Hydaelyn Role-Players
Reliquarian's Guild «Relic» - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Free Company Hall (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+--- Thread: Reliquarian's Guild «Relic» (/showthread.php?tid=20149)

Reliquarian's Guild «Relic» - Lydia Lightfoot - 07-21-2017

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read about us!

The Reliquarian's Guild is an unorthodox "free company which isn't a free company" concept. OOC, it's definitely a free company since it uses the game mechanics relevant to a free company, but IC, it's not a free company at all! It's a guild, along the lines of the other guilds which exist in the game, such as the Gladiator's Guild and the Thaumaturge's Guild. 

There's a problem with the use of an FC as a guild, though, which is that any character in any FC could become a member of the Arcanist's Guild, but if only those in this FC could be members it, then that's not really representative of the concept of what guilds are in the world of Final Fantasy 14. Thus, for the sake of this group, we're going to use the term staff to define those who bear the «Relic» tag and are a part of the free company construct, and member will instead refer to those who are members of the IC guild but not employees of the guild.

Think along the lines of those NPCs you see standing around the guild halls in-game. They're staff of those guilds, and your character who belongs to whatever FC you choose is a member of that guild. We hope that makes sense!

What does it mean to be a member of the Reliquarian's Guild? Members have access to the guild hall, which is located on the second floor of The Reliquarium, located in the Lavender Beds, Ward 12, #41, in the Southwest Subdivision. Technically, anybody's character can wander right on in, since there's no way to actually prevent it, but, IC, only members (or guests accompanying members) are allowed to go onto that floor.

And getting into the guild hall means...? In addition to excellent library and research resources, the guild hall has facilities in place for experimentation and repair of artifacts, planning of treasure hunting and exploration activities, and includes access to the auditorium for educational gatherings and seminars, as well as access to the loft where members can relax. Members may also make use of the astroscope and martial training areas in the courtyard of the building, as well as the indoor training room (perfect for inclement weather) and the onsen (for relaxation or washing up). Lastly, members of the guild get a discount on food and drink served at Bistro Le Beau on the ground floor of the building.

Okay, so being a member is mostly just IC access to things for RP? Pretty much. It does also mean networking opportunities with other member characters and their players, which is great for players who want to expand their social group and make some new friends. The guild will be running some events and providing RP hooks for others to make use of if they choose, so think of it like a catalyst for possible RP.

How is the networking accomplished? A linkshell? Nope! We'd considered a linkshell, but linkshells are very limited in customization and the number of potential characters that can be included. Though the linkshell would be OOC, if a player wanted alts in the linkshell, it could run out of room very quickly even with just a couple dozen players. Instead, we have a Discord server set up which players will need to join in order to socialize OOC with other players who have characters that are members of the guild. 

It's used for text only (no voice chat), and allows us to have some conveniences like an event announcement channel. Most importantly, the sky's the limit on users, so we'll never have an awkward time where we have to consider kicking infrequently-played characters out of a linkshell. We'll never have to boot a player off the Discord for being quiet.

I refuse to use out-of-game resources for socialization with other players! You're currently using one right now to read this, chummer. Also, Discord is about as anonymous as it gets, so we're not buying it that someone's excuse is a privacy concern or something along those lines.

What if I just really don't want to sign up for Discord, but I want my character to be a member of the Reliquarian's Guild? Sorry, no exceptions. The Discord is the primary way members of the guild will be communicating about activities relevant to the guild. There's not going to be a linkshell, and there may not always be a message here on the RPC, particularly if the activity is something spontaneous. Not joining the Discord would more or less make membership in the guild pretty meaningless.

You realize I could sign up for the Discord, and then just quit it once I'm a member, right? Yes, except that the Discord list is the member list, so... we'll let you figure that one out, since you have all the answers. :p

If anyone's wondering what the heck they're reading, we're just preemptively addressing what we figure will be some common questions. Basic FAQ type stuff, except that nobody's actually asked these questions yet, so the "FA" part is a bit... well, anyway.

