Hydaelyn Role-Players
Need some opinions - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Need some opinions (/showthread.php?tid=20193)

Need some opinions - RenPrimrose - 07-24-2017

Thinking about transfering from Leviathan to Belmung. But before I do...I'd like to know a few things Smile

How friendly is the community on Belmung and how welcoming are they to newbies on there?

Thank you in advance to anyone who takes time to answer or read this post Smile

RE: Need some opinions - Kilieit - 07-24-2017

Unfortunately, Balmung is a Congested world, which means it's completely closed to all manner of new character addition (both creation and transfer).

An up-to-date list of Congested worlds can be found here: http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/1a497643f336b60163223305ae23e07acb3d22f6

RE: Need some opinions - Gegenji - 07-24-2017

Unfortunately, unless they changed something recently, Balmung is locked to both new characters and transfers. So, while we'd love to have you, SE currently is putting a kibosh on that.

However, there are plenty of other servers that have RP! The two big ones right now are Mateus and - for our EU players - Omega, but there's also servers like Faerie and Jenova and a smattering of others. If you check the Free Companies and Linkshells sections, many of them have identified what server they're on. So I'd say give those a looksee and see what catches your fancy!

RE: Need some opinions - RenPrimrose - 07-24-2017

How active is the rp on Mateus then if you don't mind me asking? Smile

RE: Need some opinions - Gegenji - 07-24-2017

I haven't been on Mateus for a while - been busy leveling up and doing stuff on my Balmung characters, but what I'm hearing through the grapevine is that it's doing pretty well RP-wise? Bunch of activities and even a couple spin-offs of a couple regular events over on Balmung!

I expect someone from Mateus to pop in with more information soon enough, but it definitely sounds like the place to go. Thumbsup

RE: Need some opinions - Lydia Lightfoot - 07-24-2017

I've heard mixed things about Mateus, from differing sources. Some say it's going very well over there, and others say it's dead as a can of Spam. The thing is, everyone has to remember they can only expect to get out of an RP community exactly as much as they're personally willing to contribute into it, and that's true exponentially the smaller a community happens to be. 

This is just opinion on my part but for some a big community like Balmung is ideal because they don't really want to contribute very much, they just mostly want to "take", and there's plenty of contributors out there they can take from. In a smaller community, players like that don't find as many content providers they can take from, and so they'll claim the community is dead or boring. But the truth, often enough, is seen through the lens of perspective.

The take-away there is: You'll probably have a fine time on Mateus if you're intending to give as much as you hope to get.

RE: Need some opinions - Kaptinredpantz - 07-24-2017

Mateus isn't crazy active with events but it's got a decently sized community. I've had plenty of walk-up rp to keep things going. Any community there will be problems, but it's honestly not bad here. I'd imagine a few more months of Balmung being closed off and it will be booming. It's growing, so it will be slower than Balmung, no denying that. It just needs a few more Event focused people starting events to get the ball rolling on that front.

RE: Need some opinions - Varinh - 07-24-2017

Mateus's community is stronger than ever before and you can't move two feet without bumping into someone with a roleplaying FC tag now. While the community is smaller than Balmung, it's definitely noteworthy. Make an alt and run through some time, you'll find yourself pleasantly surprised. A good tip to note is that roleplay FCs like to have "___-RP" or "___:RP" as their FC tag, so they're very easily identifiable. It's by no means dead. :)

RE: Need some opinions - SicketySix - 07-27-2017

Let me boil down Mateus for you. (my opinion here)

Mateus has a rather large amount of roleplayers.....who don't do anything.

"Wow! SicketySix, thank you for that informative post!" you are probably thinking rather sarcastically in your head, but that's really the extent of what I've seen for Mateus.

That being said, you could do a lot worse then Mateus, and I'm sure you could find something if you take the time to dig around and look.

RE: Need some opinions - RenPrimrose - 07-27-2017

I'd like to take time out on a side note to say thank you to the community on these forums and the people on Mateus. Been running around on an alt lately to see what the server is like and thus far I've been pretty amazed. Not many take time out to answer questions to a new comer on a game. Most folks just give you the usual "Google it' answer Smile 

And I do believe it's helped me decide on leveling an alt on Mateus. But this is a thank you to everyone! Moogle

RE: Need some opinions - SicketySix - 07-27-2017

(07-27-2017, 11:25 AM)RenPrimrose Wrote: I'd like to take time out on a side note to say thank you to the community on these forums and the people on Mateus. Been running around on an alt lately to see what the server is like and thus far I've been pretty amazed. Not many take time out to answer questions to a new comer on a game. Most folks just give you the usual "Google it' answer Smile 

And I do believe it's helped me decide on leveling an alt on Mateus. But this is a thank you to everyone! Moogle

Glad you found a spot among them, enjoy your time!Thumbsup