Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Friendship Festival! [Closed for Recruitment] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Balmung] Friendship Festival! [Closed for Recruitment] (/showthread.php?tid=20023)

Pages: 1 2

Friendship Festival! [Closed for Recruitment] - SapphireSkylines - 07-07-2017

[Image: OOC_festival_ad.png]

Hey there RPC! I'm proud to announce that WYNG is running it's first event - the Friendship Festival. The point of the Friendship Festival is to celebrate Hydaelyn's many cultures and to embrace our differences by having a concert, fashion show, and having many booths and stands that represent different cultures. There will be many food choices and activities to participate in. 

When?: Saturday August 19th, 12pm-5pm PST
Where?: The Goblet Exchange, Ward 10

Since we just kicked off planning for the event, we are still looking for people to help us out.

What we really need:  

- Several FCs or individuals that would be willing to run a booth for any given culture. They would need to run some sort of mini game, activity or store. We still need booths for: Ala Mhigo/Gyr Abania and Ul'dah.

- A few people for a pyrotechnics team. We will be having a fireworks show at the end of the festival so a few volunteers would be nice for this. One slot left!

- A few volunteers in general who can help with booths, food stands or be security personnel.

What we sort of still need:

- Models for the fashion show.

- Performers for around the booths.

If you're interested in any of these positions, PM me on RPC and I will answer your questions and give you a link to the official event Discord. Thanks. Smile

Volunteer sign ups are now closed. 

RE: Friendship Festival! - Iteza - 07-07-2017

To give a little more information on this, take a look at some of the info in this doc. Festival Info Doc. Please don't hesitate to reach out to myself or Sapphire if you have any questions or want more information. Like Sapphire said, we have a discord we are using to keep everyone up to date and organized. We will also be making a program with times, locations, and info blurbs for the event so that attendees can see all their is to do and plan for a great festival with lots of fun!

Some suggestions for booths in the cultural villages are:

Doman Bomb Dance Lessons
Ala Mhigan Boxing mini-tournament
Ul'dah Merchant Alley
Gridanian Archery Competition
Ul'dah foam weapon gladiator pit
Limsan Arm Wrestling Tournament
Sekiseigumi/Hingan sword art

Really, anything you'd see at a faire/festival/ disneyland!

RE: Friendship Festival! - Tilala - 07-10-2017

I would be happy to have Tila run a stand for her pastries, though it seems you have another baked goods provider already. If you'd prefer I can have her cook something else for your event.

RE: Friendship Festival! - SapphireSkylines - 07-10-2017

We'd really like to have you! I'll send you a PM with some info and questions.

RE: Friendship Festival! - Moonlit - 07-10-2017

Sunsgerel can perform if needed!
MP-RP has a handful of different booth types they're able to run if you're looking for that, too!

RE: Friendship Festival! - SapphireSkylines - 07-11-2017

Just sent you a PM. Thanks for your interest. Big Grin

RE: Friendship Festival! - Iteza - 07-11-2017

Still need some booths to represent:

Othard
Ala Mhigo
La Noscea
The Shroud
Thanalan

RE: Friendship Festival! - SapphireSkylines - 07-18-2017

Bump! Updated some information.

RE: Friendship Festival! - SapphireSkylines - 07-19-2017

Othard no longer needs any booths. It is full up.

We also need more performers now since a few people dropped out due to scheduling conflicts! If you have any bard characters that would want to perform please send me a PM. Thanks!

RE: Friendship Festival! [Still LF Free Companies and Volunteers to help out!] - SapphireSkylines - 07-27-2017

The La Noscea village is officially full up! However, the Ala Mhigo and Ul'dah villages are completely empty and we are looking for one more booth for Gridania. Like we've said in earlier posts, a booth could be a game, a small shop, a class, a lecture, or some sort of mini competition. Or a booth spot can be filled by a performer who may want to play and represent the culture. Message me if interested!

We also really need volunteers for our pyrotechnics team, security, and regular people to help around the booths. 

RE: Friendship Festival! [Still LF Free Companies and Volunteers to help out!] - SapphireSkylines - 08-04-2017

The Othard village just opened up a booth slot. We're still in demand for Ala Mhigan and Ul'dahn booths. The last slot for the Gridania village is still open.

RE: Friendship Festival! [Last Call for Volunteers!] - SapphireSkylines - 08-07-2017

Othard is full up again. Last call for volunteers and free companies to help out! So if you or your free company wants to be a cultural booth operator, a performer, a model or be apart of the pyrotechnics team please respond to this thread or PM me on RPC by August 10th! Thank you.

RE: Friendship Festival! [Last Call for Volunteers!] - SapphireSkylines - 08-09-2017

The Gridania village is full up! Today is the last day to sign up for anything so like I said, if you or your FC wants to participate in the festival you need to PM me on RPC today! Thank you.

RE: Friendship Festival! [Last Call for Volunteers!] - Iteza - 08-09-2017

Where is the Ala Mhigan and Ul'dah love? We need some representation from Gyr Abania and Thanalan!

Does anyone want to host an Ala Mhigan boxing game? Orrrr maybe a triple triad tourny to rep goldsaucer?

RE: Friendship Festival! [Last Call for Volunteers!] - Sylastair - 08-11-2017

(08-09-2017, 01:05 PM)Iteza Wrote: Where is the Ala Mhigan and Ul'dah love? We need some representation from Gyr Abania and Thanalan!

Does anyone want to host an Ala Mhigan boxing game? Orrrr maybe a triple triad tourny to rep goldsaucer?
Sylas could be down for running some gambling games (either triple triad or other ones I made for the Golden Gil) to rep Ul'dah and the glories of gambling!