating RP on Balmung and Having One RP Hub - Erah'sae - 05-21-2017

Just back up Unnamed on this.  Hi, I'm an enterprise software architect.  My job is to design the parts that run on the sort of stuff Unnamed is watching.

There are ways where one could conceivably load-balance the game better then it currently is but you might end up with a solution where you have the old 'instanced areas' we had in HW launch constantly. (read: the death knell of open world RP) or you'll end up with queues to enter zones. 

In either case to do it well would probably require a general retooling of FFXIV's server architecture all around. There is a misconception that you can just throw more server resources at a problem, but people who believe that don't really understand the perils/difficulty of parallelism and multi-threading.  If you really want to know more, go look for the articles CCP has published on this issue for EvE Online and why the core of that game runs single threaded.  It's something that generally effects almost all 'Massively Multiplayer' online games.  

Back to the original topic of 'should' or 'should not' try and consolidate everyone. 
Really, Balmung isn't what -everyone- wants.  Some people want that 'small town' feel where everyone matters.  You're never going to find that on Balmung, ever.  Balmung is like strolling into New Orleans.  Generally full of good southern hospitality but you're just this person in a sea of people.  If you want that small town tight knit community, that's not Balmung.  You may find some within Balmung, yes, but that's not the server as a whole.

I think if people want to find that more cozy, intimate community in small groups instead of massive RP hubs, don't discourage them.  Both can survive on their own.

What happens with the server lock, we won't know until it happens or doesn't.  There's no real use bickering about if's.   We just go back and forth over "What if they do?"  "Well, what if they don't?"   That horse is thoroughly living up to the name "old glue" at this point.  Same thing for if badgering SE to get an RP server designation will provide results.  "They might!" "They probably won't!"   

You get a lot of bandwagoning both ways on a bunch of assumptions of outcomes here and both sides just feed each other because they have to be 'more right' or some such.  I don't really get it.

In the end, Sig, If you want to badger SE about an RP designation, just do it.  Get a petition going or some such, contact the community managers.  Maybe sneak it into a live letter question or two.  Ask for other people to slap their names on it.  Some will, some won't.

RE: The Importance of Consolidating RP on Balmung and Having One RP Hub - Mercer - 05-21-2017

(05-21-2017, 10:00 PM)Sig  Wrote: (1)  I've addressed most counterpoints made in recent replies before.  The one thing I haven't seen addressed is how this attempt to designate a second unofficial RP server will result in anything more than a 50-100 person community scattered across 3-5 FCs (all offering their own brand of homogenized RP) that eventually goes the way of the dodo, like all others before it.  I really don't want to see that happen to great RPers who decide to RP on the alternative server, and Balmung itself would be at a loss [transfers will open up one day].

I'll address this point since I've been in the thick of helping create a platform for smaller communities and servers.

I will take Mateus as the example, because it is the most popular option at the moment.

The RP-C linkshell is growing actively. A secondary linkshell was put into place late last night to help handle the new players that are joining. New Free Companies are forming, players are transferring. Of the players that have reached out to join the community, there are over 200 active players.

The Free Company list continues to grow as well, there are 5 stable companies and others are starting up now that there are more active players.

This has been within a week of the original threads talking about the crisis and community leaders stepping up to show alternatives. These numbers are only going to grow as we get closer to SB and as the news spreads. There is a very real movement to grow the community on Mateus and the community leaders are doing everything they can to accommodate and give everyone that joins an opportunity to have a voice.

The implication that such a movement is fruitless is insulting to the leaders and players putting their time and effort into making their servers a viable alternative. And I'm not just talking about Mateus here, I'm talking about Faerie, I'm talking about Jenova, I'm talking about all the other RP servers out there that have been going weak or strong for years.

RE: The Importance of Consolidating RP on Balmung and Having One RP Hub - EliBallard - 05-21-2017

(05-21-2017, 10:00 PM)Sig Wrote:
(05-21-2017, 09:11 PM)EliBallard Wrote:
(05-21-2017, 08:54 PM)Sig Wrote:
(05-21-2017, 08:46 PM)ArrynThel Wrote: Hmmm... Wow.

I never reply here. I hate typing to mass groups like this but this is the dumbest argument I have ever seen. There's literally not one valid point made by anyone and it's turned into a demand that Balmung be the one RP hub. YOU WILL TAKE OUR RP AND LIKE IT! While I enjoy Balmung enough I'm certainly glad there are other servers with rp communities. Balmung is great for mass events like the Grindstone but damn it's nice to go to a smaller server for lighter stuff.

If you really want to identify one server as the RP HUB then use one of the newer servers they talked about offering transfers too and everyone agree on a specific one but I'm sure those will fill up fairly quickly with people from Balmung and Gligamesh since they are offering gil, game time etc etc to do it.

You presuppose the state of FFXIV if Balmung did not exist and there was no centralized RP hub.  If there were no such hub, FFXIV roleplay would either be dead, minute in scale, or based entirely around isolated 20-40 person cliques. 

There are dearths of "lighter stuff" that gets RPed on Balmung every day.  The same can't be said for smaller servers.  Balmung is already the RP hub, and it should continue being that hub until SE designated an official RP server.
Still waiting to hear what the people who need a server now should do in your fantasy world. You keep skirting around the issue of them.

