Hydaelyn Role-Players
Housing on Mateus gone! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Housing on Mateus gone! (/showthread.php?tid=19968)

Housing on Mateus gone! - Y'raya - 07-02-2017

I mean, there's still apartments, but it looks like everything filled up! Behold the power of transfer and leveling incentives!

I will admit, that is one bummer coming into this game. I'd love to think that I could eventually have a house, but the likelihood of it is so low, without having to like... buy a plot from someone who already has one. I know that's been the norm on Balmung since forever, but... yeah. Kind of a bummer that such a cool piece of game content (and one that's so important for certain things like Chocobo raising or gardening) is so damn impossible to get.

RE: Housing on Mateus gone! - Kilieit - 07-02-2017

At least you can raise a chocobo in an apartment stable! That's one of the things I was most excited to see when they introduced the apartment system. Made chocobo dyeing much less exclusive. Flowerpots were a step in the right direction, but imo they really need to implement something like a four-wide indoor pot to make cross-breeding minimally accessible to apartment and private chamber owners.

I think it was to be anticipated when the server was unofficially chosen as the new RP server - obtaining a house is a piece of gameplay that RPers are (on average) going to be more invested in than anyone else, and when you try to put a large number of RPers on one server, the state of the housing wards is going to be one of the first things that changes. Especially with free incoming transfers allowing people to place already-eligible characters on the realm.

So, I'm not surprised. I do suspect that the auto-demolition market might move a little quicker than Balmung's does, simply because it's less utterly saturated with potential buyers. But we'll have to see.

RE: Housing on Mateus gone! - Y'raya - 07-02-2017

(07-02-2017, 02:49 PM)Kilieit Wrote: At least you can raise a chocobo in an apartment stable! That's one of the things I was most excited to see when they introduced the apartment system. Made chocobo dyeing much less exclusive. Flowerpots were a step in the right direction, but imo they really need to implement something like a four-wide indoor pot to make cross-breeding minimally accessible to apartment and private chamber owners.

I think it was to be anticipated when the server was unofficially chosen as the new RP server - obtaining a house is a piece of gameplay that RPers are (on average) going to be more invested in than anyone else, and when you try to put a large number of RPers on one server, the state of the housing wards is going to be one of the first things that changes. Especially with free incoming transfers allowing people to place already-eligible characters on the realm.

So, I'm not surprised. I do suspect that the auto-demolition market might move a little quicker than Balmung's does, simply because it's less utterly saturated with potential buyers. But we'll have to see.

I wasn't too surprised either. I'll have to keep my eyes open, because I know things will settle, and I think Hingashi opens up at some point. Still grinding everything out too, because I'm one of those RPers that can't have just one character. I gotta make all of them.

I love the server though. Just in case anyone who was considering looks here. Mateus has been awesome. Need to get in more with the guild scene, but I've got my eye on a couple potential homes for my people, if they'll have me.

First things first, though. Level 50, and cool outfits.

RE: Housing on Mateus gone! - Allurian - 07-02-2017

Yes, I noticed some long-time Mateus players talking about this yesterday in the mentor network.  I didn't realize the migration was going to be as large as it apparently has been.  Wish I'd scraped together some gil and bought a plot before they were all snapped up.  It's such a shame they can't figure out a way to give everyone the possibility to own a house who wants one and is willing to spend the gil for it.

RE: Housing on Mateus gone! - Dinah-mite! - 07-03-2017

This is like every server now. *shrug* Plenty of apartments left. Honestly I'm happy with my apartment.

RE: Housing on Mateus gone! - Y'raya - 07-06-2017

It made it to Kotaku.

http://kotaku.com/two-final-fantasy-xiv-players-buy-dozens-of-homes-spar-1796692020

RE: Housing on Mateus gone! - Teadrinker - 07-06-2017

/modhat

In regards to this particular situation, the folk involved in this housing subject on Mateus obviously have no issue with people knowing them or being discussed and known on a public platform. Elsewise, they would not have condoned to these journalists coming and speaking with them and fielding questions for publication.

In light of this, discussion of the issue is open. They have condoned their names being publicized so mention of names, at this time, does not violate any callout rules.

Tactful and civil opinions and discussion
about this issue can take place. However, bear in mind that even though mention of a NAME do not violate any callout rules, anything in violation of the conduct rules I.E. "So-and-so is a ___." will be removed and applicable warnings will be applied to your account.

