Hydaelyn Role-Players
Character concept: Tamron Dalamiq - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Character Workshop (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Thread: Character concept: Tamron Dalamiq (/showthread.php?tid=19511)

Character concept: Tamron Dalamiq - dalamiq - 05-24-2017

I feel pretty good about what I have with Tam, but I'd be happy to receive some critique.

Name: Narantsetseg "Tamron" Dalamiq
Bio:
As Dalamud began its slow fall, this smith ventured forth from her tribe's river settlement to see for herself the fate of the once-holy moon. She arrived in Eorzea just before the Calamity. That dreaded day awoke within her a fascination with the calamitous dragon and the summoning of primals, leading her to study arcanum. She now seeks to learn and understand the old art of summoning.

Passion can't fill a stomach, and she received little blacksmith work. She stays at inns or in alleys, and more often than not must fish up meals for herself.

She is blunt but means well, and gets flustered if she harms anyone physically or emotionally. An unpleasant journey to Eorzea made her wary, but she has not completely closed herself off from others. She goes by "Tamron" rather than "Narantsetseg" largely because she finds the latter unwieldly for Eorzeans. She uses improper contractions and slang frequently. Saltwater makes her scales itch.

- 

Essentially, she's an arcanist with lofty goals she has no current means of achieving. I want her to have the potential for some summoning despite her lack of the Echo, which is why she arrived in Eorzea in time to be awash in Bahamut's aether. Bahamut and Dalamud as a whole hold more importance to her as a character than the other primals, so I feel like bringing them in would largely be a distraction. While she wants to summon, whether she'll be able to at all or not is yet undetermined. Her chronic lack of money is, meanwhile, a nice potential lead-in for RP outside of her main goals.

Thoughts? c:

RE: Character concept: Tamron Dalamiq - Alastair Helyous - 05-24-2017

Interesting character concept. I just wonder about how much does she know about Primals?

For example, most people don't know what a Primal even looks like. Even their "native" Primals. During the SMN quest line, you see, Ul'dahn people show that they clearly cannot recognize the Egi as being Ifrit or related to Ifrit. This leads me to believe knowledge of even the appearance of the Primals to not be public knowledge.

What takes us to her desire to practice summoning. Sure she may be passionate about the Lord of Dragons, but do people really know Bahamut to be a Primal?

Also, how did she came upon learning Arcanima? Did she visit Limsa Lominsa and learned there or she learnt with someone else? I think it would be a good idea to develop better on how a Blacksmith came to begin wielding mathematics magic, you see.

RE: Character concept: Tamron Dalamiq - L'ohba Tia - 05-24-2017

(05-24-2017, 05:51 PM)Helyous_Apollus Wrote: For example, most people don't know what a Primal even looks like. Even their "native" Primals. During the SMN quest line, you see, Ul'dahn people show that they clearly cannot recognize the Egi as being Ifrit or related to Ifrit. This leads me to believe knowledge of even the appearance of the Primals to not be public knowledge.

What takes us to her desire to practice summoning. Sure she may be passionate about the Lord of Dragons, but do people really know Bahamut to be a Primal?

The average person probably hasn't seen a primal and lived to tell about it, but there are people that know what they look like. The Immortal Flames send parties out to fight Ifrit that don't include the WoL, which is how Tristan and his brother encountered Ifrit.

People do know that Bahamut is a primal. NPCs refer to him as an elder primal several times in the MSQ. Remember that the average person still thinks that primals are literally old gods in the flesh, and not aether ghosts. I'm fairly sure that Garleans see even Midgardsormr as an eikon. So even if they don't know who summoned him, or how he was summoned at all, a person seeing a massive dragon god pop out of a moon are going to assume he's a primal anyway.

RE: Character concept: Tamron Dalamiq - Alastair Helyous - 05-24-2017

(05-24-2017, 05:57 PM)L Wrote:
(05-24-2017, 05:51 PM)Helyous_Apollus Wrote: For example, most people don't know what a Primal even looks like. Even their "native" Primals. During the SMN quest line, you see, Ul'dahn people show that they clearly cannot recognize the Egi as being Ifrit or related to Ifrit. This leads me to believe knowledge of even the appearance of the Primals to not be public knowledge.

The average person probably hasn't seen a primal and lived to tell about it, but there are people that know what they look like. The Immortal Flames send parties out to fight Ifrit that don't include the WoL, which is how Tristan and his brother encountered Ifrit.

People do know that Bahamut is a primal. NPCs refer to him as an elder primal several times in the MSQ. Remember that the average person still thinks that primals are literally old gods in the flesh, and not aether ghosts. I'm fairly sure that Garleans see even Midgardsormr as an eikon. So even if they don't know who summoned him, or how he was summoned at all, a person seeing a massive dragon god pop out of a moon are going to assume he's a primal anyway.

Fair enough.

RE: Character concept: Tamron Dalamiq - dalamiq - 05-24-2017

(05-24-2017, 05:51 PM)Helyous_Apollus Wrote: Also, how did she came upon learning Arcanima? Did she visit Limsa Lominsa and learned there or she learnt with someone else? I think it would be a good idea to develop better on how a Blacksmith came to begin wielding mathematics magic, you see.

I should have clarified this. She did learn it at the Arcanist's Guild, as Limsa is where she more or less settled.