Please note that "play on another server now and transfer in 3-6-9-12 months when/if the retriction is ever lifted is not an appropriate answer unless you're going to pay for all of their subs between now and then, as well as refund all the gil they'd lose making the trip in houses, etc.

More observations made on short time:

(1)  I've addressed most counterpoints made in recent replies before.  The one thing I haven't seen addressed is how this attempt to designate a second unofficial RP server will result in anything more than a 50-100 person community scattered across 3-5 FCs (all offering their own brand of homogenized RP) that eventually goes the way of the dodo, like all others before it.  I really don't want to see that happen to great RPers who decide to RP on the alternative server, and Balmung itself would be at a loss [transfers will open up one day].

(2) Thankfully, Nero made an excellent post on the official forums about designating the RP server, and we should all be doing our part to support it. 

(3) Some posters who perceive of the views discussed in the OP as crack-pot-esque are so accustomed to the quality and size of the Balmung RP community that they have not given consideration of the consequences of fragmenting the RP community.  I don't see how anyone could really dispute the possible detriments that could happen as a result of the server restriction.  I hope these concerns are eventually unfounded after SE opens transfers in 1-3 months.  

(4) For all of the, "what do we do - an alternative unofficial RP is necessary to help new RPers" -- the highest and best use of our time is advocating for either the restrictions end or an official designation.  In the meantime, existing small RP communities should open their arms to new RPers until we can transition back to a central RP hub.  So yes, "play on another server now and transfer in 3-6-9-12 months when/if the restriction is ever lifted" is an appropriate answer.  The reality is most will transfer because most realize the value of a central RP hub, as demonstrated by Balmung's size.  We need to be doing whatever we can to convince SE to lift the restrictions sooner than later, or finally designate an RP server.

It's very unfortunate that an extremely basic proposition - a small community should remain together to ensure that it remains vibrant, diverse, and active can draw such division.  But some are apparently content to live with the chaos SE has created.  Unfortunate.
Still waiting for your answer! Also, maybe if you didn't act like you were the smart guy trying to convince us poor, blind sheep of the truth we'd be more receptive to your arguments. Makes you think.

RE: The Importance of Consolidating RP on Balmung and Having One RP Hub - Sig - 05-21-2017

(05-21-2017, 10:14 PM)Oswin Wrote:
(05-21-2017, 10:00 PM)Sig  Wrote: (1)  I've addressed most counterpoints made in recent replies before.  The one thing I haven't seen addressed is how this attempt to designate a second unofficial RP server will result in anything more than a 50-100 person community scattered across 3-5 FCs (all offering their own brand of homogenized RP) that eventually goes the way of the dodo, like all others before it.  I really don't want to see that happen to great RPers who decide to RP on the alternative server, and Balmung itself would be at a loss [transfers will open up one day].

I'll address this point since I've been in the thick of helping create a platform for smaller communities and servers.

I will take Mateus as the example, because it is the most popular option at the moment.

The RP-C linkshell is growing actively. A secondary linkshell was put into place late last night to help handle the new players that are joining. New Free Companies are forming, players are transferring. Of the players that have reached out to join the community, there are over 200 active players.

The Free Company list continues to grow as well, there are 5 stable companies and others are starting up now that there are more active players.

This has been within a week of the original threads talking about the crisis and community leaders stepping up to show alternatives. These numbers are only going to grow as we get closer to SB and as the news spreads. There is a very real movement to grow the community on Mateus and the community leaders are doing everything they can to accommodate and give everyone that joins an opportunity to have a voice.

The implication that such a movement is fruitless is insulting to the leaders and players putting their time and effort into making their servers a viable alternative. And I'm not just talking about Mateus here, I'm talking about Faerie, I'm talking about Jenova, I'm talking about all the other RP servers out there that have been going weak or strong for years.

That's great news that the Mateus RP community is growing and creating a place for new RPers to roleplay.  Where we differ is on whether the RP community as a whole should divide itself across multiple servers [thereby creating an artificial barrier that divides the community itself].  I hope many who transfer to Mateus realize the value and importance of having a vibrant, diverse, and active RP hub, and will transfer to Balmung when the server opens.  We're all losing something by dividing the community across multiple servers. Ideally, SE will simply designate an official RP server, or simply lift the transfer restrictions soon -- rending all of this moot.

(05-21-2017, 10:18 PM)EliBallard Wrote: Still waiting for your answer! Also, maybe if you didn't act like you were the smart guy trying to convince us poor, blind sheep of the truth we'd be more receptive to your arguments. Makes you think.

I was going to offer to give you an answer when you manage to draft a post that isn't inflammatory, but I'm feeling generous (and believe that drafting such a post would prove difficult).

I've mentioned the answer numerous time -- if you physically can't access Balmung, select whatever alternative RP community best suits your tastes, and transfer to the central RP hub [Balmung or official RP server if designated] the first opportunity you get.  There are communities to pick from on numerous servers (Maetus, Farie, Lich, etc.).

Don't split the party.  Stick together.  For reasons why, see OP.

And most of all, you're welcome (insert Moana music here).