Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Mateus] The Blood Shore - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: [Mateus] The Blood Shore (/showthread.php?tid=19556)

Pages: 1 2 3

The Blood Shore - Nodem - 05-29-2017

Hello people of Mateus! You heard of the Grindstone by now if you're looking at these forums, and now a Grindstone event is coming to you! That's right, The Blood Shore is a Grindstone Event!

What is it? It's a combative tournament held twice a month, on the first and third Friday, where fighters are pitted against one another until only one reigns supreme! The Location for The Blood Shore will be near Seasong Grotto in Middle La Noscea at x21, Y19.

All information can be found on the Official Blood Shore Tumblr Page. My partner and I look forward to seeing you there!

RE: The Blood Shore - Rookie Judge - 05-29-2017

From an in universe viewpoint, I would think that the name of the event would cause great confusion with the name of the actual region known as Bloodshore in Eastern La Noscea. That and one might consider the disrespect for the dead given the fact that Seasong Grotto is filled with undead mobs (bogies) and is a memorial to sailors lost at sea.

RE: The Blood Shore - DanteThalmos - 05-29-2017

I kind of agree, there's actually a place called the bloodshore in eastern la noscea, why not call it "The Bloodsands"? Just a bit of constructive critism, that's all. I hope it goes well for you folks over there!

RE: The Blood Shore - L'ohba Tia - 05-29-2017

(05-29-2017, 04:18 PM)DanteThalmos Wrote: I kind of agree, there's actually a place called the bloodshore in eastern la noscea, why not call it "The Bloodsands"? Just a bit of constructive critism, that's all. I hope it goes well for you folks over there!

There's also a place called the Bloodsands! It's the name of the Coliseum in Ul'dah.

RE: The Blood Shore - DanteThalmos - 05-29-2017

(05-29-2017, 04:19 PM)L Wrote:
(05-29-2017, 04:18 PM)DanteThalmos Wrote: I kind of agree, there's actually a place called the bloodshore in eastern la noscea, why not call it "The Bloodsands"? Just a bit of constructive critism, that's all. I hope it goes well for you folks over there!

There's also a place called the Bloodsands! It's the name of the Coliseum in Ul'dah.
Well shit. Hrm, OH! "The Whetstone"! Puns save the day.

RE: The Blood Shore - Nodem - 05-29-2017

Why are we called The Blood Shore? Well, a panel of experts were given a list of names, and decided The Blood Shore sounded best. Also, we at the Blood Shore has a small sense of humor in that any location we choose to host the event at will be near a Shoreline, beach, or water front. Thus, we're painting the Shorelines Red with Blood. Merlwyb approved of the name as well as it will rival Ul'dah's Blood Sands.

Also as an OOC note: We are a Grindstone event but didn't use the name "Grindstone" as to not cause confusion between servers. We do realize that our event name is the same name as a location, however if I told you I live on Main streets, you'd be left wondering which one as well wouldn't you?

Our sense of humor ultimately won us over, so we're going to paint Shores red with Blood. The Blood Shore will go on!

RE: The Blood Shore - Blythe - 06-01-2017

Just a tiny reminder for those on Mateus, this is happening tomorrow at 9 PM EST!

RE: The Blood Shore - Syranelle Ironleaf - 06-01-2017

Here's hoping Real Life will be sufficiently tamed enough by then for me to attend.  Looking forward to it, guys!  o/

RE: The Blood Shore - Nodem - 06-02-2017

(06-01-2017, 08:44 PM)Syranelle Ironleaf Wrote: Here's hoping Real Life will be sufficiently tamed enough by then for me to attend.  Looking forward to it, guys!  o/

We're looking forward to it as well, and to seeing everybody that comes! First Blood will be drawn tonight at 9pm (Eastern), in Middle La Loscea (x21, y19)!

RE: The Blood Shore - Blythe - 06-02-2017

We are starting in 40 minutes! Come join us! :D

RE: The Blood Shore - Nodem - 06-02-2017

[Image: IBkpPoi.png]

We had four fighters enter the fray this evening for the First ever Blood Shore! Between them and the spectators we had at least twenty some odd people there. Thanks for turning out, and supporting us Mateus! Before anybody counts the people in the image above, that wasn't everybody, so I'll get better, and more, pictures next time. Without further ado, the winner of the first Blood Shore, a Grindstone event is:
Hashim'sae Obataiya
[Image: eELNvlV.png]

The next tournament will be on July 7th, at 9 Eastern! That's right! Lucky sevens for the next event! Next month is also when we go into our normal programing schedule of the First and Third Friday of every month!

Thanks to all that showed up once again, and hope to see you at the next one!

RE: The Blood Shore - Seraphine Felstar - 06-03-2017

This was a totally fun event and thank you very much for hosting it! Looking forward to next time (^.^)b

Cool Congratulations to Hashim'sae Obataiya, Mateus' first champ! Cool

RE: The Blood Shore - Warren Castille - 06-03-2017

From humble beginnings...!

RE: The Blood Shore - Nodem - 07-04-2017

This Friday at 9pm (Eastern), The Blood Shore will be coming back! So sharpen your weapons, crack your knuckles, and prepare for more combat!

RE: The Blood Shore - Nodem - 07-08-2017

Tonight at the second Blood Shore, a Grindstone event, we had eight people enter the fray to fight. We had just as many or more people watching the contestants as they duked it out.
[Image: sjqJvbP.png]
[Image: un2xkAg.png]
But at the end of the night, only one person may come out on top. Tonight’s winner is:

Maral Mol
[Image: mSNMEYD.png]

Congrats Maral, and enjoy your satchel of gil.

The next Blood Shore will be held on the 21st of July, so we look forward to seeing you there! Once again, thank you to all in attendance, fighters and spectators alike.