/modhat

RE: Housing on Mateus gone! - Ryslo Suramlo - 07-06-2017

I did read somewhere on the official forums, discussions about 'restrictions' going into effect on Doma Housing may be placed at initial launch. So there is that. We know Yoshi is looking at this problem in a broader level. On a side note, I think people who do purchase large quantities of these rare plots should expect some negative feedback and backlash, especially if they take the road of: "Well I earned all this gil, I purchased all these plots and your all Entitled who think otherwise..." is only inciting a mob.. Just saying in a General Overtone.

I just think those who have purchased multiple plots could respond better which would not incite as /much/ backlash but there always will be (and I note that) when someone has something they can't get...

RE: Housing on Mateus gone! - Lydia Lightfoot - 07-06-2017

SE claimed housing quantity limits were somehow related to PS3; PS3 is gone; SE needs to just go ahead and double the wards across the board and the problem's solved.

RE: Housing on Mateus gone! - Unnamed Mercenary - 07-06-2017

(07-06-2017, 08:10 PM)Lydia Lightfoot Wrote: SE claimed housing quantity limits were somehow related to PS3; PS3 is gone; SE needs to just go ahead and double the wards across the board and the problem's solved.

Their general go-to stance on housing is that ward size is limited as it's both a large zone and has to accommodate that many instances every time someone enters a FC house. The PS3 was linkly mentioned because load times would be really slow as it had to locate the model/textures/coloring for every item in a house. ...so by removing PS3, they could increase the number of items in houses because they could raise the minimum requirements and expect better loading times. ...because heaven forbid we end up with 1.0 again where you'd zone into a town and see nothing as the game screamed as it had to render all the NPCs and players.

RE: Housing on Mateus gone! - Lydia Lightfoot - 07-06-2017

(07-06-2017, 08:26 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: Their general go-to stance on housing is that ward size is limited as it's both a large zone and has to accommodate that many instances every time someone enters a FC house. The PS3 was linkly mentioned because load times would be really slow as it had to locate the model/textures/coloring for every item in a house. ...so by removing PS3, they could increase the number of items in houses because they could raise the minimum requirements and expect better loading times. ...because heaven forbid we end up with 1.0 again where you'd zone into a town and see nothing as the game screamed as it had to render all the NPCs and players.

It still does weird stuff like that, sometimes - where someone will be sitting in a chair in a yard, and someone else who comes up later sees them (on their own client) as sitting on the ground, clipping through the chair, because the game spawned the player and the "sit" command before it spawned the chair. xD

RE: Housing on Mateus gone! - Unnamed Mercenary - 07-06-2017

(07-06-2017, 08:34 PM)Lydia Lightfoot Wrote: It still does weird stuff like that, sometimes - where someone will be sitting in a chair in a yard, and someone else who comes up later sees them (on their own client) as sitting on the ground, clipping through the chair, because the game spawned the player and the "sit" command before it spawned the chair. xD

Yup. We still get it on occasion, but it's usually pretty fast. Or we run into render limits. (Anyone who regularly attends Grindstone can attest to the line causing render issues these days.)

...but imagine it taking minutes sometimes. And then suddenly you're bombarded with the environment coming back to life. ...that'd make a pretty messy game. And simply doubling ward size (or adding more) would still run into instance issues like we've seen on Balmung from AFKers. There's a balance between all of that because each ward also means at least that many more interior instances.

RE: Housing on Mateus gone! - Kilieit - 07-06-2017

(07-06-2017, 08:34 PM)Lydia Lightfoot Wrote:
(07-06-2017, 08:26 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: Their general go-to stance on housing is that ward size is limited as it's both a large zone and has to accommodate that many instances every time someone enters a FC house. The PS3 was linkly mentioned because load times would be really slow as it had to locate the model/textures/coloring for every item in a house. ...so by removing PS3, they could increase the number of items in houses because they could raise the minimum requirements and expect better loading times. ...because heaven forbid we end up with 1.0 again where you'd zone into a town and see nothing as the game screamed as it had to render all the NPCs and players.

It still does weird stuff like that, sometimes - where someone will be sitting in a chair in a yard, and someone else who comes up later sees them (on their own client) as sitting on the ground, clipping through the chair, because the game spawned the player and the "sit" command before it spawned the chair. xD

It does that with sittable furniture elsewhere in the world too - we frequently encountered "box rogues" while holding meetings inside the Dutiful Sisters convent, because someone would sit on one of the crates, a second person would load in, and - while the first person would be sat on the crate in their view - they would appear to the second person to be seated at ground-level, partially (or entirely) consumed by crate.