Hydaelyn Role-Players
Temporary Suspension of World Transfer to the Omega World - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Temporary Suspension of World Transfer to the Omega World (/showthread.php?tid=19936)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Temporary Suspension of World Transfer to the Omega World - Gegenji - 07-01-2017

(07-01-2017, 03:08 AM)Nebbs Wrote: I would say to remove the "incentives" after two weeks would be quite crass. Especially as one of those is an XP boost on levels below 60, and would hardly have made much difference in this time.

Considering that if you have access to all the +XP stuff, you can easily get four-times XP on kills up to around level 30... I'd argue you can get a lot of difference. I got a character on Mateus from creation to done with his job-unlock in two days of after-work play. Even with the slowdown to double-and-change past 30, I could figure you could pretty easily get to 50-60 within that two week period.

... Maybe even get close to leveling two jobs decently high on a character because adding the Armory bonus just makes things even more ridiculous. I did the maths in another thread.

RE: Temporary Suspension of World Transfer to the Omega World - Impstatus - 07-06-2017

Thanks to this my tiny fc of irl friends is stuck in 2 servers. Long story short, 2 people were left behind. First had problems to get transfer working, even when Omega was still open (she tried during silent hours, but for some reason it didnt work). Second stayed willingly to try sell house+fc at old server, so that maybe getting large plot from Shirogane would be possible with that little extra gil (given stars align just right on release day. I know, such hubris....) Hmm, so so much for transferring to play with friends. Heck, I would pay for transfer, and I dont care of XP and other extras... I just want to get to rebuilding my fc. Leviathan was lovely server, but datacenter relocation really boosted my, EU players, lag through the roof...

RE: Temporary Suspension of World Transfer to the Omega World - SicketySix - 07-06-2017

(07-06-2017, 07:51 AM)Impstatus Wrote: Thanks to this my tiny fc of irl friends is stuck in 2 servers. Long story short, 2 people were left behind. First had problems to get transfer working, even when Omega was still open (she tried during silent hours, but for some reason it didnt work). Second stayed willingly to try sell house+fc at old server, so that maybe getting large plot from Shirogane would be possible with that little extra gil (given stars align just right on release day. I know, such hubris....) Hmm, so so much for transferring to play with friends. Heck, I would pay for transfer, and I dont care of XP and other extras... I just want to get to rebuilding my fc. Leviathan was lovely server, but datacenter relocation really boosted my, EU players, lag through the roof...

Unless I'm wrong, which I usually am, I believe they can still roll new characters over there? Maybe just not transfer in? Wouldn't make much sense to me but it said nothing about creating new characters.