Interested in your character becoming a member? Awesome! It's as easy as joining the Discord server. The link to join is tiny.cc/relicdiscord - please say hello when you join up, and let us know the name of your character who has signed up to be a member of the guild (we'll edit your nickname to represent that character - if you want to have more than one alt sign up, that's fine, just let us know which one we're likely to see most frequently, since we're likely to end up knowing you as the one we see the most often). 

Is your character FC-less and potentially looking at «Relic» as a home? Check out the Join the Staff tab for details.

Want to know a little about our existing members? Preview your future friends on the Cast of Characters tab.

And if you're hoping we have somewhere nice for general RP, you won't be disappointed by our very own Bistro Le Beau, which you can read about on the tab by the same name.

Want to link back to this page? Use tiny.cc/relicrpc to make it easy.

We hope to enjoy some RP with you soon, in whatever form it comes! Have an awesome day!

RE: The Reliquarian's Guild «Relic» - Lydia Lightfoot - 07-21-2017

Member recruiting status: Always open!

Staff recruiting status: OPEN

We're in need of staff characters with active players who want to make some new friends and help us get off the ground as a great community resource! Opportunities are available for officer positions once a player's been involved awhile and shown me the kind of person they are.

RE: The Reliquarian's Guild «Relic» - Lydia Lightfoot - 07-21-2017

Bistro Le Beau at The Reliquarium

Daily_Menu
Breakfast Lunch
_ _
Tour of Crepes
Four small crepes, stuffed separately with caramelized seasonal fresh fruit, tart and chunky fruit preserves, spinach with fried egg, and chef's famous sauteed minced crisp pork belly and mushrooms.
Dodo Adobo Crostini
Shredded dodo meat simmered in traditional adobo spices, served atop six slices of freshly toasted crostini and sprinkled with fresh mint, accompanied by a cup of warming dodo bouillon.
⅏ ⅏
Firstlight Feast
Savory smoked sausage and shredded popoto grilled with diced bell pepper and red onion, garnished with two eggs as you please and one small crepe filled with chef's famous sauteed minced crisp pork belly and mushrooms.
Gilshort Lad
A traditional Gridanian fisherman's sandwich: fried crawfish and river oysters on crisp-crusted baguette, with melted butter, pickle. lettuce, tomato, and mayonnaise, accompanied by a cup of warming dodo bouillon.
⅏ ⅏
Crumpet Platter
Two buttery crumpets warmed or grilled, served with: tomato, pesto, and feta cheese; cream cheese with crumbled smoked trout; or a selection of seasonal jams, preserves, and marmelades.
Rainbow Bowl
An array of purple cabbage, red tomato, orange carrot, and yellow bell pepper, atop a bed of seasonal fresh greens, drizzled with bright blueberry vinaigrette, accompanied by a cup of warming dodo bouillon.
_ _
_ _
Dinner_Service
Appetizer Main Course
_ _
Lances Grilled
Four tender grilled asparagus atop a bed of wilted seasonal fresh greens and drizzled with dressing made from mead reduction with butter and sesame. Garnished with grape tomatoes and shredded radish.
Nature Skillet
Seasonal fresh vegetables first seared, then skillet-fried with basil, garlic, onion, ground peanuts, coconut milk, and exotic spices for an aromatic dining adventure. Served with soft, buttery flatbread.
⅏ ⅏
Twin Cheddars
Creamy cheddar fondues served in two cups: one with garlic, scallion, and Ser Racha's hot sauce, and one with chef's famous sauteed minced crisp pork belly and mushrooms. Served with slices of toasted crostini.
River Stew
Sauteed shrimp, crawfish, catfish, and river oysters are the star of this rich stew made of buttery roux, celery, onion, bell pepper, and savory spices, served over rice. Presented mild, but adding Ser Racha's Sauce is recommended.
⅏ ⅏
Shroud Risotto
An assortment of wild Black Shroud mushrooms sauteed in butter and flambéed with brandy, with dodo bouillon simmered rice and fresh parmesan and asiago cheese.
Aldgoat Wellington
Juicy aldgoat tenderloin coated in minced wild Black Shroud mushrooms and herbs and baked in buttery pastry until golden brown. Garnished with roasted seasonal squash and salad of spinach, green olive, red onion, and aldgoat cheese.
⅏ ⅏
Steak Ehzo'ir
Six succulent beef medallions seared in butter and cracked pepper, topped with creamy cognac-deglazed gravy made from cream, peppercorns, and shallots, garnished with fried shoestring popoto. Best prepared medium-rare.
Three Bees Salmon
Fresh-caught local salmon sauteed in the three B's - Butter, Brown Sugar, and Bourbon - until crispy-skinned and sweetly-glazed. Served over rice skilled-fried with finely ground meats and herbs, and garnished with grilled green bell pepper and red onion.

