Hydaelyn Role-Players
Starting Over on Mateus - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Starting Over on Mateus (/showthread.php?tid=20064)

Starting Over on Mateus - Sumire - 07-10-2017

Hi all!

I used to RP back in the early days of ARR over on Balmung, but a lot of things happened and I quit the game altogether for a few years. Now I'm back, with a brand-new account (I got locked out of my old one - long story) and a brand-new character. So it's back to scratch for me, and so I'm starting all over in my RP life over on Mateus. I already posted my info in the Player Directory over here and I'm working on writing up my character's backstory right now.

Which leads me to a question, and perhaps someone who reads this might be able to answer it for me: Is the wiki the only place to post character profiles? I vaguely remember this site used to have a forum just for those, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Anyway, I'm looking for a few individuals or a small group I could join for regular RP. (Especially an RP-FC and also possibly a LS or two.) I plan to be around just about every day (though this week will be a bit iffy because my mother is getting re-married this coming weekend and I'm her maid of honor) and look forward to meeting some of the wonderful people from here who also call Mateus their home. Big Grin

RE: Starting Over on Mateus - Riggy - 07-10-2017

There's a discord you can post your character on and contact people for RP. I don't have the link on my phone, but I can grab it when i'm off work if you'd like

RE: Starting Over on Mateus - Thunderbolt300 - 07-10-2017

Hey there and welcome (back?) aboard the RPC! Thumbsup

The Making Connections forum will probably help the most for making targeted connections with other characters. Regardless, best of luck over on Mateus!

RE: Starting Over on Mateus - Sumire - 07-10-2017

(07-10-2017, 10:00 AM)Thunderbolt300 Wrote: Hey there and welcome (back?) aboard the RPC! Thumbsup

The Making Connections forum will probably help the most for making targeted connections with other characters. Regardless, best of luck over on Mateus!

Thanks for the heads-up! I'll give it a shot. Smile

I used to RP some before, but I never really came here other than to lurk a bit. Wasn't sure how welcoming an already-established community like this would be to a newcomer. I've had bad experiences in the past, attempting to break into RP communities such as this one. So far, people seem friendly enough. Well... You two are friendly, at least, lol.

(07-10-2017, 08:23 AM)Riggy Wrote: There's a discord you can post your character on and contact people for RP. I don't have the link on my phone, but I can grab it when i'm off work if you'd like

I've never used Discord, but I've heard of it. Is it voice chat only? Because that might cause a bit of a problem for me (I suffer from partial deafness). I'll look into setting up an account, anyway, since I've seen a lot of people mentioning it on here.

RE: Starting Over on Mateus - Riggy - 07-10-2017

The Mateus Hub Discord is primarily text, though a few people use the voice chat. I can message you the link if you'd like.

RE: Starting Over on Mateus - Sumire - 07-11-2017

(07-10-2017, 11:41 PM)Riggy Wrote: The Mateus Hub Discord is primarily text, though a few people use the voice chat. I can message you the link if you'd like.

Please do! I appreciate it! Smile

RE: Starting Over on Mateus - Thunderbolt300 - 07-11-2017

(07-10-2017, 08:42 PM)Sumire Wrote:
(07-10-2017, 10:00 AM)Thunderbolt300 Wrote: Hey there and welcome (back?) aboard the RPC! Thumbsup

Thanks for the heads-up! I'll give it a shot. Smile

I used to RP some before, but I never really came here other than to lurk a bit. Wasn't sure how welcoming an already-established community like this would be to a newcomer. I've had bad experiences in the past, attempting to break into RP communities such as this one. So far, people seem friendly enough. Well... You two are friendly, at least, lol.

My experience on Balmung has been pretty positive, and I'm sure much the same could be said for Mateus too. Thing is, it just takes time to break out into a new community- any community- but you can find some good starting points easily to plug in. The wider a net you throw, the bigger the catch! Just don't give up and keep pushing. Sometimes your mileage will vary, but most people I run into are genuinely pretty friendly.

RE: Starting Over on Mateus - Strigiforme - 07-12-2017

Welcome! I'm also on Mateus, so if you're looking for random RP connections or just a friendly face, feel free to message me. I'm on Discord under Strigiforme#3953 and in-game under Valerise Castille or Liana Alesius.