Hydaelyn Role-Players
Adventurers Wanted - Omega RP Community - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Adventurers Wanted - Omega RP Community (/showthread.php?tid=19751)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Adventurers Wanted - Omega RP Community - Marissa Minoru - 06-15-2017

I'm in the process of creating a character now so I can make an alt when the server goes up!

RE: Adventurers Wanted - Omega RP Community - Vryn - 06-15-2017

(06-15-2017, 06:11 AM)Marissa Minoru Wrote: I'm in the process of creating a character now so I can make an alt when the server goes up!

Ace! See you there. Smile

RE: Adventurers Wanted - Omega RP Community - anony11 - 06-15-2017

MMh, i don't really know, i do want to get in touch with the RP community.
Should i transfer?
The thing is, people know me in the other server...
Do you think making an alt is the right choice? Or i should just transfer?

(06-15-2017, 08:58 AM)anony11 Wrote: MMh, i don't really know, i do want to get in touch with the RP community.
Should i transfer?

If you have any reluctance to transfer your main and leave friends or accomplishments behind, don't do it. I'd wholeheartedly endorse making an alt, exploring the RP scene on Omega, get your level 30 alt-bonus incentive while you're milling around. Then if it's not for you, you haven't lost anything. But if you enjoy it and want to bring your main afterwards, then you've at least done it with an educated decision.

RE: Adventurers Wanted - Omega RP Community - Papajimboh - 06-15-2017

(06-15-2017, 09:00 AM)Vryn Wrote:
(06-15-2017, 08:58 AM)anony11 Wrote: MMh, i don't really know, i do want to get in touch with the RP community.
Should i transfer?

If you have any reluctance to transfer your main and leave friends or accomplishments behind, don't do it. I'd wholeheartedly endorse making an alt, exploring the RP scene on Omega, get your level 30 alt-bonus incentive while you're milling around. Then if it's not for you, you haven't lost anything. But if you enjoy it and want to bring your main afterwards, then you've at least done it with an educated decision.

This. This is exactly what my wife and I plan on doing this weekend. We had been planning on Mateus, but decided it best to explore all options before making a definite decision. If we level on Omega on alts and end up deciding it isn't for us, then it's nothing lost but a few hours. 

We are in the US, so there will be a slight latency difference, but I tried it out and was floating around 140-160 so it's well short of "unplayable." The only concern we might have as far as RP goes is being 5-7 hours behind a lot of EU players. 

Are there any FCs forming up already, specifically any late nighters? That would be our best option probably. We typically play around midnight-4am GMT. 

I joined the EU Discord this morning before coming to work but didn't stay long enough to see much, just joined it so I wouldn't forget.

RE: Adventurers Wanted - Omega RP Community - TrueGota - 06-15-2017

There are some already but I think it depends on what you are looking for FC-wise. Like, social, adventure or something else.

RE: Adventurers Wanted - Omega RP Community - Kiel - 06-15-2017

I'm hoping to transfer to Omega as an EU player stuck with awful timezones I can never get anything done on the NA servers. I hope I can find roleplayers here! Let's make this happen! Just jumped into the discord channel now.

(06-15-2017, 11:00 AM)Kiel Wrote: I'm hoping to transfer to Omega as an EU player stuck with awful timezones I can never get anything done on the NA servers. I hope I can find roleplayers here! Let's make this happen!

You are not alone, either in suffering clock-related inconvenience nor wishing for EU RP! Smile Look forward to meeting you!

RE: Adventurers Wanted - Omega RP Community - Vryn - 06-17-2017

I'm just about to update the original post with this info now we've got it - but with Omega transfers now open, we've made the RP Community Linkshell (Entitled: "RP Network"). Come find us! Big Grin