RE: Reliquarian's Guild «Relic» - Kazukata - 07-22-2017

I'm Kazukata Go, and this is my favorite guild in Eorzea.

On a more serious note, though, Lydia's a great rper with a really cool idea. I'm already planning on showing my face around here as a member, and would love to see this get off the ground!

RE: Reliquarian's Guild «Relic» - Lydia Lightfoot - 07-23-2017

Welcome to the first staff character in the guild, Ehzo'ir Tyaka! The character is one of several who were destined for a role in the guild, but though Ehzo isn't genuinely a "new recruit", we're very glad to have him just the same!

And, thank you Kazu! You big flatterer! Blush

RE: Reliquarian's Guild «Relic» - Lydia Lightfoot - 07-23-2017

Welcome Osric Rook! We'd been expecting Rook to join the staff as well, so it's wonderful that panned out! The character is the first fighting-focused employee of the guild, which is important since... well, some expeditions unearth trouble along with the treasure.

RE: Reliquarian's Guild «Relic» - Lydia Lightfoot - 07-25-2017

Welcome Eloria Chantay! Eloria's another whom we'd anticipated coming aboard the staff, and we're very glad to have her! She's nervous (and it's super cute!) about taking the very best screenshot for her character, so for the moment, I have a placeholder image on her Cast entry. 

We've also finished decorating the Onsen at the Reliquarium (screenshots to come in the future), and that comes with another new NPC staff member, M'seri Tehna. The Onsen is open to guild members and their guests, but no hanky-panky or M'seri will kick the pervs right out. Big Grin

RE: Reliquarian's Guild «Relic» - Athil - 07-25-2017

Can confirm these are some of the best RPers I've run across. Great group! Big Grin

RE: Reliquarian's Guild «Relic» - Lydia Lightfoot - 07-26-2017

We have our very first genuinely new player to join the group, and he'll have the role of the wonderfully well-written Molgo Meringo, a rarely-found treasure in himself: a serious lalafell. I'm quite pleased he came our way! As an EU timezone player, Molgo knows that he may sometimes miss out on some of the activity here on Balmung, given it's NA status - but there's lots of EU players on Balmung too, and some of us in the Americas play during daytime hours anyway, so things should work out okay. If you happen to be an EU player or daytime NA and you'd like to make a new friend, hit up Molgo!

And thank you for the compliment, Athil! You guys are all so nice. Blush

RE: Reliquarian's Guild «Relic» - Lydia Lightfoot - 08-12-2017

My goodness, time sure does fly when we're having fun, doesn't it!

We've had some newcomers to the staff, whom I'll be adding shortly - the first of which is the charming Lirianne Winddancer - you might've known her by the name Niamh, but IC circumstances (which are hush-hush, so shhh) warranted that she change her name, and so she has. We all happen to think Lirianne's a lovely name just the same! Lirianne's the self-described humble housewife of our member Elawyn Winddancer who works for the Celestine FC at their tavern in the Goblet. She's taken on the guild's cleaning duties, as well as an interest in learning the ways of exploration and treasure hunting. Glad to have you, Lirianne! Big Grin

RE: Reliquarian's Guild «Relic» - Lydia Lightfoot - 08-27-2017

Huuuuuge update, after a busy few weeks! We've been quite active with plots and events rolling out for our members, as well as staying generally busy with casual roleplay between scheduled activities. 

