Hydaelyn Role-Players
Orlog's butts, butts, butts, and sometimes art thread. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Artisan House (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Orlog's butts, butts, butts, and sometimes art thread. (/showthread.php?tid=2006)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Orlog's butts, butts, butts, and sometimes art thread. - Orlog - 05-24-2013

I'd like to note that I barely did any FFXIV art for my character, because I HATED Bea as a Miqote. But, with the option for a race I actually enjoy for her, I expect that I'll be diving into it head first.

Anyway, I've been drawing as long as I can remember, blah blah blah, went to art school for 3 and a half years, blah blah blah, now I'm kind of a freelance artist for hire. I'd say out of everything that I draw, I absolutely adore doing character designs and line art.

And with that, here's the art!

Spoiler: show
[Image: cmbbXlI.jpg]
[Image: Vj6zpEm.jpg]
[Image: QgkOKP6.jpg]
[Image: vmTBI4O.jpg]
[Image: aBfpEPs.jpg]
[Image: Re0x6de.jpg]

--

Everything else is scattered throughout the thread. I'm way too lazy to keep updating this post. I'm trying to keep it largely FFXIV related, but I might have a few that wander off topic.

RE: Bea's Art Thread and Commissions - Xenedra - 05-24-2013

I like your stuffs, but you knew that :3. I hope... that you knew that D:! Always great to see a different style n' I love your texturin'.

RE: Bea's Art Thread and Commissions - Rhostel - 05-24-2013

Gorgeous! First and fourth pics make me think of Adventure Time, for some reason, and last one looks like she's stepped out of The Secret World. Smile

RE: Bea's Art Thread and Commissions - Alothia - 05-24-2013

These are all so fantastic! Everytime I see someone with skills I get jelly. I wish I could draw like this!

RE: Bea's Art Thread and Commissions - Weffrey - 05-24-2013

Very awesome artwork!

RE: Bea's Art Thread and Commissions - Orlog - 05-24-2013

Thanks, guys! Big Grin

(05-24-2013, 06:43 AM)Rhostel Wrote: and last one looks like she's stepped out of The Secret World. Smile

You'd actually be correct! That'd be Maris, my Secret World Templar.

Holy hell, this piece is giving me such a headache. It started out by a super inspired piece because of a certain song, but it's since tapered off when I reached having to work with the colors. But, I will get this damn thing finished!

Inspirational music: http://youtu.be/HjX6Yqk_N_Y

[Image: KDxQgSl.jpg]

RE: Bea's Art Thread and Commissions - Orlog - 05-28-2013

I'm trying to get back in to the groove of drawing more regularly (as in... not go months without drawing) so, I doodled this up. I got my hair all chopped off a couple of days ago and I absolutely love it. Big Grin

Noodle arms, 'cause I love Adventure Time, and lots of practice in trying to be more relaxed with color placement and what have you.

[Image: VJ1fmzH.jpg]

RE: Bea's Art Thread and Commissions - Orlog - 05-29-2013

Two in one day, oh boy! I'm feeling a little more creative than usual. ...Did you know that Nicolas Cage's son IS Nathan Explosion? 'Cause I didn't.

[Image: oYgyRS4.jpg]

RE: Bea's Art Thread and Commissions - Alothia - 05-29-2013

These are both excellent! I love the funny of the first one contrasted with the seriousness of the second.

RE: Bea's Art Thread and Commissions - Orlog - 05-30-2013

I spent most of the evening working on the background only to come to the conclusion that it just took away from the power of the character itself. ANYWAY, I finally drew Bea... kind of. I still don't have a defined image of how she'll look, but just a general idea so far.

Hullo, Roegadyn. ILU.

[Image: 3FNIpzR.jpg]

Edit: I dunno, I was just told that the one with the background looks better? Fff, I dunno. I guess I'll let you guys decide.

[Image: q2qlLL0.jpg]

RE: Bea's Art Thread and Commissions - Mtoto Wamoto - 05-30-2013

I love the simplicity and minimalism of the first one. I also love the second one, but I agree with you in that it detracts from the character (if ever so slightly).

The first one reminds me of all the various Final Fantasy title images done by Yoshitaka Amano due to the color gradients, I think it's pretty cool Thumbsup

Keep up the amazing work! I'm really enjoying seeing everything you post up.

RE: Bea's Art Thread and Commissions - Kassandra Dawn - 05-30-2013

The top one is more...powerful (the only word that seemed to work in the sentence) in it's simplicity.   Both are beautiful though.

RE: Bea's Art Thread and Commissions - Alothia - 05-30-2013

Gorgeous!

RE: Bea's Art Thread and Commissions - Orlog - 05-30-2013

Thanks! I'd be lying if I said you guys haven't been motivating me to do more art. So you know, thanks for that as well. Bouncy

RE: Bea's Art Thread and Commissions - Orlog - 06-01-2013

More doodles! A couple of these are a little old, but I never actually got around to doing anything with them. Secret World characters, FFXI mithra body type study, 'cause that bitch be strong. Angry face man.

[Image: IQIr1PC.jpg]