We're pleased to welcome some new faces to the staff: 

Nora Cartwright is Lydia's sister, and played by a long-term friend of mine whom I'd been expecting would be joining the staff as time permitted. And thus, time permitted, finally! Hooray!

Eyrilona Wistmoenwyn came to us at random, hoping both OOC and IC to make some new friends and get better exposure to the server community as a whole. Her former FC had all but disbanded following the Stormblood launch, so we're glad she's found a new home among us rather than shuffling off to another server or game. :3

N'idawa "Ida" Jahl is an alt of the player of well-known Maril Hawker, who came our way via our equally well-known guild member Athil Thorne. She'd actually joined up with the staff a few weeks back, but an RL trip kept her away from the game starting right after she'd signed up, so I thought to wait until she returned to announce her (just in case she'd changed her mind while away - but I'm glad she didn't!).

Caera Fairgroom is a new character by the player of Lirianne Winddancer, who has been among our guild for quite awhile now. She'd decided it was time to do a little something fresh, and we were all pleased to chat with her and bounce ideas around to help her settle on one she liked. Thus, Caera was born! Or, rather, fantasia'ed and renamed from an old alt. 

And, unfortunately, as things go, we've had two departures from the staff:

Molgo Meringo has gone Molgo Incommunicado, much to our worry. Molgo, we hope you're okay out there, wherever you are! If you happen to return, we're amenable to discussing shifting your character back to Staff status (he's currently in Member status, since there's no participation requirement for members). 

Lirianne Winddancer has shifted to member status, due primarily to the player's creation of Caera and intention for her to be the focus of staff presence in the guild. Lirianne's still a member, of course, and we'll see her from time to time for RP, for certain!

In other news, we've had a few things sharpening up on the OOC front: 

We've added a linkshell in-game after all, for starters. I wasn't going to, due to the arbitrary participant limit imposed on them by SE, but it occurred to me that we can cross that bridge when we arrived at it. To keep us from getting there overnight, the linkshell is limited to characters who are members or staff of the guild, though it is an OOC linkshell. This means if our members or staff are logged into unaffiliated characters, they won't have access to the linkshell on that character. Our Discord server is still our primary hub, in any case, so anything important will be managed from there so that everyone has access regardless of their presence in-game.

We've also appointed our first moderator for our Discord server - the aforementioned Athil Thorne, who has been a fantastic member of the guild thusfar and drawn interest in the guild from a lot of his contacts. Like me, Athil can now help newcomers to the Discord server to get settled in and welcomed, and will be assisting me with keeping our server in functional order. 

Thanks for reading our update, and, as always, if you have any questions about our guild, don't be shy about shooting me a message or jumping right onto our Discord via the provided link. Big Grin

RE: Reliquarian's Guild «Relic» - Lydia Lightfoot - 09-26-2017

Dunt, dunt, dunt - another month bites the dust!

With two adventure plotlines going on simultaneously, along with our usual social endeavors and assorted other activities, our members who wanted to participate have certainly had quite a bit to enjoy! 
  • Smuggler's Villa is an ongoing plot in which the guild has taken a task from the Alliance to track down a wanted elezen smuggler, Gabalier the Greenplume. While not inherently a peacekeeping force, Lydia knew the guild could be of help to the Alliance, whose forces are stretched thin with stabilization efforts abroad. After several sessions of investigation (and one near-capture!), some members of the guild have begun preparing to chase their quarry to Isla Avispa, an island mostly uncharted due to the population of very deadly giant wasps. What might be found exploring the island as they search for Gabalier - and will the alchemical lotion they've procured to ward off the wasps work?
  • Sleep Like The Dead was a multi-part plot in which Ehzo'ir uncovered some evidence of a somnus drug organization while on guild business. Personal reasons and, perhaps, a bit of heroism, drove him to volunteer with the authorities to help shut down the organization, and he enlisted the aid of his allies in the guild to assist him. Ultimately, the leader Mama Jill was dealt with, and investigation of maps in her possession led to the discovery of a strange blood ruby amulet which had been guarded by voidsent - a catalyst, perhaps, for an upcoming new plot.
Smaller one-shot plot activities have also occurred, such as the scenario in which Lydia's childhood friend and guard of the Reliquarium, Osric Rook, was discovered to have been engaging in collusion with Garleans to trade weapons and war materiel, which led to Osric's arrest - and execution, once the Adders were presumably done interrogating him. As it happened, the player wasn't quite feeling the character, and a reunification with an old friend who'd become a member of the guild inspired him to want to retire Osric in a spectacular fashion, so that he could repurpose the avatar into a character he'd retired, Redde Deadshot, who has since become a member of the guild himself.

New to our staff is the famous warrior Kazukata Go, whose varied life changes - such as the formal suspension of the Hydaelyn Protectors organization, discovery that his daughter Fuku whom he'd thought dead is still alive, and acceptance after many years of solitude that his widower status needn't be permanent - have led him to a significant interest in the adventurous and exploratory aspects of the guild, and a matching significant interest in its dual-ponytailed guildmaster.

If you've been on-the-fence about giving us a look, why not come say hi on our Discord server and see what we're about? We accept guests on the server for up to two weeks, so that the curious-but-undecided can say hello. As of this moment we have over thirty active players in the guild (8 staff, and 20+ members from various FCs), and we're always happy to have new friends become involved! Remember, members have no participation requirements (only staff do), so there's little to lose by checking us out. Smile

RE: Reliquarian's Guild «Relic» - Lydia Lightfoot - 10-22-2017

I guess it's a good sign for the guild that we've been so busy having fun with RP that I've fallen slightly behind on my administrative duties! Better that than the opposite, I suppose.
  • Smuggler's Villa, one of our ongoing serial plots, has reached the conclusion... of its prologue. Having cornered Gabalier the Greenplume on the dangerous Isla Avispa, our heroes made a very unsettling discovery about their quarry's intentions. I won't spoil for you what it was - bring your character by and come find out! Suffice it to say, the plot took a turn into the realm of dark horrors, and left the guildfolk with a very strange relic, one which they have dubbed 'the Eye of Gotlutclat'. https://i.imgur.com/5ylUSui.jpg
  • A Favor Owed, a new serial plot, has also begun! By way of Nora's contacts, the guild has been contacted to assist with the investigation of the theft of a rather valuable heirloom - the Sword of Balduf Thorne. Upon arrival at the scene, our heroes found quite an interesting, and dangerous-seeming, mystery afoot. 
We're proud to announce the addition of Albus Beaularoix to our staff. Well-known in some circles (though he'd roll his eyes and grudgingly deny it), Albus and his character are straight-faced delights, and I feel he offers a wonderful balance to the personalities of the other staff (both IC and OOC). He's been helping me with getting some of our Google Docs organized, and ordinarily he runs a weekly event teaching others thaumaturgy principles (and, sometimes, experimental theories). 

The new wallpaper-compatible partition walls and bright, lovely windows added to housing decor in 4.1 have, along with Albus joining, prompted a bit of remodel around the guild hall. The lower level (where Bistro Le Beau is located) is largely unchanged aside from some reorganizing of the kitchen decor, but the wallpaper walls allowed me to reclaim some decor slots while maintaining the same overall appearance. The guild hall itself, on the second floor, got a big facelift - most importantly, the laboratory facilities have been put into their own room (for both the security of stored artifacts and the safety of those outside the laboratory), and the auditorium is being moved into a private chamber (labeled for public use). Once the new auditorium is decorated, Albus plans to resume his weekly class therein.

Looking for some new friends? Look no further! We're always hoping to have more join us on our Discord server, and we're happy to answer questions about the guild and help our guests there decide if they'd like their character to join. And remember, guild membership is open to anyone from any FC - you needn't leave your FC just to be a member of the Reliquarian's Guild and have fun with our activities. 23 of our guild members  (and 3 guests) can attest to